coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:35 pm Tell your friends.

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showth ... ?t=2879055
:wat: did you get to replace it? :popcorn:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:

:truk: :truk: :truk:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Nothing, but it'll be very cheap.

Still $26k left to pay off on the bathrooms. AC died and while it only needed a new capacitor to get running again, he showed me the resistance readings and basically said it's all but dead. Should make it through the rest of this year, but plan on replacing the system in the spring. We're still on the old refrigerant, which means the furnace has to be replaced too. Oh, and the in-laws are house shopping to get out of their 1k sq ft hut that's falling apart, but can't get a loan because of student loans from my wife's and her sister's educations that they're still paying for. We already paid off about $15k of what they had that was definitely my wife's, but we can't be sure of what's left how much is actually from my wife's education, but we settled on $30k of the ~$75k of what they still owe.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:46 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Nothing, but it'll be very cheap.

Still $26k left to pay off on the bathrooms. AC died and while it only needed a new capacitor to get running again, he showed me the resistance readings and basically said it's all but dead. Should make it through the rest of this year, but plan on replacing the system in the spring. We're still on the old refrigerant, which means the furnace has to be replaced too. Oh, and the in-laws are house shopping to get out of their 1k sq ft hut that's falling apart, but can't get a loan because of student loans from my wife's and her sister's educations that they're still paying for. We already paid off about $15k of what they had that was definitely my wife's, but we can't be sure of what's left how much is actually from my wife's education, but we settled on $30k of the ~$75k of what they still owe.
Honda Civic :jimp:

Sorry to hear about the :waxer: costs coming at you from all directions. :sad:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:53 pm Honda Civic :jimp:
Quite possibly. Life sucks sometimes. :iono:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

How much would you want for the gold BBS? And do you have pics? Buddy with a WRX in Seattle has been looking for a set.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:33 pm How much would you want for the gold BBS? And do you have pics? Buddy with a WRX in Seattle has been looking for a set.
I'd be looking for $1,000 plus shipping, but I'd only sell them separately if somebody buys the car and doesn't want them.

Here's how they look on the car.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

coogles wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:07 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:33 pm How much would you want for the gold BBS? And do you have pics? Buddy with a WRX in Seattle has been looking for a set.
I'd be looking for $1,000 plus shipping, but I'd only sell them separately if somebody buys the car and doesn't want them.

Here's how they look on the car.
:word: yeah I sent him pictures from your thread yesterday. Keep me posted on how the car sale goes and if they're left over after.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:57 pm Want a Mazda? :dillerman:
How much is trade on the vapemobile? Get into a Mazderp3 fo cheap!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Budget for this car's replacement would be ~$10k OTD. Take the $5k I'd clear from the selling the STi privately, take some cash out of savings for the rest, and be done with car payments until all of that other ish is paid off. Barring that, I'll keep the Subaru for the duration of the lease and we'll try our best to get everything paid for by the time the lease ends.
Johnny_P

Any bites yet?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:Any bites yet?
Not even a nibble.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Apex
Drives: Abominable

coogles wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:22 am
Johnny_P wrote:Any bites yet?
Not even a nibble.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Add some vape clouds to the ad.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:23 am Add some vape clouds to the ad.
:iswydt:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:11 pm Budget for this car's replacement would be ~$10k OTD. Take the $5k I'd clear from the selling the STi privately, take some cash out of savings for the rest, and be done with car payments until all of that other ish is paid off. Barring that, I'll keep the Subaru for the duration of the lease and we'll try our best to get everything paid for by the time the lease ends.
8th gen Si if you want fun
E46 if you're a masochist
G37 if you want a nice car with an auto
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:10 am 8th gen Si if you want fun
E46 if you're a masochist
G37 if you want a nice car with an auto
Doesn't seem like I'm going to have to worry about it, ain't nobody buying this car off a forum where everyone wants a built car with $30k in mods for $18k. I'm not dealing with the flakes on Craigslist and my wife is being induced on Sunday, I really don't have the time to deal with selling a car privately anyway. Lease payment is cheap, so unless somebody comes out of thin air and agrees to pay what I'm asking, I'll be keeping the car.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

4 oil changes by 10k miles ! You even beat the 3k or 3 months rule :lolgasm:

Price seems reasonable ... but I think most would compare it to a 15/16 model at 27-30k hence the lack of bites. :derp: would ignore that yours is newer etc
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I must be some kind of masochist or something, I spent a good 30 minutes reading through some of the warranty issues thread on NASIOC. The number of EJ25x engine failures over there that SOA somehow seems to wiggle out of due to technicalities is :mindblown:. At least VW waits until after the warranty expires to fuck you if you're not tuned. I suppose I knew these EJs were shit, but I figured staying stock under warranty would be enough insurance. :nope: Dealer tears the motor down and finds even the slightest evidence of an oiling issue, in many cases likely caused by the piss water 5w30 they recommend, they'll deny your warranty claim. Bent shift fork? Abuse! Warranty denied. Gear lash set incorrectly from the factory? Abuse, warranty denied.

Blah. As much as I love driving this thing, I bought the wrong damn car.
max225

coogles wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:01 pm I must be some kind of masochist or something, I spent a good 30 minutes reading through some of the warranty issues thread on NASIOC. The number of EJ25x engine failures over there that SOA somehow seems to wiggle out of due to technicalities is :mindblown:. At least VW waits until after the warranty expires to fuck you if you're not tuned. I suppose I knew these EJs were shit, but I figured staying stock under warranty would be enough insurance. :nope: Dealer tears the motor down and finds even the slightest evidence of an oiling issue, in many cases likely caused by the piss water 5w30 they recommend, they'll deny your warranty claim. Bent shift fork? Abuse! Warranty denied. Gear lash set incorrectly from the factory? Abuse, warranty denied.

Blah. As much as I love driving this thing, I bought the wrong damn car.
:whocares: your car is under warranty if you didn't fuck with it. You will have no issues. If you do you get a lawyer and have a clear case+ winnings. Offing this car for "reliability" purposes while it is under full warranty with super low miles is :fullretard:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:57 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:32 pm

:whocares: your car is under warranty if you didn't fuck with it. You will have no issues. If you do you get a lawyer and have a clear case+ winnings. Offing this car for "reliability" purposes while it is under full warranty with super low miles is :fullretard:
:dat:

Only reason to get rid of the car is to trim your overhead and enjoy the benefits of a slowly depreciating tractor.
:wrong: the car has required 4 oil changes so far. It's clearly unreliable.

I spent some time reading the nabisco thread. Found a handful of STIs with engine failure. Most were over revved or money shifted while modified rather heavily. Some had blown clutches from launching them. One was denied coverage due to lack of oil changes. One had a transmission reverse lockout claim denied due to an aftermarket short shifter kit.

:whocares: don't beat the absolute shit out of the car, and if you're worried about warranty don't tune it with a mail order "it's sick brah, trust me it'll run better than factory" tune.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:15 pm

Only reason to get rid of the car is to trim your overhead and enjoy the benefits of a slowly depreciating tractor.

I spent some time reading the nabisco thread. Found a handful of STIs with engine failure. Most were over revved or money shifted while modified rather heavily. Some had blown clutches from launching them. One was denied coverage due to lack of oil changes. One had a transmission reverse lockout claim denied due to an aftermarket short shifter kit.

:whocares: don't beat the absolute shit out of the car, and if you're worried about warranty don't tune it with a mail order "it's sick brah, trust me it'll run better than factory" tune.
This should happen to lot of derps, maybe lot of reliability stigma of brands may change.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

When you gonna mod breh?! Obviously that’s the way to go on these
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:32 pm

When you gonna mod breh?! Obviously that’s the way to go on these
Stock tune is dangerous af, fam. Gotta go stage 2 for safety. Also change out that oil, Subaru specs the wrong weight they don't even know what oil to put in this engine.

Honestly if I blew up my motor I'd get a long block from IAG and shoot for 600 HP for less than a dealer installed new EJ.