Singer Vehicle Design DLS Goodwood

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Bandit
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Legacy Swagon | Nissan 240sx

They've been teasing this car on Instagram/the interwebs for a while now, but they've finally debuted the finished product at Goodwood.

https://jalopnik.com/the-singer-william ... 1827538039

Absolutely amazing, in every way. The attention to detail that Singer maintains on all of their builds is something to behold and this one goes to another level, in my opinion. That tach..... :wub:

Also that engine...real 6 speed with 500 NA HP at 9k RPM? Yes please.

I can't wait to hear it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Bandit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:13 pm They've been teasing this car on Instagram/the interwebs for a while now, but they've finally debuted the finished product at Goodwood.

https://jalopnik.com/the-singer-william ... 1827538039

Absolutely amazing, in every way. The attention to detail that Singer maintains on all of their builds is something to behold and this one goes to another level, in my opinion. That tach..... :wub:

Also that engine...real 6 speed with 500 NA HP at 9k RPM? Yes please.

I can't wait to hear it.
Dat panel gap doe....

Hating aside... shit is kewl yo, but millionaires club cool ...

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

other than the rear looking like a fucking RWB 911, I like it lots.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Incredibru and priced accordingly.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Tons of amazing details, as I would expect from Singer.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

This truly is incredible. I've always loved Singer cars.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:40 pm other than the rear looking like a fucking RWB 911, I like it lots.
Yea, if I was going to be picky, the rear fender flares could have been executed with better flow. I really don't care for RWB Porsches.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:fap:

Im in love with it. Missing seat and all. The level of detail and thought in this thing is :mindblown:

I could just never fork over the money. I'd have to have an epic amount of fuck you money to blow $2m in a car.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:jimp: :fap:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

One of my clients at work has a Singer (the Philadelphia car) and is currently commissioning a second car.

A few weeks ago we had Singer bigwigs our at the store with one of their “shop” cars, while they took an order from the owner and another client.

It was the single most amazing vehicle I have ever seen. The attention to detail is beyond phenomenal on these cars and they are truly works of art. The level of depth in the paint. The stitching in the interior. The grain of the leather. The exposed shift linkages. The Swiss watch-like gauges. The amazing engine and intake.

I’ve been lucky enough to be in, behind the wheel of and around some incredible machinery in the past year, from a 918 to a Pagani. They all pale in comparison to the way these things are crafted. ImageImage
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I love singers. Incredible pieces of machinery.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I feel like I'd be afraid to drive something like that, but maybe not if I could afford to buy one in the first place? :iono:

Those things are cooler than any current Porsche :doe: for sure.
Bandit
Spinbait
Spinbait

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:49 pm Incredibru and priced accordingly.
Absolutely. I was shocked to read in that jalopnik article that they plan to make 75 of these things. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
fledonfoot wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:06 pm One of my clients at work has a Singer (the Philadelphia car) and is currently commissioning a second car.

A few weeks ago we had Singer bigwigs our at the store with one of their “shop” cars, while they took an order from the owner and another client.

It was the single most amazing vehicle I have ever seen. The attention to detail is beyond phenomenal on these cars and they are truly works of art. The level of depth in the paint. The stitching in the interior. The grain of the leather. The exposed shift linkages. The Swiss watch-like gauges. The amazing engine and intake.

I’ve been lucky enough to be in, behind the wheel of and around some incredible machinery in the past year, from a 918 to a Pagani. They all pale in comparison to the way these things are crafted.
Thanks for sharing, fled! I'm sure it is even more ridiculous in person. A car like this certainly transcends into a different category with the craftsmanship that goes into it.

If anyone is interested, it does seem like they are hiring for quite a few positions. I wonder if they are trying to ramp up production? I saw an unrelated comment earlier in the week that said they are currently at a 3 year wait list.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:27 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:40 pm other than the rear looking like a fucking RWB 911, I like it lots.
Yea, if I was going to be picky, the rear fender flares could have been executed with better flow. I really don't care for RWB Porsches.
Apparently you and I are the only two on the fucking planet with this opinion.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Bandit wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:01 am If anyone is interested, it does seem like they are hiring for quite a few positions. I wonder if they are trying to ramp up production? I saw an unrelated comment earlier in the week that said they are currently at a 3 year wait list.
:wasteful: go apply for something.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:27 pm
I'm just not a fan of tacked on fender flares on CARS. Fine on trucks and SUVs, but doesn't work for me on cars. I understand I'm in the vast minority.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:03 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 am

Not a fan of RWB Porches either.
Party of 3 now!
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:24 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:03 am

Not a fan of RWB Porches either.
Party of 3 now!
I'll admit, they went a bit way to retarded in recent years. The early stuff was a lot more mild.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Bandit wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:01 am I wonder if they are trying to ramp up production? I saw an unrelated comment earlier in the week that said they are currently at a 3 year wait list.
Yes, and expansion.
Bandit
Spinbait
Spinbait

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:19 pm
Bandit wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:01 am I wonder if they are trying to ramp up production? I saw an unrelated comment earlier in the week that said they are currently at a 3 year wait list.
Yes, and expansion.
Makes sense. If you've got a line out the door, might as well make use of it.