Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

We are planning to do six mile early afternoon Saturday after she gets done with work.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I have to do some maintenance work on the Jeep this weekend; but I’m planning on Six Mile at some point. Maybe :meat: up with fled on Saturday.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:44 pm I should ride my mountain bike sometime. Make mountain bikes great again.

I think I'm going to sell the road bike. So stiff and racy and no reason for it.... I should get something more comfortable. But it's a rocket. IDK.
How much?
No idea yet. Gotta research what it’s worth. Gut feel right now is $1500?

2011 Cervelo R3
Sram Rival 10 speed
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Saturday afternoon six mile sounds like a plan. :wasteful: can do car and bike shopping if he joins us!
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:17 pm Saturday afternoon six mile sounds like a plan. :wasteful: can do car and bike shopping if he joins us!
:fuckyeah:
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:17 pm Saturday afternoon six mile sounds like a plan. :wasteful: can do car and bike shopping if he joins us!
Saturday morning is GF car shopping :jimp:
Johnny_P

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:00 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:17 pm

How much?
No idea yet. Gotta research what it’s worth. Gut feel right now is $1500?

2011 Cervelo R3
Sram Rival 10 speed
Alright, so, finding what a used bike is worth is hard. Bicycle blue book exists but who knows what they use as a basis? Checking around on crangslists in the area indicate the bike could be worth $1000-1600.

So friends price, $850. If you want blingy silver i9 wheels we can talk. They need to be trued, any LBS should be able to do that for $20 each, or I can have a shop do it. With the i9's I'd want $1200 for the lot. I think if they're re-dished and trued they should fit in the bike fine, they currently rub the tire on the seatstays so I haven't been using them.

If I don't know you the price goes up, this is only for DFD and people I know. This bike was $3200 new in 2011.

Deets on the bike:

2011 Cervelo R3 Rival - BBRight frame
Size: 58cm
Shifters: Rival 2x10
F. Der: Shimano Ultegra 10
R. Der: Rival 10 short cage
Crank: Sram 900 carbon compact, 50/34
Cassette: Ultegra 11-26? 25? I think it's 26.
Brakes: Sram Rival
Chain: Sram
Bars: 3T ergonova
Stem: I have a few stems of varying lengths, you can have your pick between a 90mm giant (on it now), 80mm Zipp, or 100mm 3T.
Seatpost: Ritchey WCS carbon, or I have some aluminum ones if you don't want to deal with CF
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Flow or Fizik Arione your choice
Wheelset: Currently Fulcrum Racing 7 that needs new front bearings, or i9 i25 classic available as noted above.
Tires: Continental GP4000 SII in 23mm size, decent shape

No pedals

Bar tape and shifter hoods are shot so if you want the bike I'll install new tape and hoods in color of your choice for free.

This is a racing bike. It rides smooth-ish compared to racing bikes of the same era, but it is not butter smooth. Power transfer is absolutely incredible and this bike is a rocket, there is absolutely zero frame flex at the bottom bracket junction and this thing just rips. The fit on this is slightly more upright than other racing bikes but not quite current "endurance" style fit. Weight, who knows, but I think it's under 18 lbs. With lighter wheels and some selective parts you could easily get it to 16. There is a scratch on the top tube near the R3 decal, it's just worn off paint from a bike resting next to it while being transported. No dents in the frame. I had a scare with it a few years ago where I endo'd pretty hard and I had 2 shops look at it and give it a 100% clean bill of health. This is a very robust and well made bike. No BB creaking, shifts fire off immediately like gunshots, even the front shifts well since I changed it to a shimano derailleur. Brake pads were new last year so they are strong. For sale because I don't ride it much and prefer my 30lb steel boat anchor fun bike, and want something more plush with discs for road use since I'm not racing. I have ridden it with carbon fiber wheels and it's mind blowing how smooth it is, so if this doesn't sell I'll just buy some waxer wheels for it.

Can take updated pics on request.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

So am I going to have to get ramz sooner rather than later? When [user not found] mentioned the tire lineup I was curious and went back to look at old pics. The first one is from one of my last rides from last season and the labels are lined up correctly. The second pic was from our ride on the 4th and the labels are way out of whack.

When I brought it to guy's a month ago it was only for brake and seatpost issues so I don't think they'd do anything to the tires. I also never changed the tubes on them until this past week when I did the tire change. The tire shouldn't be sliding around on the rim. Is that a rim or a tire problem? I believe the rapid robs are wire beaded. Not sure if that makes a difference.

:dafuq:

9/16/17

7/4/18
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:55 pm So am I going to have to get ramz sooner rather than later? When [user not found] mentioned the tire lineup I was curious and went back to look at old pics. The first one is from one of my last rides from last season and the labels are lined up correctly. The second pic was from our ride on the 4th and the labels are way out of whack.

When I brought it to guy's a month ago it was only for brake and seatpost issues so I don't think they'd do anything to the tires. I also never changed the tubes on them until this past week when I did the tire change. The tire shouldn't be sliding around on the rim. Is that a rim or a tire problem? I believe the rapid robs are wire beaded. Not sure if that makes a difference.

9/16/17

7/4/18
You don’t have a problem.

Besides... The pictures are taken of opposite sides of the bike and the space between the words “rapid rob” is in a slightly different location and throws off the perception of the “middle”.

RAPID ROB
BOR DIPAR

Unless you want me to tell you to buy new wheels, then absolutely this is a huge problem and needs addressing. The perception of tire/rim slippage has stressed the hubs, in turn causing excess stress on the fork dropouts which compromises the headset cups. Given they are now 1/600,000th of an inch out of tolerance that means the frame is shot in addition to your fork. The cassette has seen excess stress on the rear hub and has stretch the chain and slightly rounded off a jockey wheel on the rear derailleur.

At this point, the only thing to do is buy a Cannondale Bad Habit.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:37 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:55 pm So am I going to have to get ramz sooner rather than later? When [user not found] mentioned the tire lineup I was curious and went back to look at old pics. The first one is from one of my last rides from last season and the labels are lined up correctly. The second pic was from our ride on the 4th and the labels are way out of whack.

9/16/17

7/4/18

Besides... The pictures are taken of opposite sides of the bike and the space between the words “rapid rob” is in a slightly different location and throws off the perception of the “middle”.

RAPID ROB
BOR DIPAR

Unless you want me to tell you to buy new wheels, then absolutely this is a huge problem and needs addressing. The perception of tire/rim slippage has stressed the hubs, in turn causing excess stress on the fork dropouts which compromises the headset cups. Given they are now 1/600,000th of an inch out of tolerance that means the frame is shot in addition to your fork. The cassette has seen excess stress on the rear hub and has stretch the chain and slightly rounded off a jockey wheel on the rear derailleur.

:lolol:

Yeah I looked for a pic from the same side but didn't have one. I also checked the tires and the schwalbe and rapid Rob text are in the same spot on both sidewalls. Weird how they shifted.

Full suspension will come later.
https://guysbicycles.com/product/cannon ... 9328-1.htm
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:37 pm

9/16/17

7/4/18

RAPID ROB
BOR DIPAR

:bravo:
Johnny_P

:lolgasm: :caspian:

Buy some XT hub / tubeless ram wheels or those X9/Mavic combos I posted earlier. Should be like $150 for the set, well made wheels, and only like 300 grams heavier than a $600 set.

I really like my Mavic tubeless hookless aluminum rims. The X9 hubs are unremarkable but haven't let me down yet :iono:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 pm :lolgasm: :caspian:

Buy some XT hub / tubeless ram wheels or those X9/Mavic combos I posted earlier. Should be like $150 for the set, well made wheels, and only like 300 grams heavier than a $600 set.

I really like my Mavic tubeless hookless aluminum rims. The X9 hubs are unremarkable but haven't let me down yet :iono:
But what should I do?!?!?!?!
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:05 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 pm :lolgasm: :caspian:

Get a killer dill from a friend; then go to a closer LBS and get the same dill.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:17 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:05 pm

I'll promise to send beer too and then just not do it.
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:37 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:17 pm

I'll promise to send beer too and then just not do it.
Then disappear forever. :sad:
Johnny_P

Y’all think $850 is a fair price or nah?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:30 pm Y’all think $850 is a fair price or nah?
I think so, and if i wasn’t just about to fly to Wales and then come home and buy a hot pink Demo 8, I’d be seriously thinking about it.
Apex

What are ya'll thinking time wise tomorrow?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:39 pm What are ya'll thinking time wise tomorrow?
We’ll be at six mile at 2pm. Canal lot.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:58 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:39 pm What are ya'll thinking time wise tomorrow?
:like:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote:
fledonfoot wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:58 pm We’ll be at six mile at 2pm. Canal lot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:58 pm
I don't know what size you are but dude if you want a road bike....

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/bik ... 67938.html

If this were a 58cm I'd buy it.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Anyone riding tomorrow?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Apex

I should probably stop riding other peoples bikes, makes me want to :plac: even more. Fled's AM was so much fun, that bike begs to be tossed around.