House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

House looks sick. I actually don't mind the yellow/red scheme since it's a deeper red and not super bright. Paint it a nice blue color though with the red and it'll be :jimp:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:27 am House looks sick. I actually don't mind the yellow/red scheme since it's a deeper red and not super bright. Paint it a nice blue color though with the red and it'll be :jimp:
Yep, blue/grey with deep red shutters would be 5/7.

Would likely investigate sandblasting the stucco back to natural if we get the house. Then paint the dormers a matching beige/gray and keep the red shutters.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:44 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:27 am House looks sick. I actually don't mind the yellow/red scheme since it's a deeper red and not super bright. Paint it a nice blue color though with the red and it'll be :jimp:
Yep, blue/grey with deep red shutters would be 5/7.

Would likely investigate sandblasting the stucco back to natural if we get the house. Then paint the dormers a matching beige/gray and keep the red shutters.
Yeah, that sounds hawt.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:58 am
Apex wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:54 am

Done :dill: right there.
We'll see. Offer in $10k below ask (which brings it more in line with price/sqft in the area because the house is small) and we waved our ability to nickel and dime them from the inspection...basically we can walk if something catastrophic is found, but we're not going to ask them to fix dumb shit or ask for more off after inspection. We take it as-is or walk. Realtor claims that's a big plus for sellers knowing that they're not going to get jacked around after inspection.

:popcorn:
Sounds amazing! :like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Really nice lot too
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:34 pm Really nice lot too
It's the biggest selling point, really.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Mahtroit, link to Bag End on Zillow?
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:16 pm Mahtroit, link to Bag End on Zillow?
Bag end won't be listed until we have an accepted offer on another house. We refuse to be homeless or be in a desperate situation again.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:23 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:16 pm Mahtroit, link to Bag End on Zillow?
Bag end won't be listed until we have an accepted offer on another house. We refuse to be homeless or be in a desperate situation again.
I just wanted to see the specs on zillow with sqft and everything for fun.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:23 pm
I just wanted to see the specs on zillow with sqft and everything for fun.
The listing from when we bought it 3 years ago is still showing. It looks entirely different inside and out now.

Also, they under-stated square footage. Appraisal confirmed it's 2,100 sq ft

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/314- ... lpage=true
SAWCE

Gotcha
ChrisoftheNorth

Wow, looking at that, if we relist it, it'll look like an entirely different house. We took the giant tree out of the middle of the backyard, vinyl siding ripped off everything and original cedar siding painted, porch, floors redone, all walls painted, carpet runners added, new kitchen appliances, etc, etc, etc
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am Ramp is good for loading pallets. :disgust:
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
:bravo: :lolol: :bravo:
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Proximity to Tony's?

Stumble-home distance?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am Ramp is good for loading pallets. :disgust:
:lolol:

Then, when the last pallet is loaded, ramp can be disassembled for next pinshit project.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:08 pm Proximity to Tony's?

Stumble-home distance?
Totally. But it's a bit further than we are now.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:08 pm

Then, when the last pallet is loaded, ramp can be disassembled for next pinshit project.
Good point. Ramp will need to be saved.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:21 pm

Free wood is free wood.

#pinshitthings
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:21 pm

Free wood is free wood.

#pinshitthings
wap

Fucking double post. :disappoint:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Dang, i think i will exercise one of my conditions to pull out of the beach house tomorrow. Something is seriously not right.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Tarspin wrote:Dang, i think i will exercise one of my conditions to pull out of the beach house tomorrow. Something is seriously not right.
:wat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:48 pm
Tarspin wrote:Dang, i think i will exercise one of my conditions to pull out of the beach house tomorrow. Something is seriously not right.
:wat:
Its in a condo corp, so we added to the purchase agreement a conditional clause that says that the buyer (me) must find the condo terms and conditions satisfactory. The current owner (who also controls the condo corp because he built and manages/rents/sells the houses) has the usual snow plow/gate pass fee of $70/mth, but added some erroneous $2k fee and nobody knows why. When we asked about it the listing sales guy appologised for his mistake. Apparently he sent the old conditions doc. Then he took up all of today to send a new one, and I still dont have it.

TL;DR
The condo corp owns the most houses in the complex and has the most votes to allow for any changes and at any time as long as they are voted upon. If they decide to charge everyone $2k they can. It doesn't hurt them because they pay themselves, and shmucks like may pay them.

Also, they made up a rule in that doc that I can only rent long term (1mth), and will be charged $1k if I chose to rent my place out weekly or for a weekend. Apparently that is :wrong: too now that I pointed it out and i don't need to worry because the revised document has that revised.

So tomorrow I'm going to exercise my right to pull the plug and get my deposit back.

Still TL;DR
Fuck those guys.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:27 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:48 pm :wat:
Its in a condo corp, so we added to the purchase agreement a conditional clause that says that the buyer (me) must find the condo terms and conditions satisfactory. The current owner (who also controls the condo corp because he built and manages/rents/sells the houses) has the usual snow plow/gate pass fee of $70/mth, but added some erroneous $2k fee and nobody knows why. When we asked about it the listing sales guy appologised for his mistake. Apparently he sent the old conditions doc. Then he took up all of today to send a new one, and I still dont have it.

TL;DR
The condo corp owns the most houses in the complex and has the most votes to allow for any changes and at any time as long as they are voted upon. If they decide to charge everyone $2k they can. It doesn't hurt them because they pay themselves, and shmucks like may pay them.

Also, they made up a rule in that doc that I can only rent long term (1mth), and will be charged $1k if I chose to rent my place out weekly or for a weekend. Apparently that is :wrong: too now that I pointed it out and i don't need to worry because the revised document has that revised.

So tomorrow I'm going to exercise my right to pull the plug and get my deposit back.

Still TL;DR
Fuck those guys.
Beach house with snow plow fee. :impressive:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:09 pm Dang, i think i will exercise one of my conditions to pull out of the beach house tomorrow. Something is seriously not right.
go on