So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Using some pecan wood this morning. Never used it before. It smells amazing
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

I’ve attempted to avoid adding additional expenses to track life...but it was time. Tire warmers and a generator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

These delivered today. Noise cancelling headphones. Didn't want to spend :waxer: level dough on a pair so I thought these were pretty reasonably priced. Got them for $46, about a third off on one of Amazon's Lightening deals. I had my eye on them for a while and when the Lightening deal popped up on Sunday I jumped on it. They're currently sitting on my front porch so I'll check it out when I get home. I plan on using them when flying to Europe.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071SFQR9T?th=1

I can post my impressions here if anyone is interested.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:37 pm These delivered today. Noise cancelling headphones. Didn't want to spend :waxer: level dough on a pair so I thought these were pretty reasonably priced. Got them for $46, about a third off on one of Amazon's Lightening deals. I had my eye on them for a while and when the Lightening deal popped up on Sunday I jumped on it. They're currently sitting on my front porch so I'll check it out when I get home. I plan on using them when flying to Europe.

No reviews? Youre a wildman!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:59 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:37 pm These delivered today. Noise cancelling headphones. Didn't want to spend :waxer: level dough on a pair so I thought these were pretty reasonably priced. Got them for $46, about a third off on one of Amazon's Lightening deals. I had my eye on them for a while and when the Lightening deal popped up on Sunday I jumped on it. They're currently sitting on my front porch so I'll check it out when I get home. I plan on using them when flying to Europe.

"FAITH" is engraved on each side for a reason...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:28 pm

:lolol:

I've got the Sennheiser HD1/Momentum 2.0 headphones and let me tell you, if the noise cancellation on these "faith" units works at all they are well worth the $50. On the flight to and from Kauai I wore mine for the whole time other than when talking with the wife. I even wore them with nothing playing to try to nap, just to kill the airplane noise and they were incredible.
wap

If you click on the white one you'll find 148 customer reviews. 4 out of 5 stars.
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:43 pm

I've got the Sennheiser HD1/Momentum 2.0 headphones and let me tell you, if the noise cancellation on these "faith" units works at all they are well worth the $50. On the flight to and from Kauai I wore mine for the whole time other than when talking with the wife. I even wore them with nothing playing to try to nap, just to kill the airplane noise and they were incredible.
Nice noise cancelling/studio headphones are definitely on my list at some point.
wap

That's supposed to be removable with a hair dryer. Probably the first thing I'm going to do. It actually made me think twice about buying them until I found a review on line that mentioned the hair dryer thing.
wap

I figured you had :waxer: ones.

I'm sure these won't be anywhere near as good as yours but the reviews are decent so we'll see.

That's exactly why I'm buying them, for long distance flights to Europe to kill the jet roar and passenger sounds. The battery life is supposed to be good so I might be able to do a round trip on just one charge. Wife has a cheap pair of :scrooge: Maxell ones and even they cancel SOME of the noise so I'm pretty confident these will be better than hers at least. Guess I'll find out when we go to Switzerland in a couple months.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:50 pm

I'm sure these won't be anywhere near as good as yours but the reviews are decent so we'll see.

That's exactly why I'm buying them, for long distance flights to Europe to kill the jet roar and passenger sounds. The battery life is supposed to be good so I might be able to do a round trip on just one charge. Wife has a cheap pair of :scrooge: Maxell ones and even they cancel SOME of the noise so I'm pretty confident these will be better than hers at least. Guess I'll find out when we go to Switzerland in a couple months.
Anything is better than nothing, and I would recommend getting one or two of these for your carry-on, especially if you're not in first class/don't have power on your plane seat: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Charger ... le+charger

They have bigger and smaller ones based on what you need, but this one worked well for me keeping my tablet, phone and headphones charged on the trips.

I used mine even when I had power outlets for convenience of plugging in 2 things at once.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:44 pm

If you click on the white one you'll find 148 customer reviews. 4 out of 5 stars.

SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Anything is better than nothing, and I would recommend getting one or two of these for your carry-on, especially if you're not in first class/don't have power on your plane seat: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Charger ... le+charger

They have bigger and smaller ones based on what you need, but this one worked well for me keeping my tablet, phone and headphones charged on the trips.

I used mine even when I had power outlets for convenience of plugging in 2 things at once.
I have a smaller Anker charger. They're great for sure.
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:00 pm

That's not a bad idea, thanks.
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:01 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:44 pm

:notsure:

So...that's good, right?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:14 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:01 pm

So...that's good, right?
Yeah. Who knows. I bought a pair basically like that with a C rating and I like them a lot (cowin E7).

Amazon has really gone down hill. Is cancel prime if they weren't giving me free shit.

I bought some hot sauce on there last week because I didnt think Meijer had it. Paid 8 bucks....... Meijer had it for 1.99....
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:26 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:14 pm

So...that's good, right?
Yeah. Who knows. I bought a pair basically like that with a C rating and I like them a lot (cowin E7).

Amazon has really gone down hill. Is cancel prime if they weren't giving me free shit.

I bought some hot sauce on there last week because I didnt think Meijer had it. Paid 8 bucks....... Meijer had it for 1.99....
I almost bought those Cowins. Glad you like them.

So far these Bludio's seem ok but I have to charge them first. They certainly are comfortable to wear and have a high quality feel to them.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:09 am Blew some :troywax: on a pair of matching Hemnes dressers from IKEA for the master bedroom. Overall really nice units, but fuck are they tedious to build. First one took me 4 hours, 2nd one about 2.5.

The thrift-sourced units we bought about 5 years ago had grown small and it was time to invest in something that actually had drawers that didn't jam, and fit all of our clothes. Plus, I was tired of looking at the spot where the animals had taste tested the finish.

Wow, that looks like a tall dresser, it goes all the way to the ceiling! :)

Looks nice man... that taste tested unit would have driven me nuts.
wap

That's either a very tall dresser or a short knee wall in a converted attic or something.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:09 am Blew some :troywax: on a pair of matching Hemnes dressers from IKEA for the master bedroom. Overall really nice units, but fuck are they tedious to build. First one took me 4 hours, 2nd one about 2.5.

The thrift-sourced units we bought about 5 years ago had grown small and it was time to invest in something that actually had drawers that didn't jam, and fit all of our clothes. Plus, I was tired of looking at the spot where the animals had taste tested the finish.

I have these.

Fuck me, it's all drawers.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

We have the same set along with the night stands and bed .

Very durable now for about 5 years
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Wood glue makes Ikea stuff great again, good call.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tight Bond II
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:07 amTight
:hubba:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:11 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:07 amTight
:hubba:
Yeah. I googled it to provide a link and that's not how it's spelled. Titebond actually.

But it's good stuff. I use it for everything involving....wood. :hubba: