OT 14: No Luck for Old Men

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 pm 14% pay raise, way less stress, and now she can get licnesed through work, which will just open up more opportunities in the future.
Great!

Now you just have to get your good news!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:17 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:00 pm

GTFO with this nonsense.

The zero tolerance made separating children policy for misdemeanors for which previously catch and release was the policy. If you had extenuating circumstances, yes your children could be separated from you, as ALL children in the US are subject to if your parents comitt crimes. That's everyone's policy for 100 years

What Drumpf did was similar to separting families for jaywalking.

Wanting children to be allowed in so they can become voters is most definitely a political move but comparing it as equal in your whataboutism to children being separated from their families for misdemeanors is daft.
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

:narc: , as an immigrant son of immigrants, you should be more :triggered: by this. :disappoint:
I don’t agree with it. I just hate how both sides are using these families as pawns in their game.

But, I personally believe if you are going to deport a family that came here illegaly, you shouldn’t separate them. Either process them as a family or deport them as a family.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

razr390 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:22 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:17 pm
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

:narc: , as an immigrant son of immigrants, you should be more :triggered: by this. :disappoint:
I don’t agree with it. I just hate how both sides are using these families as pawns in their game.

But, I personally believe if you are going to deport a family that came here illegaly, you shouldn’t separate them. Either process them as a family or deport them as a family.
Again, both sides are using them for political ends.

One side wants to to grow up to vote and further their agenda and the other wants to separate them from their parents as a deterrent to illegal immigration

These things are not equal in harm on any level.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:44 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:50 pm Looks like I’m not sleeping tonight. :disappoint:

At least everyone gets to unequivocally say their lives are vastly better than mine.
What's the word or did I miss the update?
After making a bunch of phone calls today, we learned that the correct process to take is the court needs a letter from us disputing the garnishment claim. This should allow us to handle with out going through the garnishment process and hopefully keep it off my credit report. This is due to the stage of the process that we are in right now.

We found out what the bills were for, now to get working with the court to remedy the situation in a calm and controlled manner.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:30 pm

After making a bunch of phone calls today, we learned that the correct process to take is the court needs a letter from us disputing the garnishment claim. This should allow us to handle with out going through the garnishment process and hopefully keep it off my credit report. This is due to the stage of the process that we are in right now.

We found out what the bills were for, now to get working with the court to remedy the situation in a calm and controlled manner.
At least some of the uncertainty is gone.
Apex

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:32 pm

At least some of the uncertainty is gone.
:dat:
Now we plug along with the system and see what we can do.
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:28 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:22 pm

One side wants to to grow up to vote and further their agenda and the other wants to separate them from their parents as a deterrent to illegal immigration

:dat: . :gtfo: with your false equivalencies.
wap

:like:
Keep working the problem, calmly as you said, and you'll get through it. Good to hear.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

wap wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:26 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:28 pm

Take this shit to the political thread where it's a safe space for crying, please.
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:41 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:26 pm

Take this shit to the political thread where it's a safe space for crying, please.
:sass:

:hai:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

wap wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:57 pm

:sass:

:hai:
:howdy:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Speaking of crying, my work week hours got changed to 10-6:30.

Pros and cons to the change but still change
razr390

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:18 pm Speaking of crying, my work week hours got changed to 10-6:30.

Pros and cons to the change but still change
Pros: less traffic either way, sleep in if you want, less people in the office overall

Cons: pretty much have to take a half day or full day off for any appointment.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Morning fuckers.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:39 pm Protests are mostly worthless anyway, but if it makes someone feel better, I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't screw with my commute.
Protests killed efforts to gut the ACA and they helped end the Vietnam war and they helped end Jim Crow laws and forced Johnson to deliver civil rights laws.

To name a few.
Those were reasonable people. Today's .gov is :aintcare: about the people, just appealing to voters. Two vastly different things. Democracy is failing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:16 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:45 am
Those were reasonable people. Today's .gov is :aintcare: about the people, just appealing to voters. Two vastly different things. Democracy is failing.
The .gov is giving people what they want, which is entertainment.
:disgust:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:00 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:16 am

The .gov is giving people what they want, which is entertainment.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:01 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:00 am
:hellno:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Anyone have movie pass? Send like a Nation and we don't really go to movies
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:wtf: happened?
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:45 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:30 am

:wtf: happened?
Baby doc tried to gape Mr. Apex unfairly.

Due to an insurance switch, we owed out first baby doc some monies. But they never told us we owed them monies until my HR department told me they were starting to garnish my paycheck. No idea what the original bill was, but will get this taken care of.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:31 am Glad to hear it's working out Pex.
Thanks Bendy!

Finally doing alright now that we were able to talk to someone and figure out what we need to do. Going to be a process, but we'll get it squared away. I'm hopeful for a minimal credit impact.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:44 am

No political wormholes in OT please.
No fighting in the war room guys
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

[user not found] wrote:
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:10 am No fighting in the war room guys
No sex in the champagne room.
More appropriate.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:50 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:45 am

Baby doc tried to gape Mr. Apex unfairly.

Due to an insurance switch, we owed out first baby doc some monies. But they never told us we owed them monies until my HR department told me they were starting to garnish my paycheck. No idea what the original bill was, but will get this taken care of.
fucking medical bullshit. :rolleyes:

They do it directly or did it go to collections? If they are doing directly you have a decent path forward....
brain go brrrrrr