OT 14: No Luck for Old Men

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Protests are mostly worthless anyway, but if it makes someone feel better, I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't screw with my commute.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:39 pm Protests are mostly worthless anyway, but if it makes someone feel better, I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't screw with my commute.
Yeah.. you get to feel good about your "voice being heard".. but guess what!? Nobody is listening or gives a shit. Speak with your votes or go get a job doing something where you can actually make an impact, but :gtfo: of the roads on a Saturday when I'm trying to run errands.

With the internet and everyone being plugged in 24/7 its not like people are oblivious to these issues, and the ones that are are going to ignore your protests just like they did the 7million facebook posts they chose to scroll past.
SAWCE

Hmmm.. I had something to say before that mini rant and now I can't remember.
SAWCE

Oh, yeah! Buddy at NG text me this morning to tell me the third and final guy was being interviewed today. He said that he talked to his boss, the hiring manager I interviewed with, about me again and that the guy still really liked me.

Hoping the dude today bombs it. Should hear impressions from my buddy later today or tomorrow after the interview, and hear back on the selection near the end of this week or early next week.

Fingers crossed.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:39 pm Protests are mostly worthless anyway, but if it makes someone feel better, I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't screw with my commute.
Yeah.. you get to feel good about your "voice being heard".. but guess what!? Nobody is listening or gives a shit. Speak with your votes or go get a job doing something where you can actually make an impact, but :gtfo: of the roads on a Saturday when I'm trying to run errands.

With the internet and everyone being plugged in 24/7 its not like people are oblivious to these issues, and the ones that are are going to ignore your protests just like they did the 7million facebook posts they chose to scroll past.
:dat:

A few weeks ago, the street out of my parking garage at work was shut down because of a protest. Traffic was a NIGHTMARE and I was :rage:

Then I found out that it was janitors fighting for unions and a $15/hr wage.

Then I went

:rage: :rage: :rage:
:rage: :triggered: :rage:
:rage: :rage: :rage:

The janitors in my building do a HORRIBLE job. Why the hell should they get a raise? If I do a bad job, I don't get a raise. What in the actual...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:47 pm Oh, yeah! Buddy at NG text me this morning to tell me the third and final guy was being interviewed today. He said that he talked to his boss, the hiring manager I interviewed with, about me again and that the guy still really liked me.

Hoping the dude today bombs it. Should hear impressions from my buddy later today or tomorrow after the interview, and hear back on the selection near the end of this week or early next week.

Fingers crossed.
:popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:59 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:57 pm

well, ima :scrooge:

I at least have reusable cups. I get triggered over the people constantly using styrofoam cups 8x a day...
And there is no free coffee here. There is a coffee "club" you join and can use the kurig
My old office did this. Such :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:05 pm
Thedude wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:12 pm I don't take enough online quizzes... any recommendations?
How many hours per week of work is the right number of hours per week?
:triggered:
SAWCE

Thedude wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:12 pm I don't take enough online quizzes... any recommendations?
40, but we should all work four 10 hour days.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Anything but the right amount is the wrong amount.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:54 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:10 pm oh god im reviewing the intern's report draft and its fucking terrible.
you should reply with comment at 6:39am

#workinghard
:triggered:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:55 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:44 pm

It was part of the massive (700+ cities) protest against the treatment of immigrants and the caging of children of asylum seekers. There were over 50k marchers in Chicago. In 98* heat. :impressive:
I protested from my #privilegepool that immigrants built.

:carlton:
:slowclap:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

The psychology behind this is that the more inconvenience you cause people who are trying to get on with their lives by shutting down traffic illegaly (not any of the recent ones, but in general) then the people you inconvenience are less likely to be sympathetic toward your cause, no matter how just.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:02 pm

It was part of the massive (700+ cities) protest against the treatment of immigrants and the caging of children of asylum seekers. There were over 50k marchers in Chicago. In 98* heat. :impressive:
Not trying to flame but most of these protests were anti-Drumpf not anti-treatment of immigrants and caging of children and asylum seekers.

I don’t remember 700+ cities protesting when Obama was president even though most of the pictures circulating in the media are from the Obama administration.

Now, it doesn’t make it any less of an issue, I just want to point out that there is no “right” when it comes to making this political. This is a human/human rights issue, and both parties are using these immigrants and children as chess pieces in their political quest for a checkmate.
:bruh:
I saw her placards. They were about caging children and the treatment of immigrants. Cheeto is certainly mentioned because he could have ended it but chose to lie about it saying only the Dems could end it until public outcry forced him to back down.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:50 pm Looks like I’m not sleeping tonight. :disappoint:

At least everyone gets to unequivocally say their lives are vastly better than mine.
What's the word or did I miss the update?
wap

Protests killed efforts to gut the ACA and they helped end the Vietnam war and they helped end Jim Crow laws and forced Johnson to deliver civil rights laws.

To name a few.
wap

:wrong:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Snake was eating a frog in the backyard this evening. Poor frog was half in the snakes mouth just looking at me.
wap

wap wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:44 pm
Protests killed efforts to gut the ACA and they helped end the Vietnam war and they helped end Jim Crow laws and forced Johnson to deliver civil rights laws.

To name a few.
:dat:

Deets, Pecs.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Not trying to flame but most of these protests were anti-Trump not anti-treatment of immigrants and caging of children and asylum seekers.

I don’t remember 700+ cities protesting when Obama was president even though most of the pictures circulating in the media are from the Obama administration.

Now, it doesn’t make it any less of an issue, I just want to point out that there is no “right” when it comes to making this political. This is a human/human rights issue, and both parties are using these immigrants and children as chess pieces in their political quest for a checkmate.
GTFO with this nonsense.

The zero tolerance made separating children policy for misdemeanors for which previously catch and release was the policy. If you had extenuating circumstances, yes your children could be separated from you, as ALL children in the US are subject to if your parents comitt crimes. That's everyone's policy for 100 years

What Trump did was similar to separting families for jaywalking.

Wanting children to be allowed in so they can become voters is most definitely a political move but comparing it as equal in your whataboutism to children being separated from their families for misdemeanors is daft.
Last edited by KYGTIGuy on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

Michelle got the job at Sharp :fuckyeah: happy for her. Now I need to hear back from NG.
SAWCE

14% pay raise, way less stress, and now she can get licnesed through work, which will just open up more opportunities in the future.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 pm 14% pay raise, way less stress, and now she can get licnesed through work, which will just open up more opportunities in the future.
Good for her.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:07 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 pm 14% pay raise, way less stress, and now she can get licnesed through work, which will just open up more opportunities in the future.
Good for her.
Yeah I’m very happy for her. Just the mental health aspect of getting out of her current gig is priceless.
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:00 pm
Not trying to flame but most of these protests were anti-Drumpf not anti-treatment of immigrants and caging of children and asylum seekers.

GTFO with this nonsense.

The zero tolerance made separating children policy for misdemeanors for which previously catch and release was the policy. If you had extenuating circumstances, yes your children could be separated from you, as ALL children in the US are subject to if your parents comitt crimes. That's everyone's policy for 100 years

What Drumpf did was similar to separting families for jaywalking.

Wanting children to be allowed in so they can become voters is most definitely a political move but comparing it as equal in your whataboutism to children being separated from their families for misdemeanors is daft.
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

:narc: , as an immigrant son of immigrants, you should be more :triggered: by this. :disappoint: