OT 14: No Luck for Old Men

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Holy shit, on my drive in this morning I'm just cruising down a main road and this :sawce: d up :meat: head pulls out in front of me in a newer BMW 535 and doesn't go anywhere. He rolls down his window and starts yelling at me, so I just waive my hand at him telling him to move and drive. We pull up next to each other at the next stop light and he starts screaming at me that he's going to break me in half and shit.
I'm all :wtf: you pulled out in front of me and didn't fucking move.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote:Holy shit, on my drive in this morning I'm just cruising down a main road and this :sawce: d up :meat: head pulls out in front of me in a newer BMW 535 and doesn't go anywhere. He rolls down his window and starts yelling at me, so I just waive my hand at him telling him to move and drive. We pull up next to each other at the next stop light and he starts screaming at me that he's going to break me in half and shit.
:jackass: :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:51 am Holy shit, on my drive in this morning I'm just cruising down a main road and this :sawce: d up :meat: head pulls out in front of me in a newer BMW 535 and doesn't go anywhere. He rolls down his window and starts yelling at me, so I just waive my hand at him telling him to move and drive. We pull up next to each other at the next stop light and he starts screaming at me that he's going to break me in half and shit.
Oh goodie, :jackass: story time.

I was avoiding traffic through a :mahtroy: area when I'm sitting at a red light behind a 2.7L Charger (the official vehicle of :mahtroy: Detroit). Light turns green, no movement. I sit for a little bit and give a toot on the horn. Apparently that was a challenge? He TAKES off, then brake checks me from about 40mph. I attempt to go around him, and as I reach his door, he speeds up to match my speed. I speed up, he speeds up, and etc. Windows dark as night, so I have no idea what's going on. I end up slamming on brakes and cutting into a one-way alley to avoid him. He didn't follow.

I'm really over cities.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:35 am
Apex wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:51 am Holy shit, on my drive in this morning I'm just cruising down a main road and this :sawce: d up :meat: head pulls out in front of me in a newer BMW 535 and doesn't go anywhere. He rolls down his window and starts yelling at me, so I just waive my hand at him telling him to move and drive. We pull up next to each other at the next stop light and he starts screaming at me that he's going to break me in half and shit.

I was avoiding traffic through a :mahtroy: area when I'm sitting at a red light behind a 2.7L Charger (the official vehicle of :mahtroy: Detroit). Light turns green, no movement. I sit for a little bit and give a toot on the horn. Apparently that was a challenge? He TAKES off, then brake checks me from about 40mph. I attempt to go around him, and as I reach his door, he speeds up to match my speed. I speed up, he speeds up, and etc. Windows dark as night, so I have no idea what's going on. I end up slamming on brakes and cutting into a one-way alley to avoid him. He didn't follow.

I'm really over cities.
:disgust:
:jackass: is really uncalled for when we're just trying to get to work.
ChrisoftheNorth

I also think I'm over selling stuff. I just can't even with people anymore.

:jackass: time

I have this underseat storage box accessory from my Silverado. It's like $200 or something, I got it for $100, and I've been trying to sell it for that since I got my ZR2 in September.

One dude contacts me last week on Wednesday at 1pm and asks if I still have it. I say yes, and he responds "send me your address, I'll come get it". I told him that I could meet him at 6pm that night and to that he says "no, I need to get it right now". :I told him I'm at work and won't be out until 5 at the earliest and he responds "k, NM"
:wat:

Last night, I get a dude asking if it's available. I say Yes, he says "good". THAT'S IT so an hour later I respond "let me know if you're interested" to which he responds immediately "I am". It's been an hour since that response.

What in the actual fuck? I'm at the point where I'd rather just throw it out than make the $50 I'll probably end up with. The hassle is unbelievable with people. The general population is so :disgust: I just can't even anymore.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:33 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:20 pm

:dat:
Most people don’t know about Conway? Dang.
I guess we need to make him DFD famous eh?

For those not previously informed he is :dillerman: personified.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:39 am

I'm really over cities.
Worse, I was trying to get home. On my way home after a stressful day, I just want to get home with ease.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Also.. Its the event day. 80 Appts total. 20 from just me. 8 salesmen, and 2 managers had been making calls the past two days. I also printed all the Carfax's and trade info ahead of time to make each visit efficient, all organized into folders at the interview desk.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:55 am
Apex wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:39 am

Worse, I was trying to get home. On my way home after a stressful day, I just want to get home with ease.
Apex

datgrundle wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:55 am Also.. Its the event day. 80 Appts total. 20 from just me. 8 salesmen, and 2 managers had been making calls the past two days. I also printed all the Carfax's and trade info ahead of time to make each visit efficient, all organized into folders at the interview desk.
Sooooo, 25% of the volume is solely from Grundie? And 10 other people are bitches?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

datgrundle wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:55 am Also.. Its the event day. 80 Appts total. 20 from just me. 8 salesmen, and 2 managers had been making calls the past two days. I also printed all the Carfax's and trade info ahead of time to make each visit efficient, all organized into folders at the interview desk.
I just hope you have enough balloons
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:58 am
Wacky wavy inflatable tube man!
Johnny_P

I'm really over cities.
lol. That racing/blocking/brakecheck happens more to me in the burbs. Especially when a lane is ending or something. But yes people like this blow. This is why I hardly ever blow the horn and generally stay in the right lane on multi-lane roads. Avoids a lot of this horseshit.

Yesterday I was coming home from work, pull up to a stop sign and let lady and her kid cross. My turn to go, so I start to accelerate, and dudebro on the cross street straight up blows the stop sign. I slam the brakes and honk, he looks at me and waves his hand like brushing me off. That mentality is what I can't stand when I'm out walking the dog.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:59 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:58 am

I think 1 tube man is worth like 20 balloons. Outside only doe, you still gotta have balloons in the showroom.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:03 am
Apex wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:59 am

I think 1 tube man is worth like 20 balloons. Outside only doe, you still gotta have balloons in the showroom.
And giant bows for the cars.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:09 am
Apex wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:08 am

And giant bows for the cars.
Don’t forget the grill with meats.
Oh yes this is necessary as well. Hot dogs and burgers and bins of sodas. Maybe some potato salad for the white people, and curry chicken for the :amir:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:02 am

I'm really over cities.
lol. That racing/blocking/brakecheck happens more to me in the burbs. Especially when a lane is ending or something. But yes people like this blow. This is why I hardly ever blow the horn and generally stay in the right lane on multi-lane roads. Avoids a lot of this horseshit.

Yesterday I was coming home from work, pull up to a stop sign and let lady and her kid cross. My turn to go, so I start to accelerate, and dudebro on the cross street straight up blows the stop sign. I slam the brakes and honk, he looks at me and waves his hand like brushing me off. That mentality is what I can't stand when I'm out walking the dog.
I have no idea how you stand living in the city.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

What an asshole.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:hai: folks.

First day of summer. Longest day of the year. It's gonna rain all day and night today so we won't actually see any sun during the 15+ hours that it'll be up today. :disgust:
wap

I'm really over cities.
I've got one from yesterday's drive home.

My commute crosses train tracks about 50 yards before a stop light, so when the light turns red the usual MO is to stop at the RR crossing first to make sure that the cars ahead of you at the red light have left enough room behind them so you can safely cross the tracks instead of crossing immediately and risk being stopped ON the tracks.
So yesterday the light turns red and I'm the first one at the RR Xing so I stop to let the cars bunch up at the red. The INSTANT I stop the :jackass: behind me starts beeping to get me to move. I look at him in my mirror and raise my hands in a :wtf: gesture, which he promptly returns. I wait a bit more until the cars ahead are stopped at the red and see that there is one more space left so I snicker and cross the tracks and pull ahead. So I am the last car at the red light. Another car will have their :datass: hanging out over the tracks. What does :jackass: do? He immediately follows me then at the last second realizes there is no more room for him so he suddenly veers over into the next lane and takes up room over there, cutting off the car in that lane who should have been in that space. :rolleyes: I was really hoping the gates started coming down so he'd :poop: his pants.
wap

datgrundle wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:49 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:33 pm

Most people don’t know about Conway? Dang.
I guess we need to make him DFD famous eh?

For those not previously informed he is :dillerman: personified.
In4Conwaystories.
:popcorn:
wap

:impressive:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:57 am
Sooooo, 25% of the volume is solely from Grundie? And 10 other people are bitches?
All the guys worked their asses off for appointments, I won't down them. I feel I should be paid more though.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:57 am
wap wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:43 am

In4Conwaystories.
:popcorn:
Some say he’s shaped like a human liberty bell. And some say that deflect all of his frustrations onto those around him. All we know, is that he’s called... Conway Shitty.
:notbad:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:28 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:02 am

I have no idea how you stand living in the city.
Shitty drivers exist everywhere. Not like leaving the city gets you away from that :notsure: Most of the time I get home without an incident.
But other aspects of the city, yes I am totally over. I'd love to move to a place with some land and seclusion. That would mean giving up some other things though. IDK. Whatever. :whocares: