OT 14: No Luck for Old Men

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:44 am
datgrundle wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:32 am

I'm really missing Z. The dude dives in and works hard & works honestly. It is really hard to keep motivated when the rest of the team acts like children about getting stuff done. I don't even have the authority to fire the slackers, which is what I want to do.
Miss you too dude. Just couldn't take the dynamic duo of Conway Shitty and Johnny Blewno. Soul destroyer extraordinaires.
Can't blame ya there. Bluto is gone and there is so much malcontent for the Conway I can't imagine that will be long. I'm suffering in the meantime but whateves..
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Tickets were sold out for that interactive art exhibit thing Wonder Spaces this past weekend. July tickets just went on sale yesterday, so I grabbed some for the 1st. Should be cool.
SAWCE

Aaannnd it's time for the second meal of the day. 9oz chicken with a tablespoon of olive oil poured over it.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

datgrundle wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:25 pm
:notbad:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:34 pm
datgrundle wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:06 pm

Can't blame ya there. Bluto is gone and there is so much malcontent for the Conway I can't imagine that will be long. I'm suffering in the meantime but whateves..
I don't understand how he's managed to hang in that long.
:iono:

I know I have a time limit for how much shit I can deal with here before I quit or hang myself. Jen just quit her HS teaching job so I'm the only income until she finds other work. Not a good state of affairs for the Grundle household.
SAWCE

Michelle just got an interview with Sharp hospitals out here. Really hope it works out for her. Her job at the county is actually soul crushing, plus working at Sharp she'd get licensed, which would set her up nicely for the future.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:55 am

I'm really missing Z. The dude dives in and works hard & works honestly. It is really hard to keep motivated when the rest of the team acts like children about getting stuff done. I don't even have the authority to fire the slackers, which is what I want to do.
I don't doubt that for a second. People not getting fired when they need to be is incredibly aggravating.
It's the car business, doe.

In the end, when ALL of the sales monkeys can't deliver on scheduling appointments it'll be grundle that is hung out to dry... because it's easier to make an example out of one person over an entire department that sucks.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:48 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:55 am

I don't doubt that for a second. People not getting fired when they need to be is incredibly aggravating.
It's the car business, doe.

In the end, when ALL of the sales monkeys can't deliver on scheduling appointments it'll be grundle that is hung out to dry... because it's easier to make an example out of one person over an entire department that sucks.
Fortunately for me I'm not their direct manager in the company directory. And the BDC here is the one place that is running above expectation despite all the challenges on the floor.
SAWCE

So.. the dude I was complaining about on Monday who was bragging about not missing a single World Cup game over the weekend..

He just helped me write a macro for Excel to merge some data out of different cells... now he's going around to everybody telling them that he "just rewrote Excel's framework".. :stfu: you wrote a macro, you didn't reprogram the whole fucking machine.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:42 pm So.. the dude I was complaining about on Monday who was bragging about not missing a single World Cup game over the weekend..

He just helped me write a macro for Excel to merge some data out of different cells... now he's going around to everybody telling them that he "just rewrote Excel's framework".. :stfu: you wrote a macro, you didn't reprogram the whole fucking machine.
:rolleyes:

What a :jackass:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:42 pm So.. the dude I was complaining about on Monday who was bragging about not missing a single World Cup game over the weekend..

Good, let him brag. He'll be the office excel guru. And get constant tech support style questions like "how do I make this cell blue" and "I can't make it do the A + B thing HALP"

My buddy wanted to jump off a bridge after the office learned he was very proficient in excel. A quarter of his day was fixing other people's broken spreadsheets.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Good, let him brag. He'll be the office excel guru. And get constant tech support style questions like "how do I make this cell blue" and "I can't make it do the A + B thing HALP"

My buddy wanted to jump off a bridge after the office learned he was very proficient in excel. A quarter of his day was fixing other people's broken spreadsheets.
You're spot on. Our boss makes him sit in his office for an hour a day teaching him how to Excel, and then this dude often has to stay late to finish the work that he couldn't do during that hour. He hates it, I love it. :popcorn:
SAWCE

Phone screen done. They're gonna email me a time and date for a real interview. :fuckyeah:
SAWCE

I'll have to lay off smoking at night for a while since they'll drug test for sure if I get an offer.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote:I'll have to lay off smoking at night for a while since they'll drug test for sure if I get an offer.
:thanksobama:
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:26 pm
SAWCE wrote:I'll have to lay off smoking at night for a while since they'll drug test for sure if I get an offer.
:thanksobama:
:word:

I guess I'll try stuff like melatonin, chamomile teas, and furious masturbation in the meantime.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:25 pm I'll have to lay off smoking at night for a while since they'll drug test for sure if I get an offer.
Wait, isn’t it legal in commiefornia now?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:30 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:25 pm I'll have to lay off smoking at night for a while since they'll drug test for sure if I get an offer.
Yes, but with Northrop essentially being a .gov contractor they're still able to do mandated testing.. I'm not actually sure how that works.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:26 pm :thanksobama:

I guess I'll try stuff like melatonin, chamomile teas, and furious masturbation in the meantime.
Booze often works for me.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:32 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Yes, but with Northrop essentially being a .gov contractor they're still able to do mandated testing.. I'm not actually sure how that works.
:thankstrump:

My friend when to SF couple months back, he was :mindblown: that even moms smoke in front of kids :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:44 am

Miss you too dude. Just couldn't take the dynamic duo of Conway Shitty and Johnny Blewno. Soul destroyer extraordinaires.
Impressive 70's Country Music reference.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:29 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:26 pm :thanksobama:

:impressive:
SAWCE

Just did some reading, sound like just because it's legal in your state doesn't exempt you from being fired or denied a job if you test positive for it. Not sure if that's because it's still illegal at the federal level or what.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:34 pm
SAWCE wrote:

Booze often works for me.
I can't drink. I don't care for it much either.