:thanksobama:

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:34 pm :thanksobama:

:thisisfine:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

You should have bought a truck, instead of buying a "sports car" built in a city visited by the Little Boy.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:30 pm

You should have bought a truck, instead of buying a "sports car" built in a city visited by the Little Boy.
:nuke:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I sent this to my co worker... and he said... "Miata" ? :(

He drives a mazda 3 btw :derp:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:34 pm I sent this to my co worker... and he said... "Miata" ? :(

:disappoint:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Luckily that was the high water mark after a brief storm, no floodrolla here.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:34 pm I sent this to my co worker... and he said... "Miata" ? :(

He needs to get his eye checked, it obviously doesnt look like a convertible, and miatas are known to have soft top
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:38 pm Luckily that was the high water mark after a brief storm, no floodrolla here.
Very lucky. Id look for high ground near places you typically park. Have a plan ready for the next flood.
Gunkata
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver
Drives: Balls

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:46 am
Gunkata wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:29 am

<3

def want to read up on this thread. I probably wont do an autox till July at this point, this year in my friend's 2018 WRX. funz.
2018 WRX performance pack is the best car for DS right now, they work really well with a big rear sway bar.
that's funny, that's exactly what his car is.. a PP with Recaros. :like:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:27 pm

Might I suggest some floaties?
dat mazda 3 front end swap :doe:
troyguitar

Well, I think I've settled on a plan for 2019. If SCCA throws the ND2 Miata into CS against me then I move up to STX with the :wankel:

Feal 441 coilovers, Enkei PF01SS 17x9 +60, Bridgestone RE71R 255/40/17, re-align car, run it. A little under $2k more than just buying another set of tires and staying in CS, or cheaper than any possible :plac: maneuver.

This stupid thing is too good to ditch so quickly, and it'll only be better in STX trim.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:42 pm Well, I think I've settled on a plan for 2019. If SCCA throws the ND2 Miata into CS against me then I move up to STX with the :wankel:

Feal 441 coilovers, Enkei PF01SS 17x9 +60, Bridgestone RE71R 255/40/17, re-align car, run it. A little under $2k more than just buying another set of tires and staying in CS, or cheaper than any possible :plac: maneuver.

This stupid thing is too good to ditch so quickly, and it'll only be better in STX trim.
That thing's gonna shred in STX. I got forced into STX with my 08 Gti because of the coilovers and holy shit, an RX8 ripped me a new asshole. I sucked at autocross tho and thought my teenage Gran Turismo skills would transfer, but LULZ... Nope. I think he had my by like 8 seconds on a 50 second course.
troyguitar

Haha, the downside to STX is that the FRZ gains more than the RX8 does when prepped for it. They're about 200 lbs lighter with a shorter wheelbase and roughly identical power and gearing after doing intake+header+tune. I think it's close enough to be worthwhile though, especially since I like my car. Another C5 would be :fullretard: and I don't really have time to wrench on a kart, even though I really fucking want another shifter kart...

If we move to Phoenix then the kart might become the answer, but anywhere else I'm sticking to the :wankel:
Barnes93cb

Do you have any resources for determining classes? I’m sure with my car I’m well into some modified classes.

But I would love to understand the differences between all of this.

Btw I like your decision to keep the rx8 longer.
Barnes93cb

Good to know ill be SMC (aka not competitive in my class) my first time out.

Troy what are your big pointers?
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:35 pm Good to know ill be SMC (aka not competitive in my class) my first time out.

Go out and has you some funs. That's the major pointer you need to know!
Oh and shit talk like me on Facebook to stir the pot
Barnes93cb

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:10 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:35 pm Good to know ill be SMC (aka not competitive in my class) my first time out.

Go out and has you some funs. That's the major pointer you need to know!
Fun is a given. Ill be out there to have a blast. I was more so looking for driving and prep advices from those who are much more experienced than I.
troyguitar

Barnes93cb wrote:
Acid666 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:10 pm Go out and has you some funs. That's the major pointer you need to know!
Fun is a given. Ill be out there to have a blast. I was more so looking for driving and prep advices from those who are much more experienced than I.
Get your car reliable and cheap-ish to run, then go to as many events as you possibly can. It'll be a long time before it's worth putting money into making the car faster instead of making the driver faster.

Do get someone fast to drive your car once in awhile (usually at a school) to show you what's possible, that's the best motivation I ever found.
Barnes93cb

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:25 pm
Barnes93cb wrote:
Get your car reliable and cheap-ish to run, then go to as many events as you possibly can. It'll be a long time before it's worth putting money into making the car faster instead of making the driver faster.

Do get someone fast to drive your car once in awhile (usually at a school) to show you what's possible, that's the best motivation I ever found.
Well its a turbo miata...

Im working on making the car as reliable as possible given the modifications. Seat time is the plan once im back stateside. What kinds of schools are you talking about? Like a HPDE driving school? Or one of the starting line classes for SCCA? I have no issues letting others drive the car. Id love to see what you or some of the others here could do behind the wheel.

Troy, do you have any plans to run in TX at all?
troyguitar

Barnes93cb wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:25 pm Get your car reliable and cheap-ish to run, then go to as many events as you possibly can. It'll be a long time before it's worth putting money into making the car faster instead of making the driver faster.

Im working on making the car as reliable as possible given the modifications. Seat time is the plan once im back stateside. What kinds of schools are you talking about? Like a HPDE driving school? Or one of the starting line classes for SCCA? I have no issues letting others drive the car. Id love to see what you or some of the others here could do behind the wheel.

Autox schools like the SCCA Starting Line are good. Individual SCCA regions usually have a local school once or twice a year too, just check with the local club wherever you end up. TX is big and far from everything so I don't know that I'll ever be down there.
Barnes93cb

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:43 am
Barnes93cb wrote:

Autox schools like the SCCA Starting Line are good. Individual SCCA regions usually have a local school once or twice a year too, just check with the local club wherever you end up. TX is big and far from everything so I don't know that I'll ever be down there.
Yeah its massive. I was looking and it seems like my closest autox is going to be 2 hours away.
troyguitar

I drove like crap again this week in Bristol, but it was still fun. I ended up down in like 10th of 15 in CS for both events. It's been a long summer already, I'm exhausted. Luckily there are no more out of town events on my schedule until Labor day.

All 3 courses involved spending a lot of time on the rev limiter in 2nd, but not quite enough to be worth shifting up and down. It's got me really thinking about moving up to STX for next year so I can bump the limit up. That's :waxer: :doe:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:03 pm I drove like crap again this week in Bristol, but it was still fun. I ended up down in like 10th of 15 in CS for both events. It's been a long summer already, I'm exhausted. Luckily there are no more out of town events on my schedule until Labor day.

All 3 courses involved spending a lot of time on the rev limiter in 2nd, but not quite enough to be worth shifting up and down. It's got me really thinking about moving up to STX for next year so I can bump the limit up. That's :waxer: :doe:
:doit:

I'll be running the E30 in STX.
That class is ruled by the twins doe, properly set-up, they're fucking fast through the cones.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Pfft.

Child's play.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.