Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Calvinball wrote:
wap wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:10 pm

:(
Dude. Hope she gets better soon. Same problem as before?
Calvinball wrote:
4 month old Grant is starting to crawl, so that’s crazy.

We are missing it because we’ve been in the ICU with Auds for a couple days. Going to be here for more.

Weekend could be better.

Sent from the Beer Depository
Oh dude, it definitely can be better for you! What's going on with her? Jogging my memory, i feel like I caught a small glimpse of a bigger story. Some kind of meds allergy or something. Is this related? You guys got family at home with Grant? Fingers crossed.

Yeah family has been rotating with the G-Man.

Same thing as last time but worse. She had a fever for a couple days that was controlled with Tylenol/Motrin, acting normal just a little tired. Then she woke up Friday and was inconsolable. After a couple hours we were about to head to the pediatrician and she was basically non-responsive, so ER instead.

A couple days and a whole lot of tests later, she did have some sort of infection and ended up with inflammation in various areas of her brain, with a couple small bleeds. She didn’t seem to be able to move her left arm and leg. Hard to tell if speech, senses, memory, etc are impacted at this point.

They are thinking it may be some sort of mitochondrial disease/disorder. She had a second round of sample collection yesterday; blood, urine, cerebro-spinal fluid. We’re waiting on results of new tests with all that to narrow things down. Currently getting heavy duty steroids for the brain inflammation, antibiotics, some supplements that may be helpful with these types of conditions, Tylenol, and being fed through a tube.

A couple small improvements today; she’s had some time conscious where she wasn’t just crying, and at one point when she was upset she did move her left arm a few times lifting her hand from down at her side to on her chest.

Keep the content going here guys, I need some entertainment I can fall back on.

No words. Fuck.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Ok some, firstly that is my worst case scenario. My kids hold the biggest piece of my heart... being in your shoes would destroy me. Secondly my thoughts and prayers for your little one.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So i am :poop: and posting and I just heard my 3 yr old tumble down the stairs. Mom does her usual max drama panic alarm yelp but it seems quiet out there. I don't think its bad or she'd be in here yelling at me to do something.

The :poop: commences.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Hope everything turns around for the little one Cballz! I don’t want to imagine what going through that is like.

Sending mah :wub: your way.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:22 pm So i am :poop: and posting and I just heard my 3 yr old tumble down the stairs. Mom does her usual max drama panic alarm yelp but it seems quiet out there. I don't think its bad or she'd be in here yelling at me to do something.

Max drama, you say?

:pftch:
:dat: :tits: behavior. :hue:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Calvinball wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:56 pm
Tarspin wrote:Also, :hai: folks, hope everyone is having a great w/e!
4 month old Grant is starting to crawl, so that’s crazy.

We are missing it because we’ve been in the ICU with Auds for a couple days. Going to be here for more.

Weekend could be better.

Well, the 20 minute flight delay I was going to complain about isn't shit.

Hope everything is okay man.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:18 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:22 pm So i am :poop: and posting and I just heard my 3 yr old tumble down the stairs. Mom does her usual max drama panic alarm yelp but it seems quiet out there. I don't think its bad or she'd be in here yelling at me to do something.

Max drama, you say?

:pftch:
:225:
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:55 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:49 pm

OK. Hey :wap: don't forget to post pics :camera:
:notsure:
:lol:
Tomorrow. Remind me tomorrow.
:dat:
Johnny_P

Calvinball wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:52 amYeah family has been rotating with the G-Man.

Same thing as last time but worse. She had a fever for a couple days that was controlled with Tylenol/Motrin, acting normal just a little tired. Then she woke up Friday and was inconsolable. After a couple hours we were about to head to the pediatrician and she was basically non-responsive, so ER instead.

A couple days and a whole lot of tests later, she did have some sort of infection and ended up with inflammation in various areas of her brain, with a couple small bleeds. She didn’t seem to be able to move her left arm and leg. Hard to tell if speech, senses, memory, etc are impacted at this point.

They are thinking it may be some sort of mitochondrial disease/disorder. She had a second round of sample collection yesterday; blood, urine, cerebro-spinal fluid. We’re waiting on results of new tests with all that to narrow things down. Currently getting heavy duty steroids for the brain inflammation, antibiotics, some supplements that may be helpful with these types of conditions, Tylenol, and being fed through a tube.

A couple small improvements today; she’s had some time conscious where she wasn’t just crying, and at one point when she was upset she did move her left arm a few times lifting her hand from down at her side to on her chest.

We love you dude. This sounds impossibly hard.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:04 pm
wap wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:55 pm

:notsure:
:lol:
Tomorrow. Remind me tomorrow.
Done. In the travel thread, as you know. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Johnny_P wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:52 amYeah family has been rotating with the G-Man.

I’m kinda hanging by a thread. I’m optimistic by nature, and I also generally am not rattled by anything.

I’m not doing so great though.

:therapist:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 pm
Calvinball wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:52 pm

I’m kinda hanging by a thread. I’m optimistic by nature, and I also generally am not rattled by anything.

You’ve got this dude. Just let any of us know if you need anything.
Hang in there, for her. You all will be ok.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

About 45 minutes from landing in Kauai. It is 12:16am my time and I went to bed at 2am and got up at 6 this morning. Long day is long. At least this plane is brand new and nice. Can't wait to land and get to the house we rented....I need a bed.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:18 am About 45 minutes from landing in Kauai. It is 12:16am my time and I went to bed at 2am and got up at 6 this morning. Long day is long. At least this plane is brand new and nice. Can't wait to land and get to the house we rented....I need a bed.
in4pics and stories.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Calvinball wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:52 pm
Johnny_P wrote:

No idea what to say to you so I'll just say I'm thinking about you and your family.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Hope things are better today CBallz
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Trade show starts tomorrow. I'm the local rep for our company as well as a tech support guy for the equipment. It's a nice change of pace for me.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Hey everyone.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

:howdy:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote:
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:01 pm

I have to go on vacation with the gf's family next month :disgust: ... but oh well. Just gotta try to make the best of it.

Hope you feel better man, Seattle is great. There's awesome hiking in the area, tons of good places to grab beer, great weather, good food. I spent a weekend there alone back in March when I got stuck there, it was actually really fun. Get some brews, rent one of those shitty Lime/Oro bikes and just ride around and soak it in, that's what I did and enjoyed. I'm sure there's awesome mountain biking in the area as well, never tried renting a bike and all that.
I think I might skip the mountain bike rental, I can ride bikes at home. Maybe rent a drop top and go on a mountain driving adventure? Or rent a SUV and explore some gravel roads.

Found out I can tour the Boeing factory :notbad:
And other city tours for like $20 to see the underground part :notbad:
Beers sound :notbad:
And I don't mind the bike share thing, we have that in Philly and it's :notbad: way to get around. Weather will be :fuckyeah: while we are there so ynot?
There's a ton of great hiking nearby. Rainier is seriously :fuckyeah: and unlike anywhere else I've seen. Grab something fun on Turo and head down there maybe? I got a shitty 328i in Seattle for like $30/day.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:44 am
Johnny_P wrote:
I think I might skip the mountain bike rental, I can ride bikes at home. Maybe rent a drop top and go on a mountain driving adventure? Or rent a SUV and explore some gravel roads.

Found out I can tour the Boeing factory :notbad:
And other city tours for like $20 to see the underground part :notbad:
Beers sound :notbad:
And I don't mind the bike share thing, we have that in Philly and it's :notbad: way to get around. Weather will be :fuckyeah: while we are there so ynot?
There's a ton of great hiking nearby. Rainier is seriously :fuckyeah: and unlike anywhere else I've seen. Grab something fun on Turo and head down there maybe? I got a shitty 328i in Seattle for like $30/day.
Rented an SUV so I can explore some gravel roads. Did Rainier last trip, so I'll try and explore some of the Cascades this time.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:56 pm 4 month old Grant is starting to crawl, so that’s crazy.

Weekend could be better.

Well, the 20 minute flight delay I was going to complain about isn't shit.

Hope everything is okay man.

I got stuck overnight and home 18 hours late after two Bang Bus tire blowouts Friday... But really no big deal when you think about it.

Thoughts and prayers with Will and his family today, hoping she has a speedy recovery!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote:So i am :poop: and posting and I just heard my 3 yr old tumble down the stairs. Mom does her usual max drama panic alarm yelp but it seems quiet out there. I don't think its bad or she'd be in here yelling at me to do something.

I :lolol:

Do your boys ever bust in whilst you're trying to :poop: ? That's something I don't look forward to if I ever have :baby: .
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:44 am There's a ton of great hiking nearby. Rainier is seriously :fuckyeah: and unlike anywhere else I've seen. Grab something fun on Turo and head down there maybe? I got a shitty 328i in Seattle for like $30/day.
Rented an SUV so I can explore some gravel roads. Did Rainier last trip, so I'll try and explore some of the Cascades this time.
:fuckyeah:

A little far but North Cascades National Park is :tits:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote:
Tarspin wrote:So i am :poop: and posting and I just heard my 3 yr old tumble down the stairs. Mom does her usual max drama panic alarm yelp but it seems quiet out there. I don't think its bad or she'd be in here yelling at me to do something.

I Imageol:

Do your boys ever bust in whilst you're trying to :poop: ? That's something I don't look forward to if I ever have :baby: .
Always lol! The little one's like "daddy you go poo poo?"

Yeah buddy. You wanna go see mama?