Office shit that makes you :rage:

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Most of us work in corporate environments. Office rage is real. Even as a small business owner, I’ve realized I have contributions.

Starting this thread as a venting outlet for that MF’r that talks on speakerphone, leaves the coffee pot with half a cup, or cuts a donut in half in the break room and leaves the rest. After everyone knows you fingered the shit out of it to cut it in half.

My current rage:

Lunch orders. We frequently take lunch order for our bridal parties so we can get them fed on wedding days from local joints (usually Panera) but this applies to anyone tasked with this headache.

When you have to collect multiples and most everyone is easy.

“Strawberry salad, water.”
“Turkey sandwhich, water.”
“Caesar salad, water.”

Then you get the one fucking bitch that is:
“Strawberry salad, no strawberries. Avocado sandwhich, add caviar, no onions, extra ranch. Mango smoothie and a chocolate chip cookie.”

:rage: :rage: :rage:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Moldy / falling ceiling tiles
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I don't office... probably my favorite part about my job.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Sno wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:26 am Most of us work in corporate environments. Office rage is real. Even as a small business owner, I’ve realized I have contributions.

Starting this thread as a venting outlet for that MF’r that talks on speakerphone, leaves the coffee pot with half a cup, or cuts a donut in half in the break room and leaves the rest. After everyone knows you fingered the shit out of it to cut it in half.

My current rage:

Lunch orders. We frequently take lunch order for our bridal parties so we can get them fed on wedding days from local joints (usually Panera) but this applies to anyone tasked with this headache.

“Caesar salad, water.”

“Strawberry salad, no strawberries. Avocado sandwhich, add caviar, no onions, extra ranch. Mango smoothie and a chocolate chip cookie.”

Agreed 100%. When ordering as a group I often duplicate the same thing as another person to simplify the run.. More people getting food together the longer and messier it gets.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Don't even get me started on my creepy new co-worker. Tomorrow will mark the end of his 15th week and he still hasn't spoken to anyone.

Although the other day he tried to undercut his own team member to look good on an email with the higher ups. Rather than turn around and ask the dude who's been working on it for months, he jumps right on the email chain to try and show off.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Microwaving anything fish. Fuck you.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:40 am This might be a more "work" complaint but... People who assume I'm not working because I'm not in the office. Business travel is most decidedly not a vacation.
I used to have the opposite - That if I'm not travelling then I'm not working.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Walking 4-wide down a narrow path/hall and not getting out of the way of someone coming the opposite direction.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

We hired a guy that's long been gone, but he said he had 3d experience and it turns out it was basically just autocad experience. He was 2 offices away from me and I dubbed him "WhisperScream". He'd have whole conversations with himself screaming in a whisper at his computer because he'd get super frustrated that Solidworks wasn't doing what he needed. I had video put I can't find it. Imagine a 400 pound grown man air guitaring but in fight gestures at a monitor like a rabid monkey, yelling shit like "WHY WON'T YOU MATE HERE WHEN I CLICK IT!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?! YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!"
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Dumb people
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:23 am We hired a guy that's long been gone, but he said he had 3d experience and it turns out it was basically just autocad experience. He was 2 offices away from me and I dubbed him "WhisperScream". He'd have whole conversations with himself screaming in a whisper at his computer because he'd get super frustrated that Solidworks wasn't doing what he needed. I had video put I can't find it. Imagine a 400 pound grown man air guitaring but in fight gestures at a monitor like a rabid monkey, yelling shit like "WHY WON'T YOU MATE HERE WHEN I CLICK IT!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?! YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!"
You're lucky to be alive
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:01 am I don't office... probably my favorite part about my job.
:dat: now that ive been working at home since December
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Sno wrote:Most of us work in corporate environments. Office rage is real. Even as a small business owner, I’ve realized I have contributions.

My current rage:

“Caesar salad, water.”

When i take large orders the custom nitpicky fuckers almost always receive undesired ingredients, i.e. you're getting the onions, not getting the extras. I just order the basic sandwich or whatever and say they screwed up at the restaurant then promptly change the subject.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:53 am Don't even get me started on my creepy new co-worker. Tomorrow will mark the end of his 15th week and he still hasn't spoken to anyone.

Although the other day he tried to undercut his own team member to look good on an email with the higher ups. Rather than turn around and ask the dude who's been working on it for months, he jumps right on the email chain to try and show off.

Whoa fuck that guy
Yup. He was wrong too which makes it at least tolerable.

When we have our 1 on 1's with the manager we're probably going to shit all over him. But it likely won't matter seeing as how our manager hired him and not us. If his hire doesn't work out it reflects poorly on him.

datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Lack of office supplies. Printer toner and paper is a big one for me.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

No curiosity flush.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:24 am
Acid666 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:23 am We hired a guy that's long been gone, but he said he had 3d experience and it turns out it was basically just autocad experience. He was 2 offices away from me and I dubbed him "WhisperScream". He'd have whole conversations with himself screaming in a whisper at his computer because he'd get super frustrated that Solidworks wasn't doing what he needed. I had video put I can't find it. Imagine a 400 pound grown man air guitaring but in fight gestures at a monitor like a rabid monkey, yelling shit like "WHY WON'T YOU MATE HERE WHEN I CLICK IT!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?! YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!"
You're lucky to be alive
I :lolol: at this reply.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:34 am Yup. He was wrong too which makes it at least tolerable.

When we have our 1 on 1's with the manager we're probably going to shit all over him. But it likely won't matter seeing as how our manager hired him and not us. If his hire doesn't work out it reflects poorly on him.

But if he cuts his losses fast he will be seen as a good decision maker.
True. But the managers at my company are mostly incompetent.

We were initially a team of 4 but one person left so we had an opening. We're transitioning over to a new product that we don't own but has been around for a while. The whole objective was to get someone who had experience with this third party product so they can help the three of us out as we move over.

The search didn't appear to go well so they got this guy who has no experience with the product, no bachleor's degree, and not even an associate's degree. Only his work at that really "jewish" company. I'm going to assume they low balled the shit out of his offer therefore showing how little the company actually cares about the product which has been hyped for about 4 years now.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

If a particular co-worker is a complaint. Then here’s my rant: it’s long, but still kinda mind boggled about this ordeal from time to time :lol:

So my boss, whose also happens to be where I’m from, but been living here for 30 years now. Anyway, he practically hired her because she needs work and she’s also the daughter of his grandparents friends. The family of the daughter is rich in Turkey, and also the type of rich people that are like dicks. I’m talking a brand new bmw 5
Series rich in Turkey (which is obviously a big deal).

Anyway, she started working with us, but only lasted for almost 2 months. While she may did a good job, she is just spreading negativity in the office. Like my boss asked her to get the paper from printer, and she got triggered and said “am I the office servant” or anything along the lines of “thats for people that are lower paid”. :rolleyes: . Me and some coworkers take part of dropping her off at her :waxer: apt that her parents are paying the lease of. Me (among with other coworkers) did not receive a thank you or any sort of return from her. That one night, we had dinner with her along with one of my coworkers and she pretty much complained about her social problems, said something like “i think they’re jealous of me”, she has been to college and masters in Canada, London, and so on. She blames her family for her failures, while it’s clearly her fault. Despite we ate at Rosa Mexicana (one of my fav waxer restaurants), it was a dreadful night for sure. Since my coworker and her live close to each other. I was gonna drop that girl first, but she knows where my coworker lives and asked me “why I didn’t drop her off first when we passed her place”, with an attitude. Cause I was gonna talk about her after I drop the rich brat off, duh. I acted like I didn’t notice.

Whenever she texts to hangout, she opens group chat including me, my boss and her. There’s no point of that :wtf: Anyway, the way she talks, there are some signs that she had social problems, or perhaps shes holding it in and whatnot.

At one point at work, I was at a hotel in DC because I got sent there for work. On the way back, I got a phone call saying “please ignore her if she tries to call/message you for help”, and simultaneously I got a text from her saying pick me up, etc. which I ignored. My boss kicked her our because of what she did, she was disturbing my boss while she was on the phone. My boss politely asked her one second, and she got triggered and said, “who do you think you’re talking too and stormed out”, never seen her again.

I’m pretty much boggled the fact that she’s 33ish years old, has no real job, nor work experience. Her family pays her lease, her schools, etc etc. BUT, she blames all the negatives of her life to her family. Now that was about 14 months ago.

Now, I heard she got ripped off as she was attempting to open a business. So the princess called her daddy to handle it for her. BUT, instead of staying at her apartment, she made her dad stay at the hotel across from her. She’s lucky i’m not her dad
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:45 am Two grown men squabbling over customers like children. :|
Is that an over here thing or an over there thing?
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:47 am No curiosity flush.
:rage:

Also, not flushing when you are done. Or getting piss all over the fucking place.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Bullshitting.

Don't get me wrong, I love to chat chat, but FFS.

I get in at 6, doesn't meant I need to have a sit down with the other people who get in early for 1/2 an hour daily. Then, as people roll in, I don't need a conversation that lasts 30 min every fuck morning, say hello, if someone is obviously busy (headphones in, staring at monitor when talking) then fuck off mate.

30 min before lunch, jibber jabber, got lunch for 1.5 hours, talk for another 30 min about how to eat sushi.

:dafuq:

I mean, I get not being busy, but do something, there's programs to learn, papers to tidy up. It wouldn't bother me if this was a few times a week, but it's daily. My dept. is notorious for this too, they've begun to move people across the building as a result.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

A newly minted manager deciding he not only wants to be hero status, but the only relevant player in his department. He picks up every customer call/email and instead of delegating it he spends head office/engineering time and resources to dig up answers or documentation (that his team already has) to make himself look better. His team patiently stands by while he works himself ragged. 30 to 35 hr work weeks with lots of idle time while his overtime hours are :mindblown:

At first this was really frustrating but now it's actually getting very enjoyable.
Johnny_P

:hubba:
Johnny_P

datgrundle wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:17 am
:rage:

Also, not flushing when you are done. Or getting piss all over the fucking place.
Or you’re sitting on the throne and Dude next to you rushes in and SLAMS the seat down with an ear piercing crack. Like, bruh, I know you don’t do this at home.