Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Also, in4crash then I will buy something in 2-3 years. :megusta:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:55 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:52 am Image

its like fucking 2006 never happened.
let's discuss.

The interest rate aint set in stone
LOLZ at your 4.5% increase in home values. Just fucking LOLZ
I assume monthly payment maths is copent enough

Monthly savings.... LOL @ 168 car payment
Annually..... LOL @ caribbean vacation, maybe for ONE person
LOL, if you have that kind of CC debt YOU SHOULD NOT BE BUYING A FUCKING HOUSE

over 30 years....LOL you are going to do a calculation like that and not talk about inflation or cost of money :lolol:

Hold on to your butts people
Anxiously awaiting the crash. I'd love for it to happen and hit a good low by December.
Philly is full speed ahead :fullretard: on home prices. Many houses have gained $50-100k in "value" in the last year. I have to wonder how sustainable that is. At this point, even people that make good money (relatively) can't afford to live in Philly.

Anyone know how subprime home lending is going right now?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:02 am

Anyone know how subprime home lending is going right now?
its awesome zero risk backbone of the economy etc, etc.

I should short the fuck out of some subprime mortgages.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Talks of rolling back regulations of Dodd Frank too.

:popcorn:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex

Melon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:11 am Talks of rolling back regulations of Dodd Frank too.

:fuckyeah:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:11 am Talks of rolling back regulations of Dodd Frank too.

its fucking insanity
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Really triggered by the housing thing. its INSANITY
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:21 am Really triggered by the housing thing. its INSANITY
Yeah. Its nuts right now. Housing prices are out of control. So the gov solution is to ease regulations that curb subprime lending instead of letting the market adjust itself as people get declined for mortgages that are out of their reach. Great. What could possibly go wrong?

When I was looking at houses a couple years back, I was :shock: at the amount they approved me for. Hellllllll no.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:21 am Really triggered by the housing thing. its INSANITY
Just sit tight, and be the rock that weathers the storm.

You're not buying, you're not selling.
You got in at a good time.

Popcorn?

If you're talking about the larger economic impact. Well, I got nothing, other than save as much as you can.
:doomed:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:28 am
Yeah. Its nuts right now. Housing prices are out of control. So the gov solution is to ease regulations that curb subprime lending instead of letting the market adjust itself as people get declined for mortgages that are out of their reach. Great. What could possibly go wrong?

When I was looking at houses a couple years back, I was :shock: at the amount they approved me for. Hellllllll no.
It makes zero sense. Insanity everywhere, and this isn't going to fix anything.

A coworker just accepted a field job in Montana. He said he's been looking at houses, and there's pretty much nothing worth buying under $350k. In fucking MONTANA.

:wtf: :doomed:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:28 am
Just sit tight, and be the rock that weathers the storm.

You're not buying, you're not selling.
You got in at a good time.

Popcorn?

If you're talking about the larger economic impact. Well, I got nothing, other than save as much as you can.
I am concerned about the larger impact.
Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:28 am

Yes, that. If 'the government' wanted to help with housing, they would start bringing down the hammer on the NIMBY fuckers and allow things like re zoning for more high density apts, tiny houses, garage apts, etc, etc
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

I am really glad to have bought our house 3 years ago and am happy with where we are. Things will go :fullretard: and come back down to us still breaking even. I wouldn't even consider moving for at least 5 years unless to a rental of some sort.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:54 am *snip* on landscaping improvements from house of zilor the :derp:

Glad someone fucking understands on here.

:dock:
this is :fullretard: on the level like an acquaintance of mine that repainted THE ENTIRE INTERIOR of his NEW CONSTRUCTION house BEFORE MOVING IN.

:fullretard: :fullretard: :fullretard: :fullretard: :fullretard:
:fullretard: :mindblown: :mindblown: :mindblown: :fullretard:
:fullretard: :mindblown: :plaid: :mindblown: :fullretard:
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Guy I know told me he put an offer of 187 on a house listed at 167 and didn't get it.

House sold for 110 in 2010.

Super shitty part of town.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

It's on Trump's desk.

Tweeted he is signing it today.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:34 am
Johnny_P wrote:Good call, Mario. $150 is pretty minor fee to get that corrected. I know GF's parents paid a lot more than that to get an adult sized sink installed after the fact in our house.
KYGTIGuy wrote:Looks great. And even though you disagree with the contractor, the $150 is just "bridge" maintenance, like WAP said. Especially if you like his other work and want him to do work for you in the future instead of him being "too busy" when you call.

How do you like induction?
Yeah guys fully in agreement. There's a time and place to :crang: but this wasn't it. I'm kind of surprised the guy didn't want to pick up the tab but I'm not madbro.

The induction stove is :mindblown:

Water literally goes from cold to rapid boiling in 2 minutes, food starts cooking that fast too. It is kind of peculiar because it runs fans under the cooking surface that blow vigorously on my nads when the top is on.
Moving the pots leaves a warm to the touch surface thats easy to clean because it didn't bake on any overflow.
The surface needs to stay clean, especially with sugar products. That can cause pitting from what I read in the owner's manual.

I had to take the back cover off of the stove when it was out and put rubber gasket material around the contact surfaces because the oven fan kicks in and rattles the cover, amplifying the fan noise. Way quieter now that the cover sits snuggly on rubber.
You're limited to only using conducting pots and pans with induction, correct?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:34 am Yeah guys fully in agreement. There's a time and place to :crang: but this wasn't it. I'm kind of surprised the guy didn't want to pick up the tab but I'm not madbro.

The induction stove is :mindblown:

Water literally goes from cold to rapid boiling in 2 minutes, food starts cooking that fast too. It is kind of peculiar because it runs fans under the cooking surface that blow vigorously on my nads when the top is on.
Moving the pots leaves a warm to the touch surface thats easy to clean because it didn't bake on any overflow.
The surface needs to stay clean, especially with sugar products. That can cause pitting from what I read in the owner's manual.

I had to take the back cover off of the stove when it was out and put rubber gasket material around the contact surfaces because the oven fan kicks in and rattles the cover, amplifying the fan noise. Way quieter now that the cover sits snuggly on rubber.
Anything that a magnet can stick to. My entire lagostina set works, one out of two non-stick pans that I own. I'm literally giving away two pans from my old collection. I guess it uses magetism to create a vibration/resonance in the pan. The :science: is cool!
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:32 pm Guy I know told me he put an offer of 187 on a house listed at 167 and didn't get it.

House sold for 110 in 2010.

Super shitty part of town.
:fullretard:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:23 pm
wap wrote:
Anything that a magnet can stick to. My entire lagostina set works, one out of two non-stick pans that I own. I'm literally giving away two pans from my old collection. I guess it uses magetism to create a vibration/resonance in the pan. The :science: is cool!
That's what I thought. So no aluminum or glass stuff then.

Correct on the magnetic aspect of it. It's pretty :impressive: tech.
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:17 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:54 am *snip* on landscaping improvements from house of zilor the :derp:

Glad someone fucking understands on here.

:dock:
this is :fullretard: on the level like an acquaintance of mine that repainted THE ENTIRE INTERIOR of his NEW CONSTRUCTION house BEFORE MOVING IN.

:fullretard: :mindblown: :plaid: :mindblown: :fullretard:
Why you bringing your :bs: to this thread now?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:23 pm Anything that a magnet can stick to. My entire lagostina set works, one out of two non-stick pans that I own. I'm literally giving away two pans from my old collection. I guess it uses magetism to create a vibration/resonance in the pan. The :science: is cool!

Nope. Doesn't work. Gas is probably still the best option but I don't have a line and my basement is finished already so this is the second best option.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Melon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:28 am

:dat: :doe:

so much :bruh:

:disappoint:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:45 pm
wap wrote:

Nope. Doesn't work. Gas is probably still the best option but I don't have a line and my basement is finished already so this is the second best option.
For sure. 5/7 I'd choose induction over electric if gas was not an option.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

This will keep happening as long as their is a false floor for big banks.

If the market truly was allowed to correct in 2008, I doubt this would be happening again so soon.

This is how you know most free marketers, at least those in a position to matter, don't really believe in laissez faire.

When the money is going their way, let it flow. But when the margin calls....