Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:53 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:43 am
:notsure:
There's also a town called Pretoria in Illinois
Um, it's called Peoria, IL.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:36 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:53 am

There's also a town called Pretoria in Illinois
Um, it's called Peoria, IL.
:sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Went to VWOA during lunch break. Walked into the open-to-the-public lobby, where they had 2 showrooms (one for VW and one for Audi.) $12/hour security guard greets me. I introduce myself, and let him know I am here to look at the cars. He tells me “sir I cannot allow you to do that unless you have an appointment.” So I ask him to call the corporate security point of contact so I can explain myself to them. CS guy comes down, I introduce myself, give him a business card, explain I have a VW GTI and I work down the street. “I wanted to look at some of the cars in the showroom, and I was told I wasn’t allowed unless I had an appointment” CS Guy looks at contracted security guard, then back at me, then says “why wouldn’t you be allowed? It’s an open space.” I told him “that’s what I was told”. We then talked about corporate security things for a while, exchanged information, and then he went on his way and I got to look at some nice cars.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:49 pm Went to VWOA during lunch break. Walked into the open-to-the-public lobby, where they had 2 showrooms (one for VW and one for Audi.) $12/hour security guard greets me. I introduce myself, and let him know I am here to look at the cars. He tells me “sir I cannot allow you to do that unless you have an appointment.” So I ask him to call the corporate security point of contact so I can explain myself to them. CS guy comes down, I introduce myself, give him a business card, explain I have a VW GTI and I work down the street. “I wanted to look at some of the cars in the showroom, and I was told I wasn’t allowed unless I had an appointment” CS Guy looks at contracted security guard, then back at me, then says “why wouldn’t you be allowed? It’s an open space.” I told him “that’s what I was told”. We then talked about corporate security things for a while, exchanged information, and then he went on his way and I got to look at some nice cars.
Pics?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:49 pm Went to VWOA during lunch break. Walked into the open-to-the-public lobby, where they had 2 showrooms (one for VW and one for Audi.) $12/hour security guard greets me. I introduce myself, and let him know I am here to look at the cars. He tells me “sir I cannot allow you to do that unless you have an appointment.” So I ask him to call the corporate security point of contact so I can explain myself to them. CS guy comes down, I introduce myself, give him a business card, explain I have a VW GTI and I work down the street. “I wanted to look at some of the cars in the showroom, and I was told I wasn’t allowed unless I had an appointment” CS Guy looks at contracted security guard, then back at me, then says “why wouldn’t you be allowed? It’s an open space.” I told him “that’s what I was told”. We then talked about corporate security things for a while, exchanged information, and then he went on his way and I got to look at some nice cars.
:alpo:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Dat
razr390 wrote:Went to VWOA during lunch break. Walked into the open-to-the-public lobby, where they had 2 showrooms (one for VW and one for Audi.) $12/hour security guard greets me. I introduce myself, and let him know I am here to look at the cars. He tells me “sir I cannot allow you to do that unless you have an appointment.” So I ask him to call the corporate security point of contact so I can explain myself to them. CS guy comes down, I introduce myself, give him a business card, explain I have a VW GTI and I work down the street. “I wanted to look at some of the cars in the showroom, and I was told I wasn’t allowed unless I had an appointment” CS Guy looks at contracted security guard, then back at me, then says “why wouldn’t you be allowed? It’s an open space.” I told him “that’s what I was told”. We then talked about corporate security things for a while, exchanged information, and then he went on his way and I got to look at some nice cars.
:notbad:

Any pics?
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Corporate Security guy offered to show me some of the cooler cars but I didn’t have time as I was on a 1 hour lunch. We exchanged information and I told him I’d follow up with him.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:18 am Shameless post of my GoRf as I wait by the front lobby of a client for my contact person to show up.

I'm really happy with my choice to go CR70 all around, windshield included. It fits the look of the car perfectly IMO and gives a clear but comfortable UV free view of the world even at night or during rainy/dreary mornings like today was.

This picture/lighting shows off the true tone of the tint film accurately.Image
Oh man, I do like that tint on the blue. Nice choice
Thanks man, the :tints: are 5/7 on the bloo and I recommend the transparency. When I was kid darker was better but I've gotten really fussy about dark tints on blue, green and purple cars for some reason.
razr390

Also, a LOT of different-level modifies HQ/manufacturer registered VAG cars. From an S4 with all the mods to the Atlas to everything in between. Spotted a Bentayga in the garage as well.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That green is :jimp:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I like the Arteon but I'm afraid it'll be a flop. VW is probably going to try and sell them at close to $40k. Then again, this is coming from a GoRf driver.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:Also, a LOT of different-level modifies HQ/manufacturer registered VAG cars. From an S4 with all the mods to the Atlas to everything in between. Spotted a Bentayga in the garage as well.
I sort of want to turn my wife's Touareg into an off road beast, lifted on mudders and see what it's made of.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:05 pm Image

Had to do a double take... I thought it was a grand cherokee.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:14 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:05 pm Image

Had to do a double take... I thought it was a grand cherokee.
:dat: :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:10 pm I like the Arteon but I'm afraid it'll be a flop. VW is probably going to try and sell them at close to $40k. Then again, this is coming from a GoRf driver.

The exterior is :jimp: the interior seems :disappoint:
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:12 pm
razr390 wrote:Also, a LOT of different-level modifies HQ/manufacturer registered VAG cars. From an S4 with all the mods to the Atlas to everything in between. Spotted a Bentayga in the garage as well.
I sort of want to turn my wife's Touareg into an off road beast, lifted on mudders and see what it's made of.
:doit: :pussy:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:18 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:10 pm I like the Arteon but I'm afraid it'll be a flop. VW is probably going to try and sell them at close to $40k. Then again, this is coming from a GoRf driver.

The exterior is :jimp: the interior seems :disappoint:
I felt like the interior of the arteon is way played out, overstyled
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Dat terrorist spec atlas
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Tarspin wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:07 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Oh man, I do like that tint on the blue. Nice choice
Thanks man, the :tints: are 5/7 on the bloo and I recommend the transparency. When I was kid darker was better but I've gotten really fussy about dark tints on blue, green and purple cars for some reason.
Never occurred to me to get lighter tint and it may work on different colors. I'd always only tinted my cars that were white because I only tinted super dark.

Is that tint heat blocking or just cosmetic? Need to look into this for my gray Mazda
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:07 pm Thanks man, the :tints: are 5/7 on the bloo and I recommend the transparency. When I was kid darker was better but I've gotten really fussy about dark tints on blue, green and purple cars for some reason.
Never occurred to me to get lighter tint and it may work on different colors. I'd always only tinted my cars that were white because I only tinted super dark.

Is that tint heat blocking or just cosmetic? Need to look into this for my gray Mazda
It's got the same heat repelling properties as the 30% ceramic stuff. XPEL makes it.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:27 pm Dat terrorist spec atlas
Comes with a free balaclava
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:47 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:

It's got the same heat repelling properties as the 30% ceramic stuff. XPEL makes it.
VERY interesting. I might look into this for my :truk: I've been wanting to tint the front windows, but don't want to go that dark.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:49 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:27 pm Dat terrorist spec atlas
Comes with a free Baklava
fixed.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:22 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:46 am There's a new thread on golfmk7 that rivals crangshaft.

Dude hits a deer head on and notices coolant spilled out on the ground underneath the car. He proceeds to drive the remaining 6 miles home as the car is overheating and telling him to pull over. Starts a thread asking if he damaged the car.

:fullretard:

Get that guy on DFD. He needs to be :roasted:
He wouldn't last for 2 posts.