:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:04 am A GTO with a maggie would be :jimp:
Fuuuuuuuuck dude those cars are fast as shit with a blower :fuckyeah: :doit:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:17 am
Detroit wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:04 am A GTO with a maggie would be :jimp:
Yea...need to see if I can sell the :poorvette: first. I don't have space for another car.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Davestr wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:02 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:38 pm https://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/d/ ... 79372.html

Black juan. Stored in a garage in the blessed lands by a boomer and jizz shined weekly looks like. 40k on the clock. $18k.

Dang these are reasonable.
I like them both but the day you add 5k to the red its worth 20 or less. Id offer 15 on the black one. Really smooth style those have. Nice looking performance coupe.
Yeah I like the black one too. IMO it would make a better sleeper / drag car in black. Draws less attention to itself.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:31 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:17 am

Yea...need to see if I can sell the :poorvette: first. I don't have space for another car.
I mean. It's like a more usable vette that nobody knows what it is and it looks like a Grand Prix. Better ground clearance, no scraping, will ride and soak up potholes better, useless rear seat for dog and stuff, fly under the radar, but it's got a sledgehammer of an engine.

:notbad: way to go here
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 am
Davestr wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:02 am

I like them both but the day you add 5k to the red its worth 20 or less. Id offer 15 on the black one. Really smooth style those have. Nice looking performance coupe.
Yeah I like the black one too. IMO it would make a better sleeper / drag car in black. Draws less attention to itself.
I will never own another black car. Way too difficult to keep clean. Plus, I love color. I want Red, Blue, or #1 Orange, but those are :unicorn: on all cars.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:01 am
Detroit wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:31 am
I mean. It's like a more usable vette that nobody knows what it is and it looks like a Grand Prix. Better ground clearance, no scraping, will ride and soak up potholes better, useless rear seat for dog and stuff, fly under the radar, but it's got a sledgehammer of an engine.

Well, usability is questionable. The :poorvette: has a MASSIVE hatch area. It's ridiculous how much crap you can fit back there. I really like that. GTO's don't really have a trunk because the gas tank is there, so I'm not going to fit much back there, not like I will.

Your point on ground clearance, scraping, and ride is really what gets me going. Would be a 5/7 switch. But the same could be said for a 4th gen f-body.

Mentioned selling the Vette casually to :tits: this morning, and it turns out that she really likes the :poorvette: I had no idea, but she thinks it's a bad idea to sell it. She said I should have told my boss "marry a woman that hates crotchfruit and you can have all the toys you want. A Corvette that lasts forever is cheaper than a year of worthless college.". :notbad: :fuckyeah:

Apparently, she likes that the top comes off and we can cruise Woodward and whatnot on nice nights (which we do a few times per week in the summer). She also likes taking it on road trips. I was pretty surprised, I had no idea she liked it so much. I mentioned the bad roads and she said to just stop driving it to work and we'll carpool in the truck more (we did this today). Maybe she just doesn't want me sinking into another project, but I did NOT expect that reaction. She usually says to do whatever I want.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I'd rather have a vette then a Grand Prix
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:57 am

Well, usability is questionable. The :poorvette: has a MASSIVE hatch area. It's ridiculous how much crap you can fit back there. I really like that. GTO's don't really have a trunk because the gas tank is there, so I'm not going to fit much back there, not like I will.

Your point on ground clearance, scraping, and ride is really what gets me going. Would be a 5/7 switch. But the same could be said for a 4th gen f-body.

Mentioned selling the Vette casually to :tits: this morning, and it turns out that she really likes the :poorvette: I had no idea, but she thinks it's a bad idea to sell it. She said I should have told my boss "marry a woman that hates crotchfruit and you can have all the toys you want. A Corvette that lasts forever is cheaper than a year of worthless college.". :notbad: :fuckyeah:

Apparently, she likes that the top comes off and we can cruise Woodward and whatnot on nice nights (which we do a few times per week in the summer). She also likes taking it on road trips. I was pretty surprised, I had no idea she liked it so much. I mentioned the bad roads and she said to just stop driving it to work and we'll carpool in the truck more (we did this today). Maybe she just doesn't want me sinking into another project, but I did NOT expect that reaction. She usually says to do whatever I want.
Infamous is 5/7.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:36 pm https://cnj.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2005-p ... 38156.html

2005 ellis dos CABRA con manuel and only 6,500 miles. $26k. Honestly I don't think that's horrible. It's basically a new car.

Hot damn that would be a fun car. Throw a blower on it and some coilovers. You could get 600 HP out of this rather easily.
Or you could buy a new camaro ?!
max225

What is she driving nowadays ?!
Volt is no bueno, corvette is a no go. Does the zr2 have a heated steering wheel ?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:53 am

Volt is no bueno, corvette is a no go. Does the zr2 have a heated steering wheel ?
She drives the :truk: until the Volt is fixed (picking up the bumper from the body shop tonight).

I really do not mind driving the Volt, especially with free charging at work. It's a legit :notbad: commuter. She'll keep driving the :truk: and I'll drive the Volt on days we don't carpool. We've been carpooling 2-3 days/week, so we'll probably switch between the Volt and the :truk: for that.

In the winter, she'll need to drive the Volt because of the heated steering wheel, not on the ZR2. :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:50 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:36 pm https://cnj.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2005-p ... 38156.html

2005 ellis dos CABRA con manuel and only 6,500 miles. $26k. Honestly I don't think that's horrible. It's basically a new car.

Hot damn that would be a fun car. Throw a blower on it and some coilovers. You could get 600 HP out of this rather easily.
Not a V8 new, but you can get a gen 6 V8 in the high 20's now. I'd probably rather have that than a GTO for the same price.

GTO's really seem to be too expensive, TBH. I'd probably rather have a gen 4 Camaro.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:29 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:53 am
She drives the :truk: until the Volt is fixed (picking up the bumper from the body shop tonight).

I really do not mind driving the Volt, especially with free charging at work. It's a legit :notbad: commuter. She'll keep driving the :truk: and I'll drive the Volt on days we don't carpool. We've been carpooling 2-3 days/week, so we'll probably switch between the Volt and the :truk: for that.

In the winter, she'll need to drive the Volt because of the heated steering wheel, not on the ZR2. :lolol:
She got her truk!!!!!
Sorry man ...
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:31 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:50 am
Not a V8 new, but you can get a gen 6 V8 in the high 20's now. I'd probably rather have that than a GTO for the same price.

GTO's really seem to be too expensive, TBH. I'd probably rather have a gen 4 Camaro.
They are 10k cars to me 0 draw in a gto. Overpriced AF considering the current car offerings
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:50 pm

They are 10k cars to me 0 draw in a gto. Overpriced AF considering the current car offerings
Seem to be holding value at least. I dunno. :whocares: They're cheap and in good shape what's not to like?
Johnny_P

Although for boulevard cruising and V8 hilarity I think it's kind of hard to beat the various flavors of Challenger currently available. I mean, a hellkitty would be hilariously fun in the Detroit area.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:29 pm

She got her truk!!!!!
Sorry man ...
Eh, it's by choice actually.

If both vehicles are GOING to be driven, I'm the only one with free EV charging. Seems silly to waste that. If I wanted to drive the truk, I could.

She has mentioned trading the Volt in on another :truk: which I deem :fullretard: I'm, weird, but I really don't mind the Volt at all...there's times where I actually like it quite a bit. I also may be looking at a company car in the next 9-12 mos, so I don't want to make any new car moves until that gets ironed out.
ChrisoftheNorth

Agreed. I don't value a GTO at much about $10k, personally. The fact that $10k buys a POS is kind of a non-starter.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:56 pm Although for boulevard cruising and V8 hilarity I think it's kind of hard to beat the various flavors of Challenger currently available. I mean, a hellkitty would be hilariously fun in the Detroit area.
There's no doubt in my mind that if I worked somewhere else, I'd have a Challenger Hellcat. Purple. It's perfect for this area.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Seem to be holding value at least. I dunno. :whocares: They're cheap and in good shape what's not to like?
What’s cheap about a 25k 12 year old car that was 32k new ?!
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:56 pm Although for boulevard cruising and V8 hilarity I think it's kind of hard to beat the various flavors of Challenger currently available. I mean, a hellkitty would be hilariously fun in the Detroit area.
Can’t drive a beetle to a synagogue ....
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:06 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:54 pm

$32k in 2005 is about $42k today. You're getting a RWD, V8, 400 HP monster of a car engine with a pristine interior and super low miles for the price of a Honda Civic Si. Or in the case of the black one, a Honda Civic LX.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:08 pm
Can’t drive a beetle to a synagogue ....
:ohdang:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:15 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:06 pm
$32k in 2005 is about $42k today. You're getting a RWD, V8, 400 HP monster of a car engine with a pristine interior and super low miles for the price of a Honda Civic Si. Or in the case of the black one, a Honda Civic LX.
For 49k today you can get a C7 with a warranty. Or challenger for 33k new. Sorry that car does nothing for me at that price point
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:59 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:15 pm

For 49k today you can get a C7 with a warranty. Or challenger for 33k new. Sorry that car does nothing for me at that price point
Agreed. $10 MAYBE $12k tops.