:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:24 pm https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/ ... 18215.html

6k original miles... but 25k :doe: fking mint
Yea, no interest in that. The other one has more potential.

Ideally, I'd find something that's mostly stock and well cared for with over 100k miles and multiple owners (two things I don't care about that have a major impact on value). I know the drivetrain like the back of my hand, so I can handle any mechanical things that need attention.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Don't know what planet you come from but Camaros definitely have a stigma :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:23 pm One of the rare times Max and I are on the same page.

Without getting into it because :csb: :whocares: my new boss and team is full :triggered: at the fact that I have a Corvette AND a new ZR2. It's earned me a reputation that I can't tell if it's good or bad yet, but I'm sick of a car that costs less than a new Cruze inciting so much ridiculous attention.

A 4th gen Camaro is something I've always wanted and checks every one of my boxes above. I really don't care for old cars that much and don't care at all about how people view me, as long as it's not "spoiled" or "rich" or whatever.
Hey man you said that phrase more times than getting :triggered: with me :wub:

Whoa crazy to hear that stigma about the C5, i mean at this point it isn't exactly a new car :doe: the C5 is a very "responsible" type of vehicle. The ZR2 is fancy tho... by almost anyone's standard.

I had that when I was "younger" but that was like a decade ago now... and the C5 was still kind of almost new in todays world especially considering stretch pay and your relatively elevated position. I'd think they would be more understanding. Not like you're rolling in an STS-V and a brand new Escalade.
I'm shocked by the number of people I work with that think it's new. It's :disgust: actually.

Nobody knows what C1/2/3/4/5/6/7 means...and when I say "2003" they completely forget that when they hear "Corvette" after.

And the ZR2 I'm leasing for $320/mo. It's pretty cheap, IMO. A Tahoe would cost more.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:30 pm Don't know what planet you come from but Camaros definitely have a stigma :lolol:
Not in Detroit. Camaros are respectable here oddly. And I'd rather be viewed as a :derp: than a :waxer: at this time in my life.

Boss actually said "I'll remember this at review time, I must be paying you too much". Joking, I'm sure, but still. :wtf:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:32 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Hey man you said that phrase more times than getting :triggered: with me :wub:

Whoa crazy to hear that stigma about the C5, i mean at this point it isn't exactly a new car :doe: the C5 is a very "responsible" type of vehicle. The ZR2 is fancy tho... by almost anyone's standard.

I had that when I was "younger" but that was like a decade ago now... and the C5 was still kind of almost new in todays world especially considering stretch pay and your relatively elevated position. I'd think they would be more understanding. Not like you're rolling in an STS-V and a brand new Escalade.
I'm shocked by the number of people I work with that think it's new. It's :disgust: actually.

Nobody knows what C1/2/3/4/5/6/7 means...and when I say "2003" they completely forget that when they hear "Corvette" after.

And the ZR2 I'm leasing for $320/mo. It's pretty cheap, IMO. A Tahoe would cost more.
Unfortunately, that's not helping the "Dinosaur" stigma at GM then :( . I mean I can't imagine anyone thinking a car with pop up headlights is "new". However in plain conversation without having seen the car... hearing "corvette" invokes feelings of opulence and excess in most.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:23 pm One of the rare times Max and I are on the same page.

I really give no fucks about handling anymore. The roads are straight, textured like the surface of the moon, and the nearest decent road course to me is 3 hours away. Handling is :aintcare: at this point, I'm just now coming to grips with that.

My requirements:

Fast AF in a straight line
Complaint ride over bumps (not necessarily soft)
Makes bald eagle noises
Three pedals
Somewhat modern (ellis or the like)
NO STIGMA (more below)
Cheap (relatively)

Without getting into it because :csb: :whocares: my new boss and team is full :triggered: at the fact that I have a Corvette AND a new ZR2. It's earned me a reputation that I can't tell if it's good or bad yet, but I'm sick of a car that costs less than a new Cruze inciting so much ridiculous attention.

A 4th gen Camaro is something I've always wanted and checks every one of my boxes above. I really don't care for old cars that much and don't care at all about how people view me, as long as it's not "spoiled" or "rich" or whatever.
Jesus Christ Chris. Your company, General Motors, manufactures motor vehicles for profit. If your boss and team cannot identify your Corvette as a fully depreciated Poorvette with a Silverado interior instead of an $80K C7, perhaps they are at the wrong company? The ZR2 costs less than a loaded minivan, particularly with an employee discount, and your coworkers should be privy to all of this.

Driving enthusiast GM vehicles as a GM employee. Man, what a concept. Perhaps they are all just mad because they are vicariously living through crotchfruit and going broke doing it.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Unfortunately, that's not helping the "Dinosaur" stigma at GM then :( . I mean I can't imagine anyone thinking a car with pop up headlights is "new". However in plain conversation without having seen the car... hearing "corvette" invokes feelings of opulence and excess in most.
Oh no, most people I work with are young. My boss is only 10 years older than I am, most of my team is younger than me. They just give no fucks about cars. None. It's sad.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:38 pm

I really give no fucks about handling anymore. The roads are straight, textured like the surface of the moon, and the nearest decent road course to me is 3 hours away. Handling is :aintcare: at this point, I'm just now coming to grips with that.

My requirements:

Makes bald eagle noises
Three pedals
NO STIGMA (more below)
Cheap (relatively)

Jesus Christ Chris. Your company, General Motors, manufactures motor vehicles for profit. If your boss and team cannot identify your Corvette as a fully depreciated Poorvette with a Silverado interior instead of an $80K C7, perhaps they are at the wrong company? The ZR2 costs less than a loaded minivan, particularly with an employee discount, and your coworkers should be privy to all of this.

Driving enthusiast GM vehicles as a GM employee. Man, what a concept. Perhaps they are all just mad because they are vicariously living through crotchfruit and going broke doing it.
Nobody cares about cars. They just go off what they think they know. "Corvette" = :waxer: ZR2 = Best Truck = :waxer:

This is why I want out of the automotive industry. It's really hard to care so much about something when everyone else around you doesn't. I'd rather be working on laundry detergent or something.
max225

My requirements:

Makes bald eagle noises
Three pedals
NO STIGMA (more below)
Cheap (relatively)

:dat: and not like cost of living is high in detroit... i think it should be near mandatory to not bite the hand that feeds and drive new GM cars every 3 years... the :dill: 's employees get are epic... far better than the general public
ChrisoftheNorth

I do wonder if working at FCA would be any better...they seem to get it on the Dodge and Jeep brands. :iono:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:34 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:30 pm Don't know what planet you come from but Camaros definitely have a stigma :lolol:
Not in Detroit. Camaros are respectable here oddly. And I'd rather be viewed as a :derp: than a :waxer: at this time in my life.

Boss actually said "I'll remember this at review time, I must be paying you too much". Joking, I'm sure, but still. :wtf:
I could not let this stand.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:42 pm

:dat: and not like cost of living is high in detroit... i think it should be near mandatory to not bite the hand that feeds and drive new GM cars every 3 years... the :dill: 's employees get are epic... far better than the general public
Everyone I work with drive 10+ year old Malibus that are paid off so they can afford crotchfruit and sports things and whatever. Others just shop for the cheapest possible lease on whatever is a crossover and done.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:34 pm

I did remind him that it's 15 years old and cost less than a Cruze. His reply "it's still a fucking Corvette".

:rolleyes:

Detroit Lambo :doe:
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:46 pm

I did remind him that it's 15 years old and cost less than a Cruze. His reply "it's still a fucking Corvette".

:rage:
:disgust:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So much :disappoint:
Johnny_P

:lolol:

He's just salty he can't get one because his wife won't let him and his kids make him too poor for a fun car.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:49 pm

:lolol:

He's just salty he can't get one because his wife won't let him and his kids make him too poor for a fun car.
Very possible. Allegedly he owns a 68 Camaro, :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

SO yea. Either a 4th gen Camaro or a GTO would be pretty great.
ChrisoftheNorth

4th Gen Firebird Formula would also be :notbad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:51 pm SO yea. Either a 4th gen Camaro or a GTO would be pretty great.
I would way rather have the GTO. The interior is quite superior.
max225

GTO's are 20k cars now... thanks to having been beaten to shit.
Johnny_P

Time for a sleeper. Impala SS. With a blower. Go full retard and shoot for 700 RWHP.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:53 pm GTO's are 20k cars now... thanks to having been beaten to shit.
Always liked those. Good cars.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:53 pm GTO's are 20k cars now... thanks to having been beaten to shit.
:rage:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:53 pm Time for a sleeper. Impala SS. With a blower. Go full retard and shoot for 700 RWHP.
I really want 3 pedals in a fun car, otherwise I'd consider this.