38%
:aintcare: :gaydance:
19%

Total votes: 16
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

So I decided to :wasteful: :troywax: on custom Raybans. $213. So I ordered these:

I'm pretty sure I really dig them but as always, I'm indecisive AF, so debating exchanging for these:

Any fashionistas think one option greatly outweighs the other?
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I’d personally go tortoise shell all the way around. I don’t love the different colored sides, but I also prefer a more muted style in general.
Slowbro9001
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver
Drives: 2001 Miata, 2009 Ram 1500

Get both pussy :whocares:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

No idea.

Get em now though, because if you ever have kids they will terrorize everything you own that is nice and you will likely settle for $30-40 mall stand specials anymore.

I do like both but haven't seen anyone with the grey ones yet. :notsure: if grey or just reflection/glare
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Slowbro9001 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:57 am Get both pussy :whocares:
:fuckyeah:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Bloo sides are more interesting.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I've got a pair of Oakley Juliet's which I got way back in 2005 or 2006 and still wear them.

I :wub: them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I ordered the bloo ones... have an authorized return for the first pair. I'm just going to try both on and choose in real life. Free returns :fuckyeah: .
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

costas breh
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

My favorite shades I currently have were $10 at the skate shop in the mall. I have 2 pairs of Ray Bans and meh, they continually fall off my face and aren't comfortable after an hour or so. My Oakleys were good until the top of the frames (both pair actually) cracked. My Smiths are good for cycling but I look like an alien with them on, and their lenses get scratched easily.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote:My favorite shades I currently have were $10 at the skate shop in the mall. I have 2 pairs of Ray Bans and meh, they continually fall off my face and aren't comfortable after an hour or so. My Oakleys were good until the top of the frames (both pair actually) cracked. My Smiths are good for cycling but I look like an alien with them on, and their lenses get scratched easily.
:iono:

Have owned the same pair of Raybans since 2010 successfully... All the cheap shit I've tried is junk that lasts a couple of months.

Is it :wasteful: ? Yeah. :aintcare:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:16 pm
Johnny_P wrote:My favorite shades I currently have were $10 at the skate shop in the mall. I have 2 pairs of Ray Bans and meh, they continually fall off my face and aren't comfortable after an hour or so. My Oakleys were good until the top of the frames (both pair actually) cracked. My Smiths are good for cycling but I look like an alien with them on, and their lenses get scratched easily.
:iono:

Have owned the same pair of Raybans since 2010 successfully... All the cheap shit I've tried is junk that lasts a couple of months.

Is it :wasteful: ? Yeah. :aintcare:
I have a pair of Ray Bans or Serengeti Drivers for all of our vehicles and a pair of "travel Ray Bans" I keep in the safe. Its the only way I've found to keep from losing them.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote:I wear Knockarounds. :iono:

:scrooge:

I voted :poop: sides doe.
I tried those... More expensive than Raybans when amortized.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I ordered two pair of knockarounds, perfect for me, I end up losing sunglasses before I wear them out.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Hilariously expensive plastic :poop:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:41 am I loved my Ray Bans and now have Randolph's that I love even more. American made etc. etc.
Some of those Randolph's are :notbad:

Still love mah Oakley's.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:57 am I tried those... More expensive than Raybans when amortized.
:wat:

Who buys pre-owned sunglasses anyway?

I still have my original pair of Knocks I bought in college, 8 years ago.
Not pre owned... Got new Raybans in 2010 that have lasted eight years.

I bought two pairs of Knockarounds and both fell apart in a couple months. I'm not hard on stuff either, hence the long-term shades.

The Knocks aviators, all the mirror chipped off the lenses and they looked terrible, the plastic ones just broke IIRC, it's been a few years so I don't recall exactly.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

So to me the Raybans are worth 10X the price because they last more than 10X as long. Maybe I just got unlucky with the Knockarounds.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:55 pm My favorite shades I currently have were $10 at the skate shop in the mall. I have 2 pairs of Ray Bans and meh, they continually fall off my face and aren't comfortable after an hour or so. My Oakleys were good until the top of the frames (both pair actually) cracked. My Smiths are good for cycling but I look like an alien with them on, and their lenses get scratched easily.
:dat:

I had a pair of oakley holbrocks from 2014, first part of the hinge thing was broken, which results to easily take out the side frame. Then eventually the frame got cracked. So I :troywax: to snag myself a polarized holbrocks, $180 (what I wore at meetup). I tried fake ones for super cheap. One in greece, which lasted about 7 months and looks legit real, then frame cracked. Bought some knockoff brand from amazon that looks exactly the same, except the paint started flaking a month after purchase.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:59 pm So to me the Raybans are worth 10X the price because they last more than 10X as long. Maybe I just got unlucky with the Knockarounds.
I tried the faux cheap shades and they don't even last a year. So I stuck with the "you get what you paid for", so if I had a legitimate excuse to :troywax: on real sunglasses, part of it definitely would be something that actually lasts and at the same time use it almost everyday. Hell my $180 holbrocks stays in the car unless I travel somewhere or go with someone elses car, uber, etc.

My previous pair of oakleys lasted 3.5 years, which is :notbad: considering i put them in backpacks when I fly somewhere.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

i voted for blue cause i found the brown to be :wap:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:58 pm Not pre owned... Got new Raybans in 2010 that have lasted eight years.

I bought two pairs of Knockarounds and both fell apart in a couple months. I'm not hard on stuff either, hence the long-term shades.

The Knocks aviators, all the mirror chipped off the lenses and they looked terrible, the plastic ones just broke IIRC, it's been a few years so I don't recall exactly.
Ah, I don't wear the aviator-style ones. Just the plastic classics.
Come to think of it, I really can't remember how my classics met their end, bought a pair of each. Maybe I lost those and only the aviators were bad quality. I don't tend to lose things :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:59 pm So to me the Raybans are worth 10X the price because they last more than 10X as long. Maybe I just got unlucky with the Knockarounds.
I tried the faux cheap shades and they don't even last a year. So I stuck with the "you get what you paid for", so if I had a legitimate excuse to :troywax: on real sunglasses, part of it definitely would be something that actually lasts and at the same time use it almost everyday. Hell my $180 holbrocks stays in the car unless I travel somewhere or go with someone elses car, uber, etc.

My previous pair of oakleys lasted 3.5 years, which is :notbad: considering i put them in backpacks when I fly somewhere.
:word:

Similar experiences... Amazon frames snapped in two (those were $25). I once got fake wayfarers in China Town, NYC and the paint chipped within a couple months, Knockarounds didn't last for me.

Also the higher end stuff does feel like lens clarity is better, maybe it's placebo :iono:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:53 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote:

:word:

Similar experiences... Amazon frames snapped in two (those were $25). I once got fake wayfarers in China Town, NYC and the paint chipped within a couple months, Knockarounds didn't last for me.

Also the higher end stuff does feel like lens clarity is better, maybe it's placebo :iono:
you're not wrong
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:10 pm i voted for blue cause i found the brown to be :wap:
:wat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.