Treehouse

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Just had this idea pop into my head today. My son would love it. We have a pretty good tree for a potential treehouse in the back yard.

Anyone built one or had one built?
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:29 pm Just had this idea pop into my head today. My son would love it. We have a pretty good tree for a potential treehouse in the back yard.

Build one to move in to and sell your :haus:

:haus: :plac: profit.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:29 pm Just had this idea pop into my head today. My son would love it. We have a pretty good tree for a potential treehouse in the back yard.

Built a few shitty ones, and one decent one as a kid. The decent one, we used a pulley system to hoist a giant wooden shipping crate up into a tree and then we sawed out a door and built an angled roof after taking the top of the container off. We got lucky having all that sort of stuff laying around in my buddy's backyard. His dad was a bit of a hoarder and had the most random shit back there. I showed up one day and one of the tram/shuttle things that takes people from the parking lot to the gate as Disneyland was just chilling back there. He was the original RayRay.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:01 pm

Built a few shitty ones, and one decent one as a kid. The decent one, we used a pulley system to hoist a giant wooden shipping crate up into a tree and then we sawed out a door and built an angled roof after taking the top of the container off. We got lucky having all that sort of stuff laying around in my buddy's backyard. His dad was a bit of a hoarder and had the most random shit back there. I showed up one day and one of the tram/shuttle things that takes people from the parking lot to the gate as Disneyland was just chilling back there. He was the original RayRay.
I'm glad you bring this up. I could build the MF'ing Taj Mahal and by the time my son gets old enough to appreciate it, he would already be sick of it.

Maybe i should wait and just assist him in building a shitty one he will value instead of just selfishly scratching my own itch of building a cool tree house

I'm such a great dad, and humble too.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Nope, but you'll be father of the year if you construct one of any merit.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:08 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:01 pm

I'm glad you bring this up. I could build the MF'ing Taj Mahal and by the time my son gets old enough to appreciate it, he would already be sick of it.

Maybe i should wait and just assist him in building a shitty one he will value instead of just selfishly scratching my own itch of building a cool tree house

I'd do this. I never built one with my dad, but always loved doing other little projects with him. I'm sure your kid will look back fondly on the memory of building that tree house together if you wait a few more years. He doesn't even have to be old enough to be useful during the build, but even handing you nails and hammers and you helping him knock a few in would be awesome.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:29 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:08 pm

I'd do this. I never built one with my dad, but always loved doing other little projects with him. I'm sure your kid will look back fondly on the memory of building that tree house together if you wait a few more years. He doesn't even have to be old enough to be useful during the build, but even handing you nails and hammers and you helping him knock a few in would be awesome.
I agree. I got the idea of a tree house and got excited. He's too young right now to appreciate it. I'll build a buyers house with him this weekend.

The treehouse idea will go to the back burner but I'm going to do research and look at plans.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:37 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:29 pm

I agree. I got the idea of a tree house and got excited. He's too young right now to appreciate it. I'll build a buyers house with him this weekend.

The treehouse idea will go to the back burner but I'm going to do research and look at plans.
:like:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:39 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:37 pm

That should say bird house.... fucking auto correct
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:52 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:39 pm

That should say bird house.... fucking auto correct
I figured Buyers was some poverty knock-off Legos or something.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

5/7 would follow along a treehouse build. Also always wanted one as a kid. My dad build this stand-alone house thing instead. Neat, but not in a tree.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:19 pm 5/7 would follow along a treehouse build. Also always wanted one as a kid. My dad build this stand-alone house thing instead. Neat, but not in a tree.
Stay tuned. Gonna talk to the wife and get her opinion. At the very least, I will use this thread to keep track of ideas and designs for when I do start building.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:popcorn:
Tree :haus: thread would be 5/7.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

https://www.popularmechanics.com/home/h ... treehouse/

A little extravagant, but it looks really cool. Nice classic design.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 4:55 pm:popcorn:
Agreed. Everybody like treehouses. EVERYBODY.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:21 pm https://www.popularmechanics.com/home/h ... treehouse/

WUT? I don't even see a hot tub.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:43 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:21 pm https://www.popularmechanics.com/home/h ... treehouse/

True.. it's lacking solar panels too for them to plug their gadgets and gizmos into.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:44 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:43 pm

True.. it's lacking solar panels too for them to plug their gadgets and gizmos into.
Ain't no millennial hanging out in a tree house without the Iphone. Actual use of imagination is so 1983.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:03 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:44 pm

Ain't no millennial hanging out in a tree house without the Iphone. Actual use of imagination is so 1983.
Hey now. I definitely grew up using my imagination in the '90s after being born in '88.

This new generation of kids though who are actually growing up with smartphones in their hands :disgust:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:33 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:03 pm

Hey now. I definitely grew up using my imagination in the '90s after being born in '88.

This new generation of kids though who are actually growing up with smartphones in their hands :disgust:
Yeah the precise date was not important to the overall schematic of the joke, my man. I understand I may be off a bit.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:38 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Yeah the precise date was not important to the overall schematic of the joke, my man. I understand I may be off a bit.
:wrong:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Make sure it has a USB power outlet or two. Otherwise it'll never get used.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:19 am Make sure it has a USB power outlet or two. Otherwise it'll never get used.
And a wifi hotspot.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 1:08 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:19 am Make sure it has a USB power outlet or two. Otherwise it'll never get used.
And a wifi hotspot.
I am still :mindblown: that my :truk: has a wifi hotspot.