So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:20 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:16 pm

I showed wifey that receipt and I got :shock: in return. :lol:
You want to know :shock: ? My wife was with me and actually talked me into buying the Reflexion bottle on top of the bottle of 25.

For a moment I had serious concerns that she was abducted and replaced with a pod person clone.
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 pm Scored tonight in Reno. Wife thinks I am insane. Might not open the Reflexion though, I believe it will increase in value over time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

:wtf: :notsure:
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:50 pm

You want to know :shock: ? My wife was with me and actually talked me into buying the Reflexion bottle on top of the bottle of 25.

For a moment I had serious concerns that she was abducted and replaced with a pod person clone.
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 pm Scored tonight in Reno. Wife thinks I am insane. Might not open the Reflexion though, I believe it will increase in value over time.

Conversation at the store in front of the locked cooler wall:

Whiskey Expert for the store: "Hey, do you want the Reflexion too?"
Me: "no, just the 25, please"
WE: "You sure, this is the last one we will get and they are kind of hard to find. I was tempted to buy it and hold it awhile and flip it, but I don't have the money to tie up for a year or two."
Me: "I don't think so, I'm not looking to flip anything, I buy it to drink it."
WE: "Yeah, I hear you, I'm pretty much the same way, but I have sold a few bottles and made good money in the past."
Wife: "He won't sell it, it's like his guns, he just keeps getting more and wont think about selling any that he already has."
WE: "Hey, at least he shows you what guns he buys, I don't show my wife those. [laughing]"
Wife: "If you're getting the 25 you might as well buy the limited one too."
Me: "No.... Well, okay, if you say so."

In the car on the way back to the hotel:

Wife: "You're f'ing crazy, that's a lot of money for alcohol."
Me: "I lost more than that gambling today"
Wife: "well, just make sure if you share that with anyone it's someone that appreciates it..."
Wife: "Don't share it with (name of a friend), he will just do shots with it and not appreciate it."
Me: "Yeah, I learned that lesson with him and Macallan 21. Never again."

My wife actually gets embarrassed when I buy some stuff. She has very simple tastes and doesn't get it. A bottle of any vodka will make her lemon drop just fine, and last her a year. Any alcohol she drinks is in a sweet concoction so you don't actually taste the booze.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:49 am
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:06 pm

I love my Ridge.
a 100 dollar fucking wallet? seriously?!?!
The man has 15 Glocks. You were expecting maybe nylon and velcro?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

My wife says the same thing about expensive booze and only sharing with friends who will appreciate it. Most of my friends just drink to :drunk: :doe: so it's all for me.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:01 pm

WE: "You sure, this is the last one we will get and they are kind of hard to find. I was tempted to buy it and hold it awhile and flip it, but I don't have the money to tie up for a year or two."
WE: "Yeah, I hear you, I'm pretty much the same way, but I have sold a few bottles and made good money in the past."
Wife: "He won't sell it, it's like his guns, he just keeps getting more and wont think about selling any that he already has."
WE: "Hey, at least he shows you what guns he buys, I don't show my wife those. [laughing]"

Wife: "well, just make sure if you share that with anyone it's someone that appreciates it..."
Wife: "Don't share it with (name of a friend), he will just do shots with it and not appreciate it."
that makes sense.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

$3500 on two bottles of liquor.

I am full :zing:

You do realize if you're ever stupid enough to divorce this woman this will be "Exhibit A" to her motion for $40K/month in alimony.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My wife actually gets embarrassed when I buy some stuff. She has very simple tastes and doesn't get it. A bottle of any vodka will make her lemon drop just fine, and last her a year. Any alcohol she drinks is in a sweet concoction so you don't actually taste the booze.
Also, lets take a look at the bolded, shall we? That's your idea of a comeback?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:13 pm $3500 on two bottles of liquor.

I am full :zing:

You do realize if you're ever stupid enough to divorce this woman this will be "Exhibit A" to her motion for $40K/month in alimony.
She's going to have to fight for a divorce, so much so that she would be willing to walk away with nothing to get rid of me. :lol:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Also, lets take a look at the bolded, shall we? That's your idea of a comeback?
It was the truth, and the only thing I could come up with at the moment. The gambling trip was her idea, along with looking at a couple houses. I would have been just as happy hanging out at home over the weekend.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

TIL why no one shares high priced booze with me

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:21 pm TIL why no one shares high priced booze with me

Come over, I will buy a bottle of Kessler and pour it into an empty Macallan bottle for you. You'll never know the difference, but might wonder why I won't drink any myself.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:lolol:

:mindblown:

I spent $100 on the Carribean Cask Balvenie. And had to be slightly impaired to even do so. And went full on whim to get it.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:26 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:21 pm TIL why no one shares high priced booze with me

Come over, I will buy a bottle of Kessler and pour it into an empty Macallan bottle for you. You'll never know the difference, but might wonder why I won't drink any myself.
Make the first one a good one, then switch my me to the Fighting Cock.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:34 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:27 pm

:lolol:

:mindblown:

I spent $100 on the Carribean Cask Balvenie. And had to be slightly impaired to even do so. And went full on whim to get it.
If you like it I can get it for $75 up here...
Was gonna say, Airboat Tax...

http://www.totalwine.com/scotch/single- ... lsrc=aw.ds
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:37 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:34 pm

If you like it I can get it for $75 up here...
Was gonna say, Airboat Tax...

http://www.totalwine.com/scotch/single- ... lsrc=aw.ds
Jesus. There is only one place that sells it here. I.knew I was at a slight premium. Plus our sales tax is 10%.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Going to take back the new drill I bought and but this combo instead. Why spend $100 when you can spend $200?! It's also the new generation tool

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:55 am Going to take back the new drill I bought and but this combo instead. Why spend $100 when you can spend $200?! It's also the new generation tool

I see that I am rubbing off on you.

Tell your wife I am sorry.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:02 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:55 am Going to take back the new drill I bought and but this combo instead. Why spend $100 when you can spend $200?! It's also the new generation tool

I see that I am rubbing off on you.

Tell your wife I am sorry.
If that extra zero at the end starts showing up, I'll give her your number. Until then, she's none the wiser.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Useless thing I bought impulsively off of Instagram just now, I present to you all this vacuum attachment!

For those days when I don't have time to tear the seats out of my car :trollface: , but still want to vacuum the strip of carpet between my seat and the kick-plate under the door.... the Dust Bro Cleaner!ImageImageImage
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:13 pm Useless thing I bought impulsively off of Instagram just now, I present to you all this vacuum attachment!

For those days when I don't have time to tear the seats out of my car :trollface: , but still want to vacuum the strip of carpet between my seat and the kick-plate under the door.... the Dust Bro Cleaner!ImageImageImage
Seriously, let me know how it works. I have one of those Dyson V8 vacs and this actually looks like it could be good.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:13 pm Useless thing I bought impulsively off of Instagram just now, I present to you all this vacuum attachment!

Seriously, let me know how it works. I have one of those Dyson V8 vacs and this actually looks like it could be good.
Yeah not bad right?! I'll send you the advert
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Bought a new fire HD 10. For 120$, you can't beat it. Wife just watches Hulu on it anyway
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

those arent bad at all but I was given the complete waxer set. That new impact is :tits:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

One of our forum members bought a Napoleon BBQ which supports our a Barrie Ontario owner so I thought it makes sense to pay it forward and get this little Weber.ImageImage
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Did yours ever show up? I haven't seen mine yet.