OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:14 pm Image
still waiting on google earth to load, eh?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:50 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:08 pm

:lolgasm:

She's actually on-board. She agrees that $500k is :fullretard:

We both want a smaller house, so this would work out fine. Small houses haven't gone crazy in our area yet.
Buy some decayed land and build a container home with a container garage.
This has actually been discussed and well received by :tits: Could be a fun solution.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Calvinball wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:56 pm Detroit was over at his house all :fuckyeah:
:dat:
I really did go :fuckyeah: IRL. I was so excited.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:05 pm Our streets are somewhat narrow, so there's only parking on one side of the street...and it just to happens to be our side. We too like it open for when guests come, but these :wap: :derp: s are insistent that they have the right to always park their van in the street. There's no reasoning with them because they claim to be within the bounds of the law or some shit. It was truly a glorious event when the van got crushed because their driveway was unscathed. If the van was parked there, it would have been fine.
Don't they? It's a public street. People park in front of my house all the time. :aintcare: Unless the car is disabled I'd have no legal recourse to get a car towed from in front of my house. Even then, the city would just come tag the car and the owner would still get another 72 hours to move it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:32 pm
:impressive: work.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Mostly over this cold finally, but I have a crazy tickle in my throat right now and still wake up with a bunch of crud in the back of my throat.. hopefully just a few more days of this shit.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:05 pm Our streets are somewhat narrow, so there's only parking on one side of the street...and it just to happens to be our side. We too like it open for when guests come, but these :wap: :derp: s are insistent that they have the right to always park their van in the street. There's no reasoning with them because they claim to be within the bounds of the law or some shit. It was truly a glorious event when the van got crushed because their driveway was unscathed. If the van was parked there, it would have been fine.
Don't they? It's a public street. People park in front of my house all the time. :aintcare: Unless the car is disabled I'd have no legal recourse to get a car towed from in front of my house. Even then, the city would just come tag the car and the owner would still get another 72 hours to move it.
Sure, but there's something called common courtesy. When they have an open driveway yet park on the street during a snow storm, the plow can't get in front of our driveway because it has to go around the parked vehicle (this is how the wife got the car towed, during a "snow emergency" you move the car or towing is immediate). Or in the fall, part of my insane property taxes goes to leaf pickup. When the van is always parked on my leaves, the trucks can't pick them up, so I end up having to bag them at the end of the year. Which is :rage:

If all houses on a given street have a driveway and a garage (like mine), street parking should be reserved only for guests and deliveries.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 pm so about 50k of :plac: profits.

no :dill:
:plac: profit would be in the $190k range. Our mortgage is at $270.

ACTUAL profit in the $50k range. Which is a solid return considering we're only out of pocket maybe $150k in interest, payments, upgrades, etc.
You'd have to subtract rent costs in that area unless you would have been living at your dad's for free Image
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

anyone needing a change of pace:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/arc ... tedStories
What if instead of tracking down sales leads or TPS reports, you're wading through a swamp, knife in hand, hunting big-ass snakes for cold hard cash?

The bigger the snake, the bigger the bounty.

The South Florida Water Management District is looking to hire 25 capable snake hunters for a 60-day pilot program aimed at removing non-native Burmese pythons from state-owned land.

Anyone lucky enough to get this amazing job will be given access to python-infested lands, a minimum wage salary, and $50 for every snake killed. Also, special bonuses will be given to for any snakes brought in over 4-feet in length, and any snake nests you can destroy.

Time to freshen up your snake hunting resume.
SAWCE

dubshow wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:50 pm anyone needing a change of pace:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/arc ... tedStories
What if instead of tracking down sales leads or TPS reports, you're wading through a swamp, knife in hand, hunting big-ass snakes for cold hard cash?

The bigger the snake, the bigger the bounty.

The South Florida Water Management District is looking to hire 25 capable snake hunters for a 60-day pilot program aimed at removing non-native Burmese pythons from state-owned land.

Anyone lucky enough to get this amazing job will be given access to python-infested lands, a minimum wage salary, and $50 for every snake killed. Also, special bonuses will be given to for any snakes brought in over 4-feet in length, and any snake nests you can destroy.

Time to freshen up your snake hunting resume.
Mount some harpoon guns to the ariboat!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Getting over my stomach bug I had.

So much brown rain.

Going back to work tomorrow, much meh.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Melon wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:13 pm Getting over my stomach bug I had.

So much brown rain.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:28 pm
Melon wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:13 pm Getting over my stomach bug I had.

So much brown rain.

:dat:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:45 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:15 pm

Sure, but there's something called common courtesy. When they have an open driveway yet park on the street during a snow storm, the plow can't get in front of our driveway because it has to go around the parked vehicle (this is how the wife got the car towed, during a "snow emergency" you move the car or towing is immediate). Or in the fall, part of my insane property taxes goes to leaf pickup. When the van is always parked on my leaves, the trucks can't pick them up, so I end up having to bag them at the end of the year. Which is :rage:

If all houses on a given street have a driveway and a garage (like mine), street parking should be reserved only for guests and deliveries.
This is as close to a smite as I’ve seen. :fuckyeah: dead Previa
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

The old Land Rover doesn’t really fit in with the rest of the pics, so we’ll probably replace it with either the one I took of downtown SD, or just a walking bridge in downtown that I like.

I don’t love that two of the frames don’t have mats in them, but Michelle thinks it’s “artsy” :rolleyes:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:44 pm Image

The old Land Rover doesn’t really fit in with the rest of the pics, so we’ll probably replace it with either the one I took of downtown SD, or just a walking bridge in downtown that I like.

I don’t love that two of the frames don’t have mats in them, but Michelle thinks it’s “artsy” :rolleyes:
Nice. Checkout http://fracture.me if you want some very cool prints on glass. I've sent a few prints to them and they came back awesome. They are a bit expensive, but I think they are worth it. There are coupons for 15% off online and they run sales at times for 20% off orders.
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:53 pm
Nice. Checkout http://fracture.me if you want some very cool prints on glass. I've sent a few prints to them and they came back awesome. They are a bit expensive, but I think they are worth it. There are coupons for 15% off online and they run sales at times for 20% off orders.
Those are pretty cool. Never seen that before. This is the first time I’ve printed any of my stuff other than a canvas that I had Costco do for me. I really liked how that turned out.
razr390

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:53 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:44 pm
Fracture is great. We used them to print some cars we shot in Miami.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

ohhh aweome, time to squat and shit an engineering report. But first, more coffee
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Surprise snow storm overnight. Roads are a disaster this morning. Glad I didn't pull the snow tires from the Volt.

:triggered:
razr390

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:23 am Surprise snow storm overnight. Roads are a disaster this morning. Glad I didn't pull the snow tires from the Volt.

:triggered:
Previa doe