wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:15 pm
wap wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:06 pm

:lolol:
:fuckyeah:

So, just to orient ourselves, where is Bag End in the last pic? Is the destroyed van parked across the street in these pics?
Bag end is directly behind the last pic. It was taken at the bottom of the driveway. Destroyed van is on our side of the street...the only side where parking is allowed.
Got it.

This is such an Awesome :fuckyeah: story.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Oh, another hung we finally did this weekend..

Micjelle’s Mom got us a bunch of picture frames as part of our Christmas gift. Michelle hung them all artsy on one of our living room walls to make a little photo gallery, but we hadn’t put real pictures in them yet. A while ago we’d browsed through old photos I’d taken and she liked a bunch and wanted to get them printed for the wall. Last night we finally sat down and chose which ones to use and ordered them up from Costco. I’ll pick them up on my way home from work tonight and get them in the frames.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:19 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:12 pm Have you been inside that bungalow?

Love a good Craftsman house
There are some really cool ones in our neighborhood here.
Oh I bet. I love California Craftsmans. I almost bought one in Long Beach when I lived there, but I was going to have to stretch myself too thin for comfort. The thing is probably worth double now what it was then.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:22 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:15 pm
Bag end is directly behind the last pic. It was taken at the bottom of the driveway. Destroyed van is on our side of the street...the only side where parking is allowed.
Got it.

This is such an Awesome :fuckyeah: story.
Seriously.

We know he's just going to buy another POS van and continue to park it on the street, but the death of the Previa after so much contention felt :fuckyeah: for sure.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:24 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:19 pm

There are some really cool ones in our neighborhood here.
Oh I bet. I love California Craftsmans. I almost bought one in Long Beach when I lived there, but I was going to have to stretch myself too thin for comfort. The thing is probably worth double now what it was then.
I'm sure it is. I know real estate is just inflated in general in SD, but the ones here are stupid pricing. 3 beds, 1 bath (2 if you're lucky) under 1300 sqft, you're looking at a minimum of $650k for something that isn't completely run down.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:24 pm
I'm sure it is. I know real estate is just inflated in general in SD, but the ones here are stupid pricing. 3 beds, 1 bath (2 if you're lucky) under 1300 sqft, you're looking at a minimum of $650k for something that isn't completely run down.
Yea, which is :fullretard: IMO.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:36 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:31 pm

Which is why we would love to leave San Deigo, so we can buy something like that, but pay probably half the price in most other cities.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/379 ... me/5325220

This one isn't even that great looking, it's on the "wrong" side (east) of the 8 freeway, and it's barely 1000sqft :disgust:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

SAWCE wrote:
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:24 pm Oh I bet. I love California Craftsmans. I almost bought one in Long Beach when I lived there, but I was going to have to stretch myself too thin for comfort. The thing is probably worth double now what it was then.
Insanity. 4 br/2.5 bath 2200 sq ft here for less than half that much.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:39 pm
Which is why we would love to leave San Deigo, so we can buy something like that, but pay probably half the price in most other cities.

This one isn't even that great looking, it's on the "wrong" side (east) of the 8 freeway, and it's barely 1000sqft :disgust:
:wtf: :nope:
ChrisoftheNorth

Though, real estate in general is getting a bit out of hand IMO.

Our area is going nuts. Had some beers with my realtor buddy this weekend, he claims he could get us $500k for our house. Which, we paid $320 for 3 years ago and put about $70k into. That insanity for our area, though I told him we'd sell if he found someone stupid enough to pay $500k.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

That is insanity. This shit will not end well...... again.
brain go brrrrrr
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

the majority of homes in Portland/Vancouver are craftsman style. I love it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:56 pm Though, real estate in general is getting a bit out of hand IMO.

Our area is going nuts. Had some beers with my realtor buddy this weekend, he claims he could get us $500k for our house. Which, we paid $320 for 3 years ago and put about $70k into. That insanity for our area, though I told him we'd sell if he found someone stupid enough to pay $500k.
so about 50k of :plac: profits.

no :dill:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:56 pm

That is insanity. This shit will not end well...... again.
Yeah... waiting on the next big correction like :popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:56 pm Though, real estate in general is getting a bit out of hand IMO.

:plac: profit would be in the $190k range. Our mortgage is at $270.

ACTUAL profit in the $50k range. Which is a solid return considering we're only out of pocket maybe $150k in interest, payments, upgrades, etc.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:32 am Sweet vengeance occurred yesterday.

Background: We have a neighbor that refuses to park in their (open) driveway. Toyota Previa (supercharged) always on the street. They leave it there so the snow plow plows in our driveway. The leaf sucker can't get our leaves in the fall because it's always parked in the way, etc. Wife even called the cops on it last month during a snow storm and it got ticketed and towed. Still, in the street it sits inexplicably.

We got a terrible ice storm the night before last. Ice followed by HEAVY rain. We were enjoying our morning coffee when we heard a terrible crash. We thought it was thunder...but I knew it was more...

The best part is that the tree that fell was from THEIR HOUSE. When the city came out to remove it, I was chatting with the lead guy and he said that tress that grow from a shared base like that fall ALL the time. He said the city usually posts notices warning people to have trees like those removed. He said they probably got a notice, but clearly ignored it.

It made our day. We had an impromptu gathering on our porch with other neighbors to watch the tree removal. Everyone was celebrating the death of the van. We even popped a bottle of champagne in celebration.
I haven’t laughed at such karma in a while :lolol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:03 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 pm

ACTUAL profit in the $50k range. Which is a solid return considering we're only out of pocket maybe $150k in interest, payments, upgrades, etc.
So more like 80k after :tits: :nope: out on you for selling the house
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:07 pm

:lolol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:07 pm

:lolgasm:

She's actually on-board. She agrees that $500k is :fullretard:

We both want a smaller house, so this would work out fine. Small houses haven't gone crazy in our area yet.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

haleyann wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:57 pm

the majority of homes in Portland/Vancouver are craftsman style. I love it.
One of my favorite things about that TV show, Grim, was the beautiful Craftsman homes in Portland that everyone seemed to live in.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Detroit was over at his house all :pftch:
:therapist:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:50 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:08 pm

:lolgasm:

She's actually on-board. She agrees that $500k is :fullretard:

We both want a smaller house, so this would work out fine. Small houses haven't gone crazy in our area yet.
Buy some decayed land and build a container home with a container garage.
:dat:

Container :burnout:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

in airboat land, there is so much new construction flying up it keep the old housing prices in check. Ours was $221k in 2015. It would be a "good price" at about $240k after 3 years. only house mods were 1k in gutters, 7k in AC, .5k in HWH.So about $8500 into it. We probably could list at $250k on high side and expect around 240 in real world. A few months ago, 250k was a solid realism.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... 712?row=72
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:50 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 am

So, they like habitually park their van in front of YOUR house?

:nope:
They did until :tits: got it towed last month. They started habitually parking it in front of our neighbor two houses down, where the tree landed.

I asked them a few times to park in their driveway, they just went on about how it's their right to park in the street, they've lived there for 30 years and it's never been a problem, etc, etc.

:rolleyes:

I HATE parking my cars on the street for concern of damage. Either someone hitting the car, or more drastically a tree falling on it. All of our cars are always in the garage/driveway. All of our trees in the back are well groomed and we took out a leaner like the one that fell.
:lolol: that is the best slice of karma ive seen dished out in a while. Did you offer them a glass of sparkling beverage?

:trollface:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr