OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Productive weekend was productive.

Got the dogs on a nice walk Saturday morning before it got too hot, cleaned around the house, went grocery shopping, grabbed some new dress shirts at BR, hit the gym, napped, cooked dinner with Michelle. We grabbed a few games, Scattergories and Uno, while at Target, and played a few rounds of Scattergories after dinner and walking the dogs again.

Sunday was similar with more chores and grocery shopping, but got the :jeep: washed, did my meal prep for the week, met her and her parents for dinner, then watched Harry Potter.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Sweet vengeance occurred yesterday.

Background: We have a neighbor that refuses to park in their (open) driveway. Toyota Previa (supercharged) always on the street. They leave it there so the snow plow plows in our driveway. The leaf sucker can't get our leaves in the fall because it's always parked in the way, etc. Wife even called the cops on it last month during a snow storm and it got ticketed and towed. Still, in the street it sits inexplicably.

We got a terrible ice storm the night before last. Ice followed by HEAVY rain. We were enjoying our morning coffee when we heard a terrible crash. We thought it was thunder...but I knew it was more...

The best part is that the tree that fell was from THEIR HOUSE. When the city came out to remove it, I was chatting with the lead guy and he said that tress that grow from a shared base like that fall ALL the time. He said the city usually posts notices warning people to have trees like those removed. He said they probably got a notice, but clearly ignored it.

It made our day. We had an impromptu gathering on our porch with other neighbors to watch the tree removal. Everyone was celebrating the death of the van. We even popped a bottle of champagne in celebration.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:31 am
dubshow wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:26 am

Equity Loan and Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) are things you should look into. Id said heloc it if you can pay it off relatively quickly (under 1-2 years). Pretty sure teh next option would essentially be a second mortgage.

They are very simple for HELOC. Often dont require a current appraisal if what you want to borrow is inline with what your house is relatively worth. They have better intro rates sometimes even 0% for 6mo.
Is it best to go through our current bank. Just browsing their site looks like 4.49% is the best rate they offer on either type of loan.

Looks like they are all adjustable rates too. Max at 12%. Is that industry standard?
HELOC is a line, which is adjustable. These typically have draw periods of 10 years, with interest only minimum payments during that time. After 10 years they switch to principal and interest payments amortized out 10-20 years.
You could go for a Home Equity loan which would be fixed and you'd have your options of amortization terms.

Both are subordinated to the primary mortgage.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:32 am TL;DR
thats great and all but what's the monthly on paper plates looking like these days
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 am Productive weekend was productive.

Got the dogs on a nice walk Saturday morning before it got too hot, cleaned around the house, went grocery shopping, grabbed some new dress shirts at BR, hit the gym, napped, cooked dinner with Michelle. We grabbed a few games, Scattergories and Uno, while at Target, and played a few rounds of Scattergories after dinner and walking the dogs again.

Sunday was similar with more chores and grocery shopping, but got the :jeep: washed, did my meal prep for the week, met her and her parents for dinner, then watched Harry Potter.
Did you ever find a tailor?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:32 am Sweet vengeance occurred yesterday.

Background: We have a neighbor that refuses to park in their (open) driveway. Toyota Previa (supercharged) always on the street. They leave it there so the snow plow plows in our driveway. The leaf sucker can't get our leaves in the fall because it's always parked in the way, etc. Wife even called the cops on it last month during a snow storm and it got ticketed and towed. Still, in the street it sits inexplicably.

We got a terrible ice storm the night before last. Ice followed by HEAVY rain. We were enjoying our morning coffee when we heard a terrible crash. We thought it was thunder...but I knew it was more...

The best part is that the tree that fell was from THEIR HOUSE. When the city came out to remove it, I was chatting with the lead guy and he said that tress that grow from a shared base like that fall ALL the time. He said the city usually posts notices warning people to have trees like those removed. He said they probably got a notice, but clearly ignored it.

It made our day. We had an impromptu gathering on our porch with other neighbors to watch the tree removal. Everyone was celebrating the death of the van. We even popped a bottle of champagne in celebration.
Is that their white bungalow?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

So, they like habitually park their van in front of YOUR house?

:nope:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 am Productive weekend was productive.

There's one in my neighborhood. I'll try bringing one of my plain white dress shirts to them and see what they can do. I really just need a couple of inches brought in from the stomach/waist area. If they do a good job I'll take the rest of them over as long as the cost isn't something stupid. I'm thinking a basic alteration like that should be under $10/shirt.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 am

No, theirs is the brick house next to it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 am

They did until :tits: got it towed last month. They started habitually parking it in front of our neighbor two houses down, where the tree landed.

I asked them a few times to park in their driveway, they just went on about how it's their right to park in the street, they've lived there for 30 years and it's never been a problem, etc, etc.

:rolleyes:

I HATE parking my cars on the street for concern of damage. Either someone hitting the car, or more drastically a tree falling on it. All of our cars are always in the garage/driveway. All of our trees in the back are well groomed and we took out a leaner like the one that fell.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:32 am TL;DR
thats great and all but what's the monthly on paper plates looking like these days
:wat:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:45 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 am

There's one in my neighborhood. I'll try bringing one of my plain white dress shirts to them and see what they can do. I really just need a couple of inches brought in from the stomach/waist area. If they do a good job I'll take the rest of them over as long as the cost isn't something stupid. I'm thinking a basic alteration like that should be under $10/shirt.
I was talking about your jeans. Just curious as to what they would charge for something like that
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:50 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 am

They did until :tits: got it towed last month. They started habitually parking it in front of our neighbor two houses down, where the tree landed.

I asked them a few times to park in their driveway, they just went on about how it's their right to park in the street, they've lived there for 30 years and it's never been a problem, etc, etc.

I HATE parking my cars on the street for concern of damage. Either someone hitting the car, or more drastically a tree falling on it. All of our cars are always in the garage/driveway. All of our trees in the back are well groomed and we took out a leaner like the one that fell.
wow, thats fucked. We had renters go in and out of the house across the street in the old hood.

I had a civil conversation with one set ....bro, its my house, thats a sport fo my guests, please park in front your house, its ok if you have some people over or whatever, but just not every day..... All was well.

Same conversation with a different set of renters, told me to fuck myself. I said you gonna be fucked when you come out to a car with 4 flat tires when you need to go somewhere. They stopped parking in front my house...but fucking privileged :millennial:
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:46 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 am

No, theirs is the brick house next to it.
She's starting you down from the front door. Trying to put a curse on you no doubt for taking joy in the destruction of such a fine motorcar
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:

Busy as :balls: this morning.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 am Image
:lolol:
:bravo:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

My wife is not a great driver. Makes me nervous as hell to think about.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:51 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 am

:wat:
http://datforumdoe.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 88#p263588
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:56 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:50 am

wow, thats fucked. We had renters go in and out of the house across the street in the old hood.

I had a civil conversation with one set ....bro, its my house, thats a sport fo my guests, please park in front your house, its ok if you have some people over or whatever, but just not every day..... All was well.

Same conversation with a different set of renters, told me to fuck myself. I said you gonna be fucked when you come out to a car with 4 flat tires when you need to go somewhere. They stopped parking in front my house...but fucking privileged :millennial:
Our streets are somewhat narrow, so there's only parking on one side of the street...and it just to happens to be our side. We too like it open for when guests come, but these :wap: :derp: s are insistent that they have the right to always park their van in the street. There's no reasoning with them because they claim to be within the bounds of the law or some shit. It was truly a glorious event when the van got crushed because their driveway was unscathed. If the van was parked there, it would have been fine.
wap

:fuckyeah:

So, just to orient ourselves, where is Bag End in the last pic? Is the destroyed van parked across the street in these pics?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Have you been inside that bungalow?

Love a good Craftsman house
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:53 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:45 am

I was talking about your jeans. Just curious as to what they would charge for something like that
Ah, I ended up returning those Levis to Amazon, cause they didn't provide any extra room in the thighs. I think they were just a poor quality cut from Levi, cause that fit is supposed be bigger in the thigh than what I currently wear... Relaxed vs. Athletic Slim.

I'll try some jeans on in store one of these weekends and find something that works for my thighs and then see about getting the calve/ankle portion tailored in if I can't find anything that tapers off the shelf.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:06 pm

:fuckyeah:

So, just to orient ourselves, where is Bag End in the last pic? Is the destroyed van parked across the street in these pics?
Bag end is directly behind the last pic. It was taken at the bottom of the driveway. Destroyed van is on our side of the street...the only side where parking is allowed.
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:12 pm Have you been inside that bungalow?

No, a crazy vegan hoarder lady lives there, I dare not ask to see inside.

There's a number of Craftsman bungalows on our street. We really wanted one before we bought our house, but couldn't find one.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:12 pm Have you been inside that bungalow?

There are some really cool ones in our neighborhood here.