Crangshaft Aftermath: Deep Kosher Roast

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

nuggstein wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:02 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:57 am

no.

BRUH, dont come at us with the whole "i want x but can only afford y" BULLSHIT. You paid full fucking clap for a minty new gti and dropped a nice used car's worth of cash on bloated service at your crook of a dealer.

You dont WANT to afford it. and thats ok.

Step one: set a budget
Step two: shop within that budget
Step three: buy thing that fits your needs best.

FWIW, I dont think getting out of the car is the best option for saving money. Cars break. People fix them all the time. Assuming new debt is not the answer if saving money is the goal. But you will have to do some 'work' to remedy your boondoggle and move forward with a repair, that's the opportunity cost.

I would not let JD VW touch that fucking car though. they have established themselves as crooks.

If you really want help and need to talk pm for digits.

But i digress, it will just be things I've already said here.
I probably had no business buying a brand new GTI when I did...but I did. I finally paid it off, but I still have student loans, ridiculous rent, and other expenses. Adding a new car again to pay monthly for is just awful, and completely unexpected. Saving more money will be even more difficult, and I am now at an age where I really need to care about the future and finances and stuff. This sucks.
yea dude i get all that. but you say you also "need" a car in the NYC metro area.

Stop saying it sucks and being all woe is me...its friday, take fucking action. Another option:

JD has a large automotive group... use the trade money on your whip to buy something on their lots that around the same mileage and japanessee.... if they honor that 7k as is trade you will have a silly low monthly.

I honestly think you have decision paralysis, and honestly we did not help with that in this thread.

So, new game. step one.... whats a life priority right now? saving money? Prob cheaper to fix and roll that GTI lyfe.

If the 1-200 a month is worth it to you to get into a more basic but reliable used whip than that's a different option.

if the 2-350 a month is worth it to you to have worry free lease lyfe motoring, that's the third option.

There are your high level options.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:57 am

no.

BRUH, dont come at us with the whole "i want x but can only afford y" BULLSHIT. You paid full fucking clap for a minty new gti and dropped a nice used car's worth of cash on bloated service at your crook of a dealer.

FWIW, I dont think getting out of the car is the best option for saving money. Cars break. People fix them all the time. Assuming new debt is not the answer if saving money is the goal. But you will have to do some 'work' to remedy your boondoggle and move forward with a repair, that's the opportunity cost.

I would not let JD VW touch that fucking car though. they have established themselves as crooks.

I probably had no business buying a brand new GTI when I did...but I did. I finally paid it off, but I still have student loans, ridiculous rent, and other expenses. Adding a new car again to pay monthly for is just awful, and completely unexpected. Saving more money will be even more difficult, and I am now at an age where I really need to care about the future and finances and stuff. This sucks.
Part of adulting, saving, budgeting is planning for unexpected expenses. Cars break, so do refrigerators, water heaters, ER visits, etc.

If you can’t handle a payment, then your options are:
1). Fix the car (but please take it somewhere else)
2). Take the money (if they’re offering cash) and buy a used civic
3). Start walking.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:04 am

Ok, devils advocate here...

What if engine damage is more severe than either :crang: or the :dillerman: thinks? What if, after he replaces the crangshaft and they button it up, there are more CELs?

I think he'd be much better off cutting his losses, taking their money, and getting out of the car in this case. If this whole "major engine problems" issue happens again, we're just going to spend another 100 pages and 4 weeks talking about it. The possibility is still high that he'll be stuck with a paperweight that's worth $500 without an engine. It's a VW. Shit breaks. And :crang: man doesn't have the wherewithal to deal with that.

:crang: needs the drama free life. Whether it's a used Corolla or some lease... for the sake of his hair follicles, he needs to get out.
Sure. But a reputable shop would have scoped the cylinders and run a compression test by now. Easy way to know if the answer is "used engine" or "fix what done broked"

90% of the problem here is the :dillerman: is taking him for a ride.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:14 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:04 am

Ok, devils advocate here...

What if engine damage is more severe than either :crang: or the :dillerman: thinks? What if, after he replaces the crangshaft and they button it up, there are more CELs?

I think he'd be much better off cutting his losses, taking their money, and getting out of the car in this case. If this whole "major engine problems" issue happens again, we're just going to spend another 100 pages and 4 weeks talking about it. The possibility is still high that he'll be stuck with a paperweight that's worth $500 without an engine. It's a VW. Shit breaks. And :crang: man doesn't have the wherewithal to deal with that.

:crang: needs the drama free life. Whether it's a used Corolla or some lease... for the sake of his hair follicles, he needs to get out.
Sure. But a reputable shop would have scoped the cylinders and run a compression test by now. Easy way to know if the answer is "used engine" or "fix what done broked"

90% of the problem here is the :dillerman: is taking him for a ride.
:dillerman: gonna :dillerman:

I don’t necessarily agree that they’re intentionally being nefarious. They’re certainly lazy and lack empathy.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:20 am
THAN WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE A FUCKING CHILD?

You made a shitty decision. Oh well. We all fucking do. Now you're allowing yourself to be trapped by that shitty decision for life. Dude we've given you many fucking options that a nearly 30 year old shouldn't need. GROW THE FUCK UP.

You're impossible to help. Cheapest car on the lot at JW. That's your option. YOU DON'T GET TO PICK IF IT HAS LEDS BRO. You're lucky if it has seats. I do say get new because you just can't manage a anything at all. They have several Jettas for 20k. You get 7k on trade. Get the extended warranty. 14k over 6 years (I would never suggest that for anyone else but you need it) is $200 a month.

YOU DONT HAVE ANY MORE OPTIONS BECAUSE YOU SEEM UNABLE TO FUNCTION AS AN ADULT.
:bravo:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

nuggstein wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:57 am no.

So maybe you don’t need bi-xenons ya lunk.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

But... bi-xenons :doe:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

It's like watching the Titanic sink.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Melon wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:25 am It's like watching the Titanic sink.
:amaze:
razr390

Due respect, :crang: once the lease is up in my GTI these are the options I am considering, some would be considered “downgrades” in the eyes of GTI if you compared year-to-year:

1. 2018 VW GLI
2. 2018 VW Golf SE
3. 2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
4. 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport
5. 2018 Jetta S

I won’t have the creature comforts I do now but I don’t need most of them. Neither do you. You need:
1. A mode of transportation
2. Reliable
3. Fuel efficient
4. City friendly
5. Affordable

You don’t NEED bi-xenons
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:45 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:20 pm Tell them you want to sell them the car for $7k cash/check and want to walk away free and clear... At an industry standard of $35/day you’ll be at $1000 in rental car charges that is the elephant in the room by early next week.

You effectively got $8k for the car at that point.

Go get literally anything else.
You gonna offer any serious advice ever?
I’ll get right on that, Diane.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

I think he does need bi-xenon. He lives in the city. It's very dark in the city. They don't use Street lamps and there are literally no buildings that use lights after bedtime. We don't need him crashing/someone crashing into him due to low visibility.

You guys are silly. Of course he NEEDS them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

*reserved for no content*
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:25 am It's like watching the Titanic sink.
or
:crang:

train he is on
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

NEEK wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:39 am I think he does need bi-xenon. He lives in the city. It's very dark in the city. They don't use Street lamps and there are literally no buildings that use lights after bedtime. We don't need him crashing/someone crashing into him due to low visibility.

new thread who dis
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:52 am
NEEK wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:39 am I think he does need bi-xenon. He lives in the city. It's very dark in the city. They don't use Street lamps and there are literally no buildings that use lights after bedtime. We don't need him crashing/someone crashing into him due to low visibility.

new thread who dis
:neek: is attempting to just walk back into this life.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Bi xenons a requirement :lolol:
Only a loaded Hyundai or bust :lolol:
Friday of week 4 with no action :lolol:

Thread delivers.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

Got confirmation that my car is trade-in value only.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Of course it is. They weren't going to just fork over $7k for a busted car without you buying a new one.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

nuggstein

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:19 am
nuggstein wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:15 am Got confirmation that my car is trade-in value only.
WRITE A FULL FUCKING THOUGHT.

WITH ALL THE ADVICE YOU'VE BEEN GIVEN WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW?
I am going to repair the exhaust cam, get car back, and drive girlfriend's Mazda until I find a car that I can afford and like.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

nuggstein wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:15 am Got confirmation that my car is trade-in value only.

No :[user not found]: , another nugget of information, we have to start the whole advice process over now
:rolleyes:
brain go brrrrrr
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

lol duh they weren't giving you $7k to walk. Just lease or buy a Jetta from them with the $7k. Even if you don't want to be in a VW a 3 year lease isn't the end of the world.
Last edited by dtraill27 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
razr390

nuggstein wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:22 am

I am going to repair the exhaust cam, get car back, and drive girlfriend's Mazda until I find a car that I can afford and like.
Wrong answer but that’s your burden to bear.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:24 am
nuggstein wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:22 am
Someone needs to, literally, beat some sense into you.

I tried with you. Now :popcorn: time.

Write the date down - 4/13/2018 is the day you ruined your financial future.
Friday the 13th... :yikes:
nuggstein

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:41 am A dark part of me things Crang is playing the game of his grandmother passing/inheritance so he can get his bixenons. None of this makes sense without a piece of the puzzle we aren't being told.
They aren't offering me cash and I really don't know that I want another VW! I don't see the harm in doing this!

My grandmother has no money.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: