Crangshaft Aftermath: Deep Kosher Roast

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

nuggstein wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:27 pm

$7k in his pocket right meow
$2k drive offs for a lease
$250/mo for 3 years

:aintcare: you've got $5 grand in your pocket and a reasonable and easy to budget payment for the next 3 years.
Is that accurate?
Should be close to that for a $25k car
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

nuggstein wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:29 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:20 pm

hmm lets see. 7,000+2,000 = 9,000
3 years, 1 year = 12 months, 3 years = ~ 36 months
9,000 / 36 = ~250

sounds accurate to me :iono:
What does a top of the line fully loaded 2018 Sonata lease for? My girlfriend's parents just bought one, are getting a second one, and if I was getting a third...good deal I suppose.
:butwhy: :wtf:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

9,000 / 36 = ~250

What does a top of the line fully loaded 2018 Sonata lease for? My girlfriend's parents just bought one, are getting a second one, and if I was getting a third...good deal I suppose.
A fully loaded one will be more than that. The target is around $1 per month per $100 of car. So a $35k car you’d target $350. Ish. Not exact.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

get a 2018 camry instead, if you want an appliance, atleast get one that isn't actually crap.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

9,000 / 36 = ~250

I know you're not a "car guy" per sey, but neither am I.. I had a rental Sonata for a few weeks like two years ago while my GTI got fixed up from being hit, and it was fucking terrible. Granted it wasn't top of the line, but go for something smaller and more nimble, please.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:37 pm

I know you're not a "car guy" per sey, but neither am I.. I had a rental Sonata for a few weeks like two years ago while my GTI got fixed up from being hit, and it was fucking terrible. Granted it wasn't top of the line, but go for something smaller and more nimble, please.
What was wrong with it?
:crang:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

nuggstein wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:53 pm

What was wrong with it?
drive a hyundai and you'll see, especially after driving a nice german car. It's pretty much more of a chore to drive and unpleasurable.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:23 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:18 pm Warranty for my crang so he can walk around headstrong and cocksure while he gets his finances all fixed after this mess.
If I were Crang

I'd sell it to dealer for $7k cash
And go lease a whatevermobile like that Hyundai he wants or something.
And just lease cars from now on because warranty and easy budgeting and nothing to pay for extra.
Or buy something with a stupid long warranty and get out right before that's up.
Because it's cheaper to do that than pay for anal rape dealer maintenance + depreciation on an owned vehicle

6 years VW
10 years Hyundai - Is Kia the same?
What else is there with long warranties?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:26 pm
wap wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:19 pm

That would work fine for some, but not for :crang: He should never be out of warranty on a VW.
It's his choice doe. I think new motor and soldier on isn't a bad option. Not what I'd suggest but it's far from the worst pick. Worst would be letting the dealer monkeys put 2 camshafts in there and plan to keep it forever and pray nothing else goes wrong.
For sure.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:11 pm
wap wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:17 pm

Oh you know I agree on that point. Breh gives me shit about it all the time. :lol:

I'm just talking about HIS car specifically. Since they didn't/won't scope it we won't know what longer term issues will pop up on his car. It's just got too much stank on it to keep at this point.
:)

Ron is right this engine has the mark of Cain upon it and should be ditched. Nobody with no money has any business guessing about what internals are damaged and which are not in a German engine.
As buying a car from JD? Fuck, a deal's a deal. Cash doesn't lose or gain value because you are dealing with an arshole. But it's time for either some rice or warrantied Krautmobile.
:wub:

All :dat: :doe:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:55 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:23 pm

If I were Crang

And just lease cars from now on because warranty and easy budgeting and nothing to pay for extra.
Or buy something with a stupid long warranty and get out right before that's up.
Because it's cheaper to do that than pay for anal rape dealer maintenance + depreciation on an owned vehicle

6 years VW
kia is also the same. and that's it.
SAWCE

What was wrong with it?
Dangerously slow, shitty steering feel, odd electronic quirks hooking up the bluetooth, gas mileage was noticeably lower than in the GTI. Just felt floaty and sluggish. You'll miss the pep, especially being Stage 1 in your GTI.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:54 pm
nuggstein wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:53 pm What was wrong with it?
drive a hyundai and you'll see, especially after driving a nice german car. It's pretty much more of a chore to drive and unpleasurable.
That's why I and others here have been pushing a Mazda3. It'll drive much nicer than almost any Hyundai. You'll be much happier in one.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

just get a CPO mk7 GTI with like 5k miles on it. Factory Mk6 APR stage 1, BOOM.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Hyundai and Kia have made insane progress through the years. I think a Sonata would be a :notbad: move for :crang:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Or maybe the new Velobster? Looks cool.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

wap wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:23 pm If I were Crang

6 years VW
The VW one is also B2B. Hyundai I think is just powertrain for 10 years which is still great but a regular 3 year B2B.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:03 pm Or maybe the new Velobster? Looks cool.
i caught my eye on this, essentially a cheaper GLI. Has veloster turbo swap i believe and has dual clutch.
ChrisoftheNorth

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:03 pm Or maybe the new Velobster? Looks cool.
i caught my eye on this, essentially a cheaper GLI. Has veloster turbo swap i believe and has dual clutch.
Looks great. Long warranty. Drive well enough for :crang: to feel "sporty", this is a solid call.
nuggstein

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:00 pm

What was wrong with it?
Dangerously slow, shitty steering feel, odd electronic quirks hooking up the bluetooth, gas mileage was noticeably lower than in the GTI. Just felt floaty and sluggish. You'll miss the pep, especially being Stage 1 in your GTI.
I've been watching YouTube videos of the 2018 2.0T Limited Sonata...apparently they are really nice and :notbad:
nuggstein

The CX-5 also looks really nice.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:02 pm Hyundai and Kia have made insane progress through the years. I think a Sonata would be a :notbad: move for :crang:
I just realized we're talking about the Sonata..

:crang: disregard my remarks. I was thinking the Sonata was their CUV or whatever you call the Tucson.. I had the Tucson and it sucked :dedong:
SAWCE

nuggstein wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:16 pm The CX-5 also looks really nice.
CX-5 is decent. Friend of mine is considering one, as is Michelle for her next car... she's currently in a Mazda3
nuggstein

Mazda 6 looks nice too. Damn I'd want all these features but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
SAWCE

nuggstein wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:12 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:00 pm

I've been watching YouTube videos of the 2018 2.0T Limited Sonata...apparently they are really nice and :notbad:
Yeah, I was confusing it with a different car of theirs. I support the Sonata decision.