Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:29 am
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:21 am

Is it really that big ? I mean the chassis it is based on is significantly smaller ...
As Detroit said there's speculation it's fake news due to measuring inconsistencies with the mirrors being deployed on one and retracted on another. BUT. Skinnier chassis, sure, but those fender flares. And then those :jalepenis: length black plastic EXTRA FLARES on top of the already bulging fender flares. It's not a skinny vehicle.
Yea but the raptor has the same treatment and starts off with a way bigger truck.

I fully expect this thing to be really similar if not nearly identical in dimensions to a zr2.
It wouldn’t make any sense otherwise
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:29 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:29 am

As Detroit said there's speculation it's fake news due to measuring inconsistencies with the mirrors being deployed on one and retracted on another. BUT. Skinnier chassis, sure, but those fender flares. And then those :jalepenis: length black plastic EXTRA FLARES on top of the already bulging fender flares. It's not a skinny vehicle.
Yea but the raptor has the same treatment and starts off with a way bigger truck.

I fully expect this thing to be really similar if not nearly identical in dimensions to a zr2.
Unless the base truck is narrower (it isn't from what I've seen), it has to be wider. The only thing wider about the ZR2 is the track and wheel flares. Fenders are the same. The Ranger Raptor has those flared fenders AND fender flares.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:34 am
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:29 am

Unless the base truck is narrower (it isn't from what I've seen), it has to be wider. The only thing wider about the ZR2 is the track and wheel flares. Fenders are the same. The Ranger Raptor has those flared fenders AND fender flares.
we shall see but there is no way it is as wide as a raptor. That thing is a strip mine truk
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:22 am
Apex wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:50 am

:fakenews: No one uses an off-road vehicle outside of the mall.
Oh, that's right. Only morans would wheel a $40k truck.

Ooops. I am king :derp:
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:36 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:34 am
we shall see but there is no way it is as wide as a raptor. That thing is a strip mine truk
I don't know what this means.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This is coming as a Corvette owner. We can have "buy what you like" conversations on here all day, but I generally expect your average Raptor owner to be a knuckle dragging, Monster Energy Flatbrim general contractor who grosses $130K year, reports $70K of it, and is in debt up to his ass on Raptor, motorcycle, ATV, and child support payments.

I've seen the videos where it does all of that cool fast driving shit in the desert, but what actually is the point of that?

It's huge, it gets 7 mpg, and it is a status symbol for the type of bro above mentioned 98 times out of 100. The Ranger Raptor is little different. The ZR2 interests me because it is several notches down on the bro scale and offers compelling engineering value with those fancy shocks and what not.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:11 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:36 am

He means the F-150 starts out huge AF as it is.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, according to this forum, you are dumb AF for buying a Ford product. 4Zilch is a moran. Ferd is garbage.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:01 pm This is coming as a Corvette owner. We can have "buy what you like" conversations on here all day, but I generally expect your average Raptor owner to be a knuckle dragging, Monster Energy Flatbrim general contractor who grosses $130K year, reports $70K of it, and is in debt up to his ass on Raptor, motorcycle, ATV, and child support payments.

I've seen the videos where it does all of that cool fast driving shit in the desert, but what actually is the point of that?

It's huge, it gets 7 mpg, and it is a status symbol for the type of bro above mentioned 98 times out of 100. The Ranger Raptor is little different. The ZR2 interests me because it is several notches down on the bro scale and offers compelling engineering value with those fancy shocks and what not.
:dat: Except more like gross 200 and report 0 income... because EVERYTHING IS A FUCKING DEDUCTION :rage: That's how my buddy with the RAM1500 ecobankcrupt rolls.
"loses money" every year. :oops:

Ranger Raptor is kewll... if they bring in the 2.8 Diesel it should be decent too since it was in ROW for a decade.
ZR2 is epic because it priced so well. Basically does everything a raptor does for the average person for 1/2 the price and 80% of the size... the current full sizers are just :disgust: in their size. Big for the sake of being big, no actual reason for it.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:11 pm

He means the F-150 starts out huge AF as it is.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm Also, according to this forum, you are dumb AF for buying a Ford product. 4Zilch is a moran. Ferd is garbage.
Well some very vocal members here had bad experiences with Fraud, other work for competitors this is expected. I personally had a bit of a mixed bag having owned around 10 fraud products. So I am not going to sit here and defend them even though I drove the crown vic to work today and it was flawless with 392,820 miles as of this am. I can't speak to the new stuff because I owned none past 2000, and a lot of things changed.
Ford had a few very idiotic hickups like the wrong headgasket in the RS, like that shit should NOT happen in 2018.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:11 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm Also, according to this forum, you are dumb AF for buying a Ford product. 4Zilch is a moran. Ferd is garbage.
Well some very vocal members here had bad experiences with Fraud, other work for competitors this is expected. I personally had a bit of a mixed bag having owned around 10 fraud products. So I am not going to sit here and defend them even though I drove the crown vic to work today and it was flawless with 392,820 miles as of this am. I can't speak to the new stuff because I owned none past 2000, and a lot of things changed.
Ford had a few very idiotic hickups like the wrong headgasket in the RS, like that shit should NOT happen in 2018.
Waxer "Ford is Garbage"
Z "Ford is Garbage"
JP "Ford is Garbage"

Ferd, Fraud, etc. Worst Dealerships in the world.

It's the prevailing message.

They do have some compelling cars though.......GT350, new GT 10 speed auto that runs 11s, Focus RS, Bronco?
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:16 pm

Waxer "Ford is Garbage"
Z "Ford is Garbage"
JP "Ford is Garbage"

They do have some compelling cars though.......GT350, new GT 10 speed auto that runs 11s, Focus RS, Bronco?
Everyone is right on here don't ya know...
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:01 pm This is coming as a Corvette owner. We can have "buy what you like" conversations on here all day, but I generally expect your average Raptor owner to be a knuckle dragging, Monster Energy Flatbrim general contractor who grosses $130K year, reports $70K of it, and is in debt up to his ass on Raptor, motorcycle, ATV, and child support payments.

I want an extended cab, short bed first gen raptor so bad. I haven't checked pricing on them in awhile doe. :(
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

My experiences have been 50/50. When they're good they're really good. When they're bad, light the fucking thing on fire and walk away. No in between. Kind of like VW.
max225

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:45 pm

I want an extended cab, short bed first gen raptor so bad. I haven't checked pricing on them in awhile doe. :(
Same as their MSRP. :disgust: they never depreciated, unless you wanted the baby dick 5.4 with over 100k miles :gay:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Waxer "Ford is Garbage"
Z "Ford is Garbage"
JP "Ford is Garbage"

Everyone is :wrong: on here don't ya know...
ChrisoftheNorth

No you don't.

:baby: etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

Waxer "Ford is Garbage"
Z "Ford is Garbage"
JP "Ford is Garbage"

I guess we read what we want, but it seems like most of the time Ford talk is positive for no reason.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:27 pm

No you don't.

Want vs. what I should do are two completely different things. :lol:
max225

No you don't.

Crotchfruit + Truk + 2 doors + single digit MPG + 1500 a set tires. :lol: ballllin!
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:41 pm
No you don't.

Crotchfruit + Truk + 2 doors + single digit MPG + 1500 a set tires. :lol: ballllin!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Waxer "Ford is Garbage"
Z "Ford is Garbage"
JP "Ford is Garbage"

I guess we read what we want, but it seems like most of the time Ford talk is positive for no reason.
Detroit "Ford is Garbage"
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Waxer "Ford is Garbage"
Z "Ford is Garbage"
JP "Ford is Garbage"

Everyone is right on here don't ya know...
:wrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Fuk Jeep and Raptor trash - You want this LOL :) Not gonna be in the US appears. Seems like a good rig - https://jalopnik.com/the-toyota-land-cr ... 1825172161