The Bookface Testimony

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Anyone watching any of this?

Hearing a bunch of gov't olds try and wrap their minds around Facebook is kind of hilarious, and also sad.

"Is your service like Twitter?"

Is that a serious fucking question?

Also: a senator waiving around a printout of the Facebook user/service agreement saying it's too dense and cannot be understood is the best irony I've seen in a while.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

The senators asking for him to agree to 24 hour or 72 hour windows to notify all users of any data compromise/mis-use/anything have no idea what that actually takes. None.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I caught a snippet as I walked past one of the TV's at work. :lol: as political olds try to talk about social media.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Heh, I like the power move:

"Time for a break."
Zuck: "Nah, we can go for 15 more mins" Come at me bruh.

:lol:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Interested to hear the nightly news report on it. In for cliff notes.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Heh, and the next Senator has 3'x4' printed placards being held up by his interns behind him. Hilarious.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Also: fuck Ted Cruz.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

No bookface account, no care. :aintcare:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

stripethree wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:20 pm Also: fuck Ted Cruz.
:dat:
Can not be said enough.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

wap wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:21 pm No bookface account, no care. :aintcare:
Yeah, I get it. This will have wider implications about privacy and online activity that just Facebook and my fear here is that the people asking the questions do not have the slightest clue of what they are diving into.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

wap wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:22 pm
Can not be said enough.
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:23 pm
Warms my heart.

Here, enjoy this.
wap

stripethree wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:26 pm
wap wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:21 pm No bookface account, no care. :aintcare:
Yeah, I get it. This will have wider implications about privacy and online activity that just Facebook and my fear here is that the people asking the questions do not have the slightest clue of what they are diving into.
Oh, for sure. Valid point about issue relevancy and Congressional :derp: -ness is very valid.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

stripethree wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:53 pm Anyone watching any of this?

Hearing a bunch of gov't olds try and wrap their minds around Facebook is kind of hilarious, and also sad.

"Is your service like Twitter?"

Is that a serious fucking question?

Also: a senator waiving around a printout of the Facebook user/service agreement saying it's too dense and cannot be understood is the best irony I've seen in a while.
like have you fucking read the tax code?
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:43 pm like have you fucking read the tax code?
:fax:
Or, you, know bills they recently passed that they admitted they didn't fucking read!

And yeah, I'll go back and throw Obamacare under that umbrella too, neither side is immune. We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it.. Fuck you, I don't trust you to fix the issues with the handling of my data any more than the people that fucked it up. If anything, FB might try harder because it's money in and out of their pocket, potentially.
wap

stripethree wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:27 pm
wap wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:22 pm

Can not be said enough.
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Warms my heart.

Here, enjoy this.
:lolol: :lolgasm:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

It's a series of tubes
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:50 pm It's a series of tubes
But, it's YouTube... it's singular. So that can't be it.
wap

stripethree wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:45 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:43 pm like have you fucking read the tax code?
Or, you, know bills they recently passed that they admitted they didn't fucking read!

And yeah, I'll go back and throw Obamacare under that umbrella too, neither side is immune. We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it.. Fuck you, I don't trust you to fix the issues with the handling of my data any more than the people that fucked it up. If anything, FB might try harder because it's money in and out of their pocket, potentially.
While I agree with you in general ,for the sake of truth, the bolded really needs context.
“In the fall of the year,” Pelosi said today, “the outside groups…were saying ‘it’s about abortion,’ which it never was. ‘It’s about ‘death panels,’’ which it never was. ‘It’s about a job-killer,’ which it creates four million. ‘It’s about increasing the deficit’; well, the main reason to pass it was to decrease the deficit.” Her contention was that the Senate “didn’t have a bill.” And until the Senate produced an actual piece of legislation that could be matched up and debated against what was passed by the House, no one truly knew what would be voted on.

“So, that’s why I was saying we have to pass a bill so we can see so that we can show you what it is and what it isn’t,” Pelosi continued. “It is none of these things. It’s not going to be any of these things.”
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:facepalm:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

all :dat:
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

stripethree wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:53 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:50 pm It's a series of tubes
But, it's YouTube... it's singular. So that can't be it.
That's just the tube that goes to you.

You wouldn't call it YouTubes, would you?

What an idiot!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Survival of the fittest man.

Also, data security is a thing we all need to take proactive steps to take care of on our own.
Just as much as you would lock your car doors at night.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wap wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:58 pm

While I agree with you in general ,for the sake of truth, the bolded really needs context.
“In the fall of the year,” Pelosi said today, “the outside groups…were saying ‘it’s about abortion,’ which it never was. ‘It’s about ‘death panels,’’ which it never was. ‘It’s about a job-killer,’ which it creates four million. ‘It’s about increasing the deficit’; well, the main reason to pass it was to decrease the deficit.” Her contention was that the Senate “didn’t have a bill.” And until the Senate produced an actual piece of legislation that could be matched up and debated against what was passed by the House, no one truly knew what would be voted on.

“So, that’s why I was saying we have to pass a bill so we can see so that we can show you what it is and what it isn’t,” Pelosi continued. “It is none of these things. It’s not going to be any of these things.”
snopesing this live with no bias

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pelos ... -is-in-it/

she did utter those words, and it was NOT out of context.
She added on things after because her politician pea brain went "SHIT YOU DUMB BITCH, DID YOU REALLY JUST UTTER THAT?!?!? RECOVER! RECOVER!"

so, :wap: posts fake news.
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:12 pm
wap wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:58 pm

snopesing this live with no bias

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pelos ... -is-in-it/

she did utter those words, and it was NOT out of context.
She added on things after because her politician pea brain went "SHIT YOU DUMB BITCH, DID YOU REALLY JUST UTTER THAT?!?!? RECOVER! RECOVER!"

so, :wap: posts fake news.
:rolleyes:
I quoted from the same Snopes link, :bruh:

Want more context? Here's more of her original speech.
Imagine an economy where people could follow their aspirations, where they could be entrepreneurial, where they could take risks professionally because personally their families [sic] health care needs are being met. Where they could be self-employed or start a business, not be job-locked in a job because they have health care there, and if they went out on their own it would be unaffordable to them, but especially true, if someone has a child with a pre-existing condition. So when we pass our bill, never again will people be denied coverage because they have a pre-existing condition.

We have to do this in partnership, and I wanted to bring [you] up to date on where we see it from here. The final health care legislation that will soon be passed by Congress will deliver successful reform at the local level. It will offer paid for investments that will improve health care services and coverage for millions more Americans. It will make significant investments in innovation, prevention, wellness and offer robust support for public health infrastructure. It will dramatically expand investments into community health centers. That means a dramatic expansion in the number of patients community health centers can see and ultimately healthier communities. Our bill will significantly reduce uncompensated care for hospitals.

You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention–it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
She was speaking to a Legislative Conference, not to the general public.