Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:35 pm
wap wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Fuck man, Dave must be right about you drinking early. I'm agreeing with you that it's better/easier to own a car here, and I also said there are great roads here. But as was said, and is demonstrably true, is that DRIVING there, regardless of how much hp you can afford, is a better experience because of the fact that you're surrounded by generally better drivers, better maintained roads, and pragmatic :narc: s. And you can still legally take an 80hp car up to higher legal speeds there than you can here.
Why can't I just love it more here :(
You can love wherever you want but that doesn't mean that :fax: aren't :fax: . As :mahtroy: would say feelings =/= :fax:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:09 pm

You can, and you're wrong.
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Fuck man, Dave must be right about you drinking early. I'm agreeing with you that it's better/easier to own a car here, and I also said there are great roads here. But as was said, and is demonstrably true, is that DRIVING there, regardless of how much hp you can afford, is a better experience because of the fact that you're surrounded by generally better drivers, better maintained roads, and pragmatic :narc: s. And you can still legally take an 80hp car up to higher legal speeds there than you can here.
:lolol: :popcorn:

I agree :doe: . I drove in England a couple of years ago. Everyone talks about the great English Country Roads, but everything had low limits with speed cams, lanes were narrow and had trees hanging in them, roundabouts were super congested...

Costa Rica had beautiful roads and was more civilized than I expected, but then out of nowhere the pavement would just disappear, or a Detroit spec pothole would come up. We had a blowout our first night.

Canada's roads are OK but limits are lower than the states.

Mexico is just shit to drive in.

I haven't driven in Germany, but I've driven a ton of the US and I think it's the best. I've been 140 in a Challenger in Wyoming with no worries in the world. Many of us have hooned the Dragon at asinine speed. It's pretty great.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

This is DFD, that's how it works.
Sig updated. Well said.

This thread went :fullretard: :amaze:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:02 am

Mexico is just shit to drive in unless offroading is your thing

:dat: FIFY
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:59 am

This is DFD, that's how it works.
Sig updated. Well said.

This thread went :fullretard: :amaze:
:fuckyeah: I made it into someone's sig.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

You gotta :member: that you live in a :unicorn: area that's loaded with some of the best driving roads on the planet. Take a trip to New England some time :popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:33 am

You gotta :member: that you live in a :unicorn: area that's loaded with some of the best driving roads on the planet. Take a trip to New England some time :popcorn:
The midwest is far worse. At least you have some twisties in New England.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:39 am

I think New England is actually pretty decent driving.

Texass is the worst.
Johnny_P

Tru

Oklahoma was "I wanna kill myself" levels of boring.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

They are all still part of one country that I call home. Oregon and Washington has some fun roads, Nevada had epic off road areas. But yes all of it is fake news. Kraut Central or bust
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:36 am They are all still part of one country that I call home. Oregon and Washington has some fun roads, Nevada had epic off road areas. But yes all of it is fake news. Kraut Central or bust
OFF roading in the USA is rivaled by nobody. We have the most epic offroading of any country. No question about that.

Yet, I'm the only one that off roads on here...

On-roading, Germany is so far superior to 90% of this country.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:56 am
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:36 am They are all still part of one country that I call home. Oregon and Washington has some fun roads, Nevada had epic off road areas. But yes all of it is fake news. Kraut Central or bust
OFF roading in the USA is rivaled by nobody. We have the most epic offroading of any country. No question about that.

I guess? Lots of good off roading around the world. Iceland, Australia, the entire continent of Africa come to mind. We have every type of terrain though which other countries can't say.

We do have good fun roads here too. Cali canyons, the Dragon, lots of fun shit in somewhat remote areas. Thing is many of the good to drive roads in the US are in terrible physical shape and littered with derps that are too busy texting. And the drive to get to many of them is totally barf worthy. My observation of Germany was the roads were kept better and drivers were far more attentive. I also noticed Ireland was decent to drive in, although roads were not in greatest shape the drivers were actually really good and it was rare that you'd get stuck behind someone who was a tard.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 am

Texass is the worst.
Where in Texas? There are good roads in the hill country but none near the cities.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:11 pm

I guess? Lots of good off roading around the world. Iceland, Australia, the entire continent of Africa come to mind. We have every type of terrain though which other countries can't say.

We do have good fun roads here too. Cali canyons, the Dragon, lots of fun shit in somewhat remote areas. Thing is many of the good to drive roads in the US are in terrible physical shape and littered with derps that are too busy texting. And the drive to get to many of them is totally barf worthy. My observation of Germany was the roads were kept better and drivers were far more attentive. I also noticed Ireland was decent to drive in, although roads were not in greatest shape the drivers were actually really good and it was rare that you'd get stuck behind someone who was a tard.
It's the diversity in terrain that makes it for me. Legit 5/7 here.

Roads are only good if you live near them, otherwise :whocares:

When I was in SoCal, I drove the canyon roads all the time when I lived by them. Then I moved to Orange county, and it was an hour and a half sitting in traffic just to get to a halfway decent road. They might as well not have been there, I could never take advantage.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:12 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 am

Texass is the worst.
Where in Texas? There are good roads in the hill country but none near the cities.
I've driven in a lot of areas, really all of the cities and the interstates between them. I'm sure there are lots of cool back roads in the western part, but in the cities it's big, flat, straight, and full of :derp: in :truk: .
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'm thinking of Turoing a :manuel: lifted JK in a few weeks, back to the :jeep: thing.

Really, it will be terrible for what I'm doing, but I'm intrigued to see what living with one for a couple of days is like.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:25 pm I'm thinking of Turoing a :manuel: lifted JK in a few weeks, back to the :jeep: thing.

Really, it will be terrible for what I'm doing, but I'm intrigued to see what living with one for a couple of days is like.
:doit: :popcorn:
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:25 pm I'm thinking of Turoing a :manuel: lifted JK in a few weeks, back to the :jeep: thing.

Absolute garbage but it is a Jeep thing breh. :iono:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:42 pm So Dave is waxer elitist driving aristocracy piloting his dual M2 series unimpeded by peasants and Max is a man of the people as he dodges Abuelita at 100 mph in his M3 on the way to lake Tahoe with his AZN.

Yet BOTH are technically Dbag elitist Roundel Oberleutnants.

The social hierarchy and politics of this forum are challenging at times.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:21 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:05 pm

.1 increase in skidpad, 30 foot reduction in stopping distance, both largely due to tires. That's significant. 90% of Wranglers never go off road we both know this so why not equip them with CUV type tires and make them drive better as a result? The JK's 209 foot 70-0 has got to be the worst braking performance of any modern automobile.
The braking performance is mainly due to caliper size bump for the Sahara and rubicon’s. The skid pad is mall tires however I am not sure what last one they tested. They called it a jku, but didn’t mention submodel.
a fucking skidpad test in a god damn jeep wrangler is fucking irrelevant.

:triggered:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:rolleyes:
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:33 pm

:rolleyes:
:roasted:
max225

Yea, cobblestone streets, city centers that ban cars. Any a plethora of Europes worst vehicles. On road driving is an absolute joy.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Yea, cobblestone streets, city centers that ban cars. Any a plethora of Europes worst vehicles. On road driving is an absolute joy.
Better than sitting in traffic constantly because :millennial: s can't be off facespace long enough to deal with the hassles of operating a motor vehicle.

I also drove in Frankfurt, Freiburg, Munich, Nuremburg (in the city center), and everywhere in between without driving on one cobble stone street. Other than being woefully slow, my rental Polo was a great little car.