Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:58 pm :woodplow: for 5k less and a different color
Yea, once these things hit $30k. :nuke:
they should be 25-30k, but lack of used C7s is propping up the values. C7s are 40-55k used which is :fullretard: considering new pricing. No incentive to lower pricing on C6s especially super rare GS cars. They made very few ~3k a year... 9k total ! They made less GS in 3 years than C7 coupes sold in 6 months.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:50 pm Image

So much :disgust: but the ride is insanely nice so :aintcare: Also, free commuting so :aintcare: :aintcare:
It's not that bad, really.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 pm
Yea, once these things hit $30k. :nuke:
they should be 25-30k, but lack of used C7s is propping up the values. C7s are 40-55k used which is :fullretard: considering new pricing. No incentive to lower pricing on C6s especially super rare GS cars. They made very few ~3k a year... 9k total ! They made less GS in 3 years than C7 coupes sold in 6 months.
It's remarkable how little C7's are dropping in value. NEW ones are cheaper than used. :wtf:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

max225

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... Code1=CORV

Too many miles on last one.. here is one for 31k
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:09 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... Code1=CORV

:ohdang:

I like this. A lot.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:06 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:04 pm

It's remarkable how little C7's are dropping in value. NEW ones are cheaper than used. :wtf:
Simply no used ones on the market, whoever got one is holding on to it. Nothing to upgrade to. No changes from 14-19
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:11 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:09 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... Code1=CORV

I like this. A lot.
gandalf the WHITE

:doit:
max225

ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:19 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... Code1=CORV

Wonder if it is a salvage... 29k :mindblown:
Can't tell if it's black or dark blue.

Still. :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:11 pm

I like this. A lot.
gandalf the WHITE

Wouldn't even need a brubstaff.

If I was "upgrading" it would have to be to something with an actual color. Though white is legit tempting.

I'd also have to sell Camdalf, which is probably impossible and 5/7 :disgust:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote:

I like this. A lot.
:dat: !
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:14 pm gandalf the WHITE

Wouldn't even need a brubstaff.

If I was "upgrading" it would have to be to something with an actual color. Though white is legit tempting.

Yep, orange might be worthy of the heartache. I need MadMax to calculate when the price quotient is smallest between my C5.05 and a GS. I'd love that :plac: too. Prolly no sooner than 2019/2020 doe. The white is pretty nice!
max225

Tarspin wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Wouldn't even need a brubstaff.

Yep, orange might be worthy of the heartache. I need MadMax to calculate when the price quotient is smallest between my C5.05 and a GS. I'd love that :plac: too. Prolly no sooner than 2019/2020 doe. The white is pretty nice!
It is a catch 22 for you, because the more the GS drops the more your C6 will drop as well. Granted proportionally smaller since you got it for like 18k but... still. I don't forsee C6s depreciating unless C7s truly hit the used market.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... 1=CORVCORV
This car makes no sense... 50k miles and 4 model years old at 70% of what a new one costs.

one of the few 2015+ models under 40k where they belong... hell 15+ should be in the low/mid 30s since a new one is high 40s. 9/10 sub 40k C7s are 2014 models which have a ton of issues.

Once you get more C7s in the 30s it'll push the C6s downmarket.
ChrisoftheNorth

Orange or blue is what I want.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6 ... s-32k.html

:jimp: :jimp:

Guess they're coming down... :balls:
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:49 pm Orange or blue is what I want.

Wow that is a great car at a great price. I love the Jetstream blue+gray wheel combo. Never have to wash the wheels. Hell maybe I should consider one also, if the poon man dies in china. :yikes:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:49 pm Orange or blue is what I want.

Wow that is a great car at a great price. I love the Jetstream blue+gray wheel combo. Never have to wash the wheels. Hell maybe I should consider one also, if the poon man dies in china. :yikes:
The gray wheels are perfect on any color. I'd absolutely go that route on a GS. Man...I didn't realize the prices have gotten so reasonable. Maybe I should consider throwing Camdalf for sale in the spring just to see what happens.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:17 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:52 pm

The gray wheels are perfect on any color. I'd absolutely go that route on a GS. Man...I didn't realize the prices have gotten so reasonable. Maybe I should consider throwing Camdalf for sale in the spring just to see what happens.
It is spring. I am sure some :derp: will pay 17-20k for it. You have no miles on it right? since you barely drove it.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:18 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:17 pm
It is spring. I am sure some :derp: will pay 17-20k for it. You have no miles on it right? since you barely drove it.
Well, it's still too cold to drive it. I wait until lows are consistently in the 40's before bringing it out for the season.

Once the nice weather gets going, :derp: s go nuts looking for cars. It's the best time to sell a car like this, in the April/May timeframe.

03 with 57k miles. Every single common issue has been addressed and every wear item has been replaced. Just needs new TPMS sensors and should have fresh rubber. It's truly a hell of a car as it sits.

The modz will kill its value, :doe: because it'll only appeal to scenekidz looking for max :stig: It's too well put together and clean for that, but the old people willing to :waxer: want perfect unmolested status. It's a super niche market.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:25 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:18 pm
Well, it's still too cold to drive it. I wait until lows are consistently in the 40's before bringing it out for the season.

Once the nice weather gets going, :derp: s go nuts looking for cars. It's the best time to sell a car like this, in the April/May timeframe.

03 with 57k miles. Every single common issue has been addressed and every wear item has been replaced. Just needs new TPMS sensors and should have fresh rubber. It's truly a hell of a car as it sits.

The modz will kill its value, :doe: because it'll only appeal to scenekidz looking for max :stig: It's too well put together and clean for that, but the old people willing to :waxer: want perfect unmolested status. It's a super niche market.
I think the target customer for your C5 is a blue collar white dude in his 50-60s who couldn't afford one when new however lately was able to scrap together a bit of cash since everyone is employed now.

That's pretty much who bought my C5 back in 2013. Your mods will appeal to said dude just like my "stereo" with sub did for him, since obviously they will blast Van Halen guitar solos or attempt to get that teeny chub on from the headers+brub combo

You have too many miles for a "collector" and you don't have an anniversary :whocares: or Z06 model.

I personally think it'll sell easy because the used market is still :fullretard:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:Orange or blue is what I want.

:awkwardboner:
max225

And jez I barely drove my 02 and sold it with 59k miles.. 57k miles after 15 model years... is major garage queen status.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:30 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:25 pm

I think the target customer for your C5 is a blue collar white dude in his 50-60s who couldn't afford one when new however lately was able to scrap together a bit of cash since everyone is employed now.

That's pretty much who bought my C5 back in 2013. Your mods will appeal to said dude just like my "stereo" with sub did for him, since obviously they will blast Van Halen guitar solos or attempt to get that teeny chub on from the headers+brub combo

You have too many miles for a "collector" and you don't have an anniversary :whocares: or Z06 model.

I personally think it'll sell easy because the used market is still :fullretard:
I dunno...most old guys around here are still looking for that pristine untouched 30k mile :unicorn: that still does exist. I'm not sure many will be into the engine work, clutch, and rearend. Maybe I'm wrong. I'd need to cast a wider net than the local area, doe...probably throw it on eBay or maybe BaT. People there seem to spend too much money on stuff.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 pm And jez I barely drove my 02 and sold it with 59k miles.. 57k miles after 15 model years... is major garage queen status.
Unfortunately, it's common out here. It's what happens when most people don't drive cars for more than 6 months of the year. My car is probably middle of the pack in terms of mileage.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:31 pm
Detroit wrote:Orange or blue is what I want.

:awkwardboner:
I might be in SoCal next week for work too...