Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:14 pm
wap wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:07 pm
I cannot, and will not, compete with you on pinshit shit.

5/7 looks.
0/7 functionality.
The crazy thing, we might have a paying gig coming up from this.

Wife had a friend come over and ask if we'd consider upgrading her kitchen in a similar manner if she paid us.
Wife just sent her pictures of the shelves and friend responded "when can you start?"

No idea what to charge. We're going to talk it over. Getting paid to pinshit seems :notsure: but equally :fuckyeah: This is easy for us but :nope: for many others.
I want to go on record as saying this is an absolutely HORRIBLE IDEA. Where do we start?

1. You're fucking telling me you don't have enough of this shit to do at your own house and now you want to be an unlicensed contractor for a WOMAN? Get a life! Go camping. Walk your dog. Drink at Tony's. Get drunk and screw. ANYTHING.
2. WOMAN was in caps because she LOVES your work now but something goes awry and
a. What is already probably bro-deal pricing now becomes even more contentious and she won't want to pay you at all. Result? Friendship flushed.
b. Do you really want to be subject to the arbitrary whims of ANOTHER WOMAN? That's insanity. Are you Mormon Bro? Is one not enough?
3. Wow, you both have day jobs and plenty of pinshit at home. How about your friend GO HIRE A LICENSED CONTRACTOR TO FIX HER HOUSE IF SHE CAN'T DO IT HERSELF?

I urge you to rethink this.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:42 pm
wap wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:26 pm Can you legally do that without being licensed and insured, etc?

I told her I'll only do basic drywall/plaster repair, painting, and backsplash tile. Anything requiring wiring, plumbing, or moving appliances is a :nope: due to the above. Even though I can do that stuff, I DO NOT want to be held liable.

Other than the hood ducting, we didn't do anything else to our kitchen and apparently that's all the friend wants. We'll see. :iono:
Smart.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:14 pm The crazy thing, we might have a paying gig coming up from this.

Wife had a friend come over and ask if we'd consider upgrading her kitchen in a similar manner if she paid us.
Wife just sent her pictures of the shelves and friend responded "when can you start?"

No idea what to charge. We're going to talk it over. Getting paid to pinshit seems :notsure: but equally :fuckyeah: This is easy for us but :nope: for many others.
I want to go on record as saying this is an absolutely HORRIBLE IDEA. Where do we start?

1. You're fucking telling me you don't have enough of this shit to do at your own house and now you want to be an unlicensed contractor for a WOMAN? Get a life! Go camping. Walk your dog. Drink at Tony's. Get drunk and screw. ANYTHING.
2. WOMAN was in caps because she LOVES your work now but something goes awry and
a. What is already probably bro-deal pricing now becomes even more contentious and she won't want to pay you at all. Result? Friendship flushed.
b. Do you really want to be subject to the arbitrary whims of ANOTHER WOMAN? That's insanity. Are you Mormon Bro? Is one not enough?
3. Wow, you both have day jobs and plenty of pinshit at home. How about your friend GO HIRE A LICENSED CONTRACTOR TO FIX HER HOUSE IF SHE CAN'T DO IT HERSELF?

Dat threesome :doe:

:tits: :tits: :jizz:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Listen to the lawyer.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Potd. Quality breh at his finest
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:57 pm

Potd. Quality breh at his finest
:dat:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 pm
Desertbreh wrote:

If true that obviously changes the analysis.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

And Tx. Guys but Chris DO NOT DO THIS. :wub:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Yea, we'll see. She's not really MY friend, and I don't make any design decisions, I just do the work.

Realistically, we have too much pinshitting to do around our own house, let alone someone else's. I'd be surprised if it materializes, but :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 pm
Desertbreh wrote:

Given the Caddy has been replaced by a BRO :truk: , it seems like a pretty legitimate consideration. Is it even worth that though? :notsure:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I want to make sure the lighting changes to the kitchen are all sorted prior to the guys coming to do my reno so aside from clearing out most of the main level floor I ditched the old track light in the kitchen for three pot lights and two pendant lights. The only annoying part is that I needed to run it all on the single switch to avoid ripping the whole place apart. It should make for a nice bright space. I'll probably go with a dimmer switch and dimmable led pots and squirrel cage led Edison bulbs. I love that the 2nd level floor joists worked in my favor and minimal ceiling damage occurred to make it all happen, I literally only needed to cut one 4" hole right where the existing wiring passed by the pendant holes. :fuckyeah: ImageImage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Short of a few large items, the first floor has been totally emptied out. Everything except a few chairs, a kitchen table, ottoman, tv and a hand full of dishes will be left after tonight. It felt great to throw away huge amounts of crap we don't use. The kitchen alone takes up 7-8 boxes snd probably an entire garbage bag or two of stuff getting thrown out.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:28 am Short of a few large items, the first floor has been totally emptied out. Everything except a few chairs, a kitchen table, ottoman, tv and a hand full of dishes will be left after tonight. It felt great to throw away huge amounts of crap we don't use. The kitchen alone takes up 7-8 boxes snd probably an entire garbage bag or two of stuff getting thrown out.
:word:
It can feel so good to throw out so much :poop:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:28 am Short of a few large items, the first floor has been totally emptied out. Everything except a few chairs, a kitchen table, ottoman, tv and a hand full of dishes will be left after tonight. It felt great to throw away huge amounts of crap we don't use. The kitchen alone takes up 7-8 boxes snd probably an entire garbage bag or two of stuff getting thrown out.

We had three cheese graders.... just picked the best one and threw away the other two.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:45 am
wap wrote:

We had three cheese graders.... just picked the best one and threw away the other two.
Were the other two giving poor grades to cheese?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:23 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:45 am :dat:

:hue:
wap

:iswydt:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Nah they were effecting the cheese in a negative manner.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:roasted: Image

:whocares: Point was lost.... why have three of deez? The only thing we grate is mozzarella and rarely parmesan and the juan we kept does both well.

We feel cleansed... word to the wise just skip the garage sale ambitions, those thoughts just move the crap into the garage.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:10 pm :roasted: Image

:whocares: Point was lost.... why have three of deez? The only thing we grate is mozzarella and rarely parmesan and the juan we kept does both well.

We feel cleansed... word to the wise just skip the garage sale ambitions, those thoughts just move the crap into the garage.
I straight up throw out / recycle stuff. Lisa gets madbro at me saying someone could use that and let me see if anyone at the shop needs it. That's how we've had a microwave sitting in our basement for a year, or old pots and pans sitting around, etc. :rolleyes: She now has a shelf to keep all her "I'll eventually donate it" shit.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:14 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:43 am

I straight up throw out / recycle stuff. Lisa gets madbro at me saying someone could use that and let me see if anyone at the shop needs it. That's how we've had a microwave sitting in our basement for a year, or old pots and pans sitting around, etc. :rolleyes: She now has a shelf to keep all her "I'll eventually donate it" shit.
I now have a salvation army 2 blocks away - anything that's donate-able gets donated (gotta start tracking that for write-offs), everything else gets tossed or put on the curb for finders-keepers.

I can't wait to put the fucking treadmill in the basement on the curb.

I fucking hate clutter.
you will never get above the std deduction again ever :thankstrump:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:55 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:23 am

you will never get above the std deduction again ever :thankstrump:
Between wife’s mileage, work expenses, and home office deductions, I bet we will.
you are going to deduct 24k?

:yeahok:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh wow, how'd you come across this?

Some old :mahtroy: passed away and kept this thing pristine. Sad part is, this is in a terrible area. They'd be lucky to get $100k for it.

This is a few miles down Woodward from me. I should go take a look for :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

https://www.freep.com/story/money/busin ... 432754002/

:mindblown:

I'd go see this thing today if I wasn't already :drunk:
wap

Detroit wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:23 am https://www.freep.com/story/money/busin ... 432754002/

:mindblown:

I'd go see this thing today if I wasn't already :drunk:
:gag: