Should airfare be more expensive?

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:39 pm You should have to pay more if you're DFD-sized. You fucks take up 3 seats? Then pay triple.
Fuck you. I fit in the 95% percent American male, that means I should fit reasonably confortabally.
Build your own airplanes for fatasses.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:26 pm Or if you are wider than the seat you should not be allowed to have the seat, period... That should even be a safety concern.
This is already the requirement. If you are wider than the seat you buy another one.

https://www.smartertravel.com/2017/06/1 ... -policies/
That's either never enforced or not strict enough. How do I have the lardass next to me removed for violating the policy?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

As part of the DFD linebacker crew, I would love if there were more room. However as a poor, I’m not willing to pay extra and I’m resigned to the fact that my knees will be bruised from the seat in front of my after every flight.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:31 pm That's either never enforced or not strict enough. How do I have the lardass next to me removed for violating the policy?
Grab an FA before you sit down or as soon as they do. Once you are both in your seats for a couple minutes it's too late.
:bs:

You can't even know exactly how wide people are until you're both in the seats. Reading the policies in your link, though, it looks like fatties are generally allowed to take up my entire armrest at a minimum and even have their lard extend beyond the neutral zone into my seat.

The policy is too fatty-friendly on top of being unenforced.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Fuck you. I fit in the 95% percent American male, that means I should fit reasonably confortabally.
Build your own airplanes for fatasses.
I am not morbidly obese. No need. Example :I fit just fine in your tiny car
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:I find it interesting that I've been on about 200 flights in the last three years, probably 150 in poverty class, and I've literally run into an encroachment issue maybe three times? But somehow :mahtroy: who flies less in a decade than I do in a month thinks this is some sort if huge issue.
Big people aren't annoying when you're big too. Same thing with driving a :truk:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:02 pm
[user not found] wrote:I find it interesting that I've been on about 200 flights in the last three years, probably 150 in poverty class, and I've literally run into an encroachment issue maybe three times? But somehow :mahtroy: who flies less in a decade than I do in a month thinks this is some sort if huge issue.
Big people aren't annoying when you're big too. Same thing with driving a :truk:
you should buy a gun, carry it on the plane, and show it to those beside you. No one will encroach in your space. They might even upgrade you to cell class and you get a whole 8x10 to yourself
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:02 pm Big people aren't annoying when you're big too. Same thing with driving a :truk:
Bullshit. If someone is spilling over the arm rest into my seat that's probably MORE annoying to me since I use more of my seat than you do. You just like to complain and I don't.
I like it when people are fucking considerate, which when it comes to flying means you need to be skinny.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:06 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:05 pm I like it when people are fucking considerate, which when it comes to flying means you need to be skinny.
Buy a first class seat. Problem solved. You can afford it. :troywax:
no he can't.

He spends no money on anything because retirement.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:05 pm I like it when people are fucking considerate, which when it comes to flying means you need to be skinny.
200 lb people should have to do that, not us skinny folks.
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:07 pm
[user not found] wrote:
They don't deserve that.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:59 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:58 pm ITT: Fatties think that they're not fat because most people are also fat. :disgust:
You calling me fat bro?
:lolol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:07 pm
[user not found] wrote:
:lolol:

200lb people are obese. :impressive:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:07 pm 200 lb people should have to do that, not us skinny folks.
If you fit within the rules, you fit within the rules. I agree someone that doesn't fit within the rules should have to do it. Otherwise, realize letting the peasants on the plane is a huge part of the problem. Double the cost of the ticket so it matches inflation of all these years and you'd have more open seats or need less seats in the first place, like the old days.
The rules, which aren't even enforced, allow you to take up not just the seat but the entirety of both armrests. 2 people who "fit" cannot actually sit next to each other.

You should have to be able to fit without touching either armrest. Those are the neutral DMZs.
troyguitar

Big surprise though: Rich people think that poor people are the problem. Small people think that big people are the problem. No one thinks that they are the problem.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:31 pm
[user not found] wrote:
This is already the requirement. If you are wider than the seat you buy another one.

https://www.smartertravel.com/2017/06/1 ... -policies/
That's either never enforced or not strict enough. How do I have the lardass next to me removed for violating the policy?
Just stick a gun in his ear and tell him to rebook.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Holy fuck. This thread went where I expected it to.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

And as a big person, we can absolutely be considerate. I'm not wide enough to "spill over" (I always check) but i'm always courteous to the people that I sit next to. If I'm in the isle or window, I'll lean into the empty space a bit more so the person in the middle isn't crowded on and the middle gets the armrest on that side.

I have sat next to big people that don't do this. And big+big is not fun.

Though, my biggest beef with flying isn't really seat width but legroom. If you're fat, you can lose weight or buy two seats or whatever. With long legs, I can't exercise them shorter. I can't cut them off. First class is outrageously expensive, and premium or whatever poverty is only marginally better from my experience.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

And I would absolutely pay more to be on a flight with no minors.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:51 am Minors are annoying but animals have become downright :rage: inducing. Fucking emotional support animals.
Still haven't encountered this, but I don't fly that much. Very :wtf: inducing though. I don't get it at all.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

The "fat" people should use the skinny people as in-flight snacks.
razr390

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:05 am The "fat" people should use the skinny people as in-flight snacks.
Unless the skinny people buy guns.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:06 am
Apex wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:05 am The "fat" people should use the skinny people as in-flight snacks.
Unless the skinny people buy guns.
:bruh: You know it's only dumb :fatty: :truk: owners who buy guns.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

ho-lee-fuck

this. thread.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Troy you're on thin ice.

I know I'm a big dude, and that's a result of my own decisions, but the personal attacks need to stop.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.