Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Devilchrono wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:03 pm

Yes its theft. It's also extreme negligence on the owner's part. Many times when these cars are stolen they're just taken for joyrides and ultimately crashed into other cars/homes/buildings/etc. Sometimes people get really injured from that. IMO the owner is partly liable for that since they're the idiot that allowed it to happen in the first place.
:dat:

Former coworker of mine had her brand new Veloster stolen a week after buying it because she left it running while she ran in to get a coffee and cigs. It was recovered on the other side of the state 12 hours later. Even though the car was recovered without damage or incident with the police, her insurance still went up because it was left running unattended
what in teh fuck is your avatar. Its terrible.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:27 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:21 pm What is it with :truk: owners and leaving them running all of the time?

Some clown with a loud ass :truk: left it running in the middle of the street for over an hour last night, from around 2 to 3:20 in the fucking morning. I wanted to go do something about it, but I assume anyone who would own a :truk: probably also will want to shoot me for finding his inconsiderate ass to be annoying.

Fuck trucks. I hate the people of this fucking country.
look at that. i bet if you had a gun, you'd have gone looking for trouble! Thankfully you are unarmed.

Untrained people shouldn't have guns.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Former coworker of mine had her brand new Veloster stolen a week after buying it because she left it running while she ran in to get a coffee and cigs. It was recovered on the other side of the state 12 hours later. Even though the car was recovered without damage or incident with the police, her insurance still went up because it was left running unattended
:lolol:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:51 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:47 pm I only notice it in :truk: owners... Of course that is almost every single :haus: here. I'm tempted to install an electric cutout on the RX8 and OPEN the valve every time I'm in the neighborhood. I hate these people.
Diesels? Most people will idle diesels because they don't want to deal with glow plugs and warming up. Which is stupid because modern diesels are quick to start. Most of it is just dick flexing I think.
That's why I asked the diesel question, too. But you're right. My brother's 2012 JSW TDI fires right up even when it's below zero out.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:56 pm

I don’t understand how anyone will go in and take the car knowing it’s someone else’s property. Just like someone’s dog or child. Come on man. Theft is theft
Yes its theft. It's also extreme negligence on the owner's part. Many times when these cars are stolen they're just taken for joyrides and ultimately crashed into other cars/homes/buildings/etc. Sometimes people get really injured from that. IMO the owner is partly liable for that since they're the idiot that allowed it to happen in the first place.
Agreed.
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:06 pm

Couldn’t disagree more.
:wtf:
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

:lol:

Cosplayer Mariah Mallad, doing a lewd version of one of her cosplays. Here's the photo uncrompressed for the avatar:

NSFW: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4628/395 ... 3f0f_z.jpg

Here's another image from the same shoot:
NSFW: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4624/395 ... d055_b.jpg
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Couldn’t disagree more.
:dat: I'm going to go with you on this one.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:04 pm
Couldn’t disagree more.
Your car is your property, just because it is running doesn't make it someone else's. You could have many reasons for it.

Fuck most cars feature remote starts now... what does that mean? Should it be illegal?
You're free to get in and take off? Blame the owner for it? Because obviously, he wanted it stolen?

So if you don't "lock" your doors when driving through the :mahtroy: hood and someone pulls your door open and yanks you out of your car and steals it... it is your fault too?

What kind of ass backwards logic is this.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:30 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Your car is your property, just because it is running doesn't make it someone else's. You could have many reasons for it.

Fuck most cars feature remote starts now... what does that mean? Should it be illegal?
You're free to get in and take off? Blame the owner for it? Because obviously, he wanted it stolen?

So if you don't "lock" your doors when driving through the :mahtroy: hood and someone pulls your door open and yanks you out of your car and steals it... it is your fault too?

:dat: There shouldn't be a baseline assumption that the entire world is filled with criminals who will steal anything if given an opportunity.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:37 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:30 pm

:dat: There shouldn't be a baseline assumption that the entire world is filled with criminals who will steal anything if given an opportunity.
Shouldn't, but that's the reality.

Leave your iPhone on a city bench and see how long it lasts...

Leaving your car running unlocked with the keys in the ignition is negligence. Remote start locks the car and won't let it move from park.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

The world is rotten, essentially.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

AND always lock your doors in a bad hood. If someone walks up to your door, drive away. I've had it happen plenty to me driving in the bad areas. Be aware of yourself, your possessions, and your surroundings.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:43 pm The world is rotten, essentially.
:(
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:43 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:37 pm

Leaving your car running unlocked with the keys in the ignition is negligence. Remote start locks the car and won't let it move from park.
iPhone <<<>>> car though. You don’t normally leave a phone on a city bench. At that point it’s something you lost. But leaving a car running ... that means something entirely different
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:43 pm

iPhone <<<>>> car though. You don’t normally leave a phone on a city bench. At that point it’s something you lost. But leaving a car running ... that means something entirely different
Well if the iPhone isn't there when you come back then it was stolen, not lost. Same with leaving a bike unlocked outside on a busy street. A car though, if you have that same attitude, leave it running unlocked, and someone steals it, your actions have the chance of putting people in danger. Nobody is in danger when someone steals an iPhone or bicycle. Plenty of people are in danger when someone steals a car and goes on a high speed joyride/chase.

if you left a loaded gun on a park bench and just walked away from it would that be negligent? What if someone died from it, would it be traced back to you? You bet your ass it would.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:26 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:21 pm What is it with :truk: owners and leaving them running all of the time?

Some clown with a loud ass :truk: left it running in the middle of the street for over an hour last night, from around 2 to 3:20 in the fucking morning. I wanted to go do something about it, but I assume anyone who would own a :truk: probably also will want to shoot me for finding his inconsiderate ass to be annoying.

Fuck trucks. I hate the people of this fucking country.
That's pretty fucked up. Was it a diesel?

I never see that here, sure people leave them running when going into a corner store for a coke or something, but never for hours in the driveway.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:57 pm
Well if the iPhone isn't there when you come back then it was stolen, not lost. Same with leaving a bike unlocked outside on a busy street. A car though, if you have that same attitude, leave it running unlocked, and someone steals it, your actions have the chance of putting people in danger. Nobody is in danger when someone steals an iPhone or bicycle. Plenty of people are in danger when someone steals a car and goes on a high speed joyride/chase.

if you left a loaded gun on a park bench and just walked away from it would that be negligent? What if someone died from it, would it be traced back to you? You bet your ass it would.

Shutting off your car and taking your key with you has ZERO impact on anything. It's the same level of negligence as leaving a phone or gun unattended in public. Even in cold states like I live in, the car doesn't get that cold in 5 minutes. There's just no reason other :fullretard:
max225

Danger? As in someone who is asshole enough to the crime of stealing my car, and then ramming it into others is my fault? :mindblown:

We are in total disagreement on this.

It is my car I do what I please with it, it is my property. If I want to run it 24/7 so be it. Leave it unlocked so be it. It doesn't make me complicit in crimes that I have no part in. :wtf:
max225

Loaded gun=running car.

Like just ?! :wtf:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Danger? As in someone who is asshole enough to the crime of stealing my car, and then ramming it into others is my fault? :mindblown:

We are in total disagreement on this.

It is my car I do what I please with it, it is my property. If I want to run it 24/7 so be it. Leave it unlocked so be it. It doesn't make me complicit in crimes that I have no part in. :wtf:
Why is it OK to leave your car running unattended? It just makes zero sense.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:30 pm Loaded gun=running car.

Uh, vehicles can be used as weapons.

Have you forgotten about all the :bs: that happened in europe with this? It's not cool.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:30 pm Loaded gun=running car.

max225

Yep the car certainly pulled the trigger and targeted those ppl. Ban cars!
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:39 pm Yep the car certainly pulled the trigger and targeted those ppl. Ban cars!
Oh look, drawing conclusions nobody implied again.

Car owners need to exercise the same level of responsibility as gun owners. How is this not understandable?

Apparently you're cool with people running around leaving guns anywhere. Not the gun owner's fault that someone uses it for bad stuff.