Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
In your opinion.
Yeah man. Gravity is only a theory too. Einstein didn't know shit.

I believe I can fly.
Go to bed Troy, you're fucked up.

You think every one of your OPINIONS are facts and anyone that doesn't agree is a moron.

Not buying it.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

razr390 wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:24 pm You have beliefs of your own Troy. Just today you stated your life is worth at least $1,000,000 and the reason you’ll never be a cop is because they won’t pay you that much. Your life isn’t worth a dollar more than you actually earn.
:fax:

:mahtroy: is just another biological organism in the scientific planet of Earth full of other biological living beings. Living his life until he dies, and that's it.

:science:
You can't prove I'm not a Time Lord, therefore it's equally likely that I'm here from Melmac and will eat your cat.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Religion is faith based. If you're looking for facts or stats to prove or disprove it, you're missing the point.

Work on building your faith, not tearing down science. And using science to disprove religion with is pointless. They are not mutually exclusive ideas
Last edited by KYGTIGuy on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 pm
razr390 wrote:

:mahtroy: is just another biological organism in the scientific planet of Earth full of other biological living beings. Living his life until he dies, and that's it.

You can't prove I'm not a Time Lord, therefore it's equally likely that I'm here from Melmac and will eat your cat.
You're right.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 pm Yeah man. Gravity is only a theory too. Einstein didn't know shit.

I believe I can fly.

You think every one of your OPINIONS are facts and anyone that doesn't agree is a moron.

Not buying it.
That's you, bro. You've never been wrong about anything in your life. I can't think of much that I believed 10 years ago and still believe today. Almost everything I've done in the past 20 years has been wrong.

How can there possibly be this much resistance to the idea that feelings are not facts?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote:

Why do they never show your legs?
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:36 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:51 pm

There have to be, just by the shear numbers of planets out there. The most likely reason we haven't found life yet is simply the massively vast distances between planets.
The other complicating factor that is hand in hand with distance is time.
Yep. Dat pesky spacetime.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar

KYGTIGuy wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 pm You can't prove I'm not a Time Lord, therefore it's equally likely that I'm here from Melmac and will eat your cat.
I don't need legs. The theory of gravity is bullshit propaganda. That Einstein fuck was just trying to discredit :jesus:

Fucking Jews...
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:36 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:24 pm You have beliefs of your own Troy. Just today you stated your life is worth at least $1,000,000 and the reason you’ll never be a cop is because they won’t pay you that much. Your life isn’t worth a dollar more than you actually earn.

:dat:
He won't disagree with this.
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:37 pm OT was :fuckyeah: today. :amazing:

And it's not over yet!
It is for you. GO TO BED!
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:42 pm That's you, bro. You've never been wrong about anything in your life. I can't think of much that I believed 10 years ago and still believe today. Almost everything I've done in the past 20 years has been wrong.

How can there possibly be this much resistance to the idea that feelings are not facts?
Everyone that disagrees with you is pretty successful and you're the one complaining about your lack of success. Therefore feelings are definitely facts.
Aren't there at least as many poor jesus freaks as rich ones? :iono:

It's typically a trait of the undereducated.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:45 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:
I don't need legs. The theory of gravity is bullshit propaganda. That Einstein fuck was just trying to discredit :jesus:

Fucking Jews...
Yeah but you bounce as if you are locomoting via bipedal movement yet no one has ever seen your legs.

I demand answers.
wap

razr390 wrote:

I believe this. Good thing I don't have a cat!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:42 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

Not buying it.
That's you, bro. You've never been wrong about anything in your life. I can't think of much that I believed 10 years ago and still believe today. Almost everything I've done in the past 20 years has been wrong.

I've told you before, but this is the last time.

You are a fucking moron when you assume to know anything about me and make these comments.

Everyone here knows you have serious issues with communication and comprehension, including yourself as you have stated it many times in your poor me posts.

That's why I really didn't say anything all day and I just watched you spaz out on many topics like a fucking drug fiend.
Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar

KYGTIGuy wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:45 pm I don't need legs. The theory of gravity is bullshit propaganda. That Einstein fuck was just trying to discredit :jesus:

Fucking Jews...
Yeah but you bounce as if you are locomoting via bipedal movement yet no one has ever seen your legs.

I demand answers.
:jesus:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

troyguitar wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Agree to disagree on the brainwashing point, but my point stands. Religion does not preclude rational thought, as you proclaimed.

My beef is with your blanket statement that religion kills all rational thought. That’s just absurd.

Are there people in this country who think jesus promised them guns, hates gays, and appointed Trump? Sure! But there are lots, and I would guess far more, religious people who are also capable of critical and rational thinking on social issues (along with many other things). The author of that article on gun control I posted earlier (go read it if you skipped over it) is my uncle, a retired reverend.

It’s when people say things like “it’ll never change so I might as well do nothing” that leads to events like Trump getting elected.

Another thing to note. Calling people idiots and proclaiming their beliefs to be absolutely unequivocally wrong is the best way to have them double down on their beliefs/arguments. This has been proven in scientific studies. So doing so is in no way productive other than to reinforce your own beliefs and stroke ego.

Sent from the Beer Depository
The claim is that teaching kids that feelings are just as good as :fax: makes them significantly less likely to be able to make rational decisions as adults, not completely unable.

It's rare that I actually make an absolute blanket statement like you seem to think I always do... Though in the case of religion, I'd be OK with throwing out the good with the bad if it meant ending centuries of :bs: :caspian: :jesus: crap.
“Teaching kids to believe in fairy tales against all evidence is the root problem here and makes the citizenry in general unable to think critically.”

“Religion is why we can’t make rational decisions.”

If you can’t see how what you said is easily interpreted as a blanket statement then I’m just done here. You accuse me of typical behavior, but right back at ya buddy. You resort to semantics whenever backed up, you the guy who says ‘say exactly what you mean’ all the time to others. This is either a conscious tactic, or you really can’t understand how you are doing exactly what you always accuse others of. Those statements I quoted, with no further explanation, absolutely are easily interpreted as blanket statements that religion and all those who have faith are fundamentally inferior at...thinking? I guess? I doubt anyone else on the board would disagree with me. At the very least you had to clarify it for me with this post I quoted here. I still disagree with you but at least your thoughts make more sense.

:therapist:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:44 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:42 pm That's you, bro. You've never been wrong about anything in your life. I can't think of much that I believed 10 years ago and still believe today. Almost everything I've done in the past 20 years has been wrong.

Everyone that disagrees with you is pretty successful and you're the one complaining about your lack of success. Therefore feelings are definitely facts.
:wat:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:50 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:

I demand answers.
:jesus:
Don't be using no fucking Alf refrences if you ain't ready to go balls deep.

:like:
razr390

I make a Tea and shit blows up beyond blowing up.

We all need to log off, take a nice :fap: or :dock: and re-evaluate tomorrow morning.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

Calvinball wrote:
troyguitar wrote:The claim is that teaching kids that feelings are just as good as :fax: makes them significantly less likely to be able to make rational decisions as adults, not completely unable.

It's rare that I actually make an absolute blanket statement like you seem to think I always do... Though in the case of religion, I'd be OK with throwing out the good with the bad if it meant ending centuries of :bs: :caspian: :jesus: crap.
“Teaching kids to believe in fairy tales against all evidence is the root problem here and makes the citizenry in general unable to think critically.”

“Religion is why we can’t make rational decisions.”

If you can’t see how what you said is easily interpreted as a blanket statement then I’m just done here. You accuse me of typical behavior, but right back at ya buddy. You resort to semantics whenever backed up, you the guy who says ‘say exactly what you mean’ all the time to others. This is either a conscious tactic, or you really can’t understand how you are doing exactly what you always accuse others of. Those statements I quoted, with no further explanation, absolutely are easily interpreted as blanket statements that religion and all those who have faith are fundamentally inferior at...thinking? I guess? I doubt anyone else on the board would disagree with me. At the very least you had to clarify it for me with this post I quoted here. I still disagree with you but at least your thoughts make more sense.

You're right, I should have been more clear but tried to be brief-ish instead. That was a bad idea.

God forbid I assume that we all agree on the obvious: Some people are able to grow up with religion and think critically about some subjects. Some religious people are able to make rational decisions sometimes.

The fact that I needed to clarify that is kind of upsetting - You really think that little of me to assume that I wouldn't acknowledge the above?
Last edited by troyguitar on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:57 pm I make a Tea and shit blows up beyond blowing up.

We all need to log off, take a nice :fap: or :dock: and re-evaluate tomorrow morning.
I said go to bed!
troyguitar

KYGTIGuy wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:50 pm :jesus:
Don't be using no fucking Alf refrences if you ain't ready to go balls deep.

:like:
IIRC he's on Netflix now, or some other free service. 5/7 show.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:57 pm I make a Tea and shit blows up beyond blowing up.

Great idea.

I need to go get some beauty rest since nothing ever goes wrong for me or requires any real work. Everything just comes up roses with no effort at all. :TroyFacts:

Later bitches.
razr390

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:04 pm

Great idea.

I need to go get some beauty rest since nothing ever goes wrong for me or requires any real work. Everything just comes up roses with no effort at all. :TroyFacts:

Later bitches.
:idbu: :csb: :waxer:

:wub:
razr390

wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:02 pm

I said go to bed!
yes :wap:

:wub: