Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:12 pm Akro prices their DP for this car at $3k through their local distributor (asked at the car show today). Once installed and tuned the warranty is gonzo. So that's a big commitment that I just can't justify. It would take a special person.

20k off sounds a little stretched considering that the car is a special order. Doesn't make sense to me but i dont know.
Used doe. So $65k MSRP car, some farts, nobody knows it exists, and it's a non-desirable color to the general public. I could see getting this for $40-45k used.
Ops my bad. Yeah a nice "upgrade" for someone who only wants 2 seats. Id rather get a new R over this or the S3 because #vapenation #hatch4lyfe #marriedwithcrotchfruit #toocheaptopaydeliveryfees
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tuned w a downpipe and this is likely high 3s 0-60
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:40 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:03 pm Looks like there might be a :notbad: :scrooge: new tire option available soon:

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/generals ... -are-made/

http://generaltire.com/tires/performance/g-max-rs

ATTN :poorvette: OWNERS: 275/40/17 is one of the sizes being made.
I need 295/35/18, doe. Which of course, isn't an option.
:sass:

I'd have gone 255/285 anyway on those :ramz:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Used doe. So $65k MSRP car, some farts, nobody knows it exists, and it's a non-desirable color to the general public. I could see getting this for $40-45k used.
Ops my bad. Yeah a nice "upgrade" for someone who only wants 2 seats. Id rather get a new R over this or the S3 because #vapenation #hatch4lyfe #marriedwithcrotchfruit #toocheaptopaydeliveryfees
4 seats
2 doors doe
But has a hatch
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:34 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:28 pm Ops my bad. Yeah a nice "upgrade" for someone who only wants 2 seats. Id rather get a new R over this or the S3 because #vapenation #hatch4lyfe #marriedwithcrotchfruit #toocheaptopaydeliveryfees
4 seats
2 doors doe
But has a hatch
It’s practically a van!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:35 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:34 pm
Now this is cool, as opposed to fucking jerking it to a Hyundai. Come on people. I got shit for the civic but a venerial is cool?! :gtfo:
I actually don't think this car is cool at all. It's questionable whether this green is pulled off on an RSR, it is most certainly not pulled off on this. The DUB chrome RAMZ are hideous. It's a Miami Vice version of an Audi? It's really just a garish GoRf Karmann Ghia. :gag: :butwhy: :dafuq:
Exactly my thoughts, but I was going to keep them to myself. Since you chimed in, I will agree.

Also, I went to the Audi website and saw the TTRS... how :fullretard: is this.... as part of the "Dynamic Plus package" you pay $6,000 for CF engine cover, Direct TPMS, Front ceramic brakes, OLED taillights, RS fixed sport suspension and 174mph top speed limiter.

So, you end up with mis-matched brakes, carbon up front and iron out back. :wtf: Audi... :wtf:
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:41 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:35 pm

I actually don't think this car is cool at all. It's questionable whether this green is pulled off on an RSR, it is most certainly not pulled off on this. The DUB chrome RAMZ are hideous. It's a Miami Vice version of an Audi? It's really just a garish GoRf Karmann Ghia. :gag: :butwhy: :dafuq:
Exactly my thoughts, but I was going to keep them to myself. Since you chimed in, I will agree.

Also, I went to the Audi website and saw the TTRS... how :fullretard: is this.... as part of the "Dynamic Plus package" you pay $6,000 for CF engine cover, Direct TPMS, Front ceramic brakes, OLED taillights, RS fixed sport suspension and 174mph top speed limiter.

So, you end up with mis-matched brakes, carbon up front and iron out back. :wtf: Audi... :wtf:
Yeah and single rate shocks vs the 3-mode dynamic shocks that come on the standard car :fullretard:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:41 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:34 pm

4 seats
2 doors doe
But has a hatch
It’s practically a van!
Yas. But rather ideal as a puppy hauler as those rear seats are for things without legs.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:28 pm Ops my bad. Yeah a nice "upgrade" for someone who only wants 2 seats. Id rather get a new R over this or the S3 because #vapenation #hatch4lyfe #marriedwithcrotchfruit #toocheaptopaydeliveryfees
4 seats
2 doors doe
But has a hatch
Neat
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:19 pm How are you liking the dct in the m2? That’s my main concern with the m3. I wasn’t super happy with that trans in the test drive
The M4 I drove today was fantastic, and the M3s I've driven in the past have been fine.

My only qualms about any DCT I've driven thus far aside from Porsche's PDK is how long it takes to engage reverse.
These things are coming along nicely, night and day in my experience between mk6 and mk7. No idea about real men's cars like da porsche or Ultimate Bobble Machine
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gen 1 honda shitvic? Put a K20 in it :fullretard:

:wub: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tiguan vs Tiguan R-Line

Turns out Europe released our ver of the R-Line from the giddy-up and we are just now seeing the handsome version this year.

Still :whocares: but it looks niceImageImage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Other colorful veedub things fyiImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Things that are "more than you can afford, pal"

The LC has a 5L v8 with 470hp so I consider it a comfortable/refined corvette from Japan. It's a nice blue too.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Listen guys, the Lobster is ugly. I'm sorry.

I didn't mind the look of the aquatic neon yellow frog thing though....ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Honda products looking :notbad: after spending enough time with the KoreansImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Kia Sphincter looking ok. I enjoyed sitting in it and blasted beat45 on Serious with bass cranked all the way up right as i got out for the next passer buyers. Not sure why. Just seemed right. These are my quirks.ImageImageImageImageImage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Kings of marketing, this was the first thing you see when you walk in. ImageImageImage
Johnny_P

Hyundai Kona looks good.

I dig the purple dubs. Wish you could actually get them in that color.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:Hyundai Kona looks good.

I can, you can't. Golf R and E-golf have the $2999 30 paint pallet option including dat purp.

I heard Muricans mentioning their dissatisfaction with the limitations on vape forums. Weird man, such :butwhy:
troyguitar

Tarspin wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:Hyundai Kona looks good.

I can, you can't. Golf R and E-golf have the $2999 30 paint pallet option including dat purp.

I heard Muricans mentioning their dissatisfaction with the limitations on vape forums. Weird man, such :butwhy:
We can get the custom colors, but only on Audi and Porsche stuff. :thanksobama:

That being said, a base A3 Quattro with a cool color and sport package for like $35k isn't too bad. The problem is that it's worth $15k in 3-4 years.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote:
Tarspin wrote:I can, you can't. Golf R and E-golf have the $2999 30 paint pallet option including dat purp.

We can get the custom colors, but only on Audi and Porsche stuff. :thanksobama:

That being said, a base A3 Quattro with a cool color and sport package for like $35k isn't too bad. The problem is that it's worth $15k in 3-4 years.
I think people sell their cars way too often. Keeping a new 35k car for 8-10 yrs isn't terrible is it?
troyguitar

Tarspin wrote:
troyguitar wrote:We can get the custom colors, but only on Audi and Porsche stuff. :thanksobama:

I think people sell their cars way too often. Keeping a new 35k car for 8-10 yrs isn't terrible is it?
Same problem... It's worth $5k then. If you started with a $60k Cayman it would lose (cost) the same $30k, so why bother with the A3?

Start with a $60k used 911 and it'll still be worth $40k+ in the same 8-10 years... You save money by buying better cars.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote:
Tarspin wrote:I think people sell their cars way too often. Keeping a new 35k car for 8-10 yrs isn't terrible is it?
Same problem... It's worth $5k then. If you started with a $60k Cayman it would lose (cost) the same $30k, so why bother with the A3?

Start with a $60k used 911 and it'll still be worth $40k+ in the same 8-10 years... You save money by buying better cars.
Yup i get that, but the better cars are less usable then an A3 over the time frame and maint/fuel is double or tripple. Either way, all three of those options are cheaper then leasing something for 600/mth and that's where I'm thinking that buy and hold whatever is cheaper then :plac: or lease. Plus there's tax and tags etc which also lean the equation towards long term car ownershit. I never did the math in great detail just guesstimating.
troyguitar

Tarspin wrote:I'm thinking that buy and hold whatever is cheaper then :plac: or lease.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

Especially if you're a :derp: like me who mods everything at least a little bit.

Dunno if I'll ever get to that point :doe:

I think my only chance at eliminating :plac: is if I get a garaj mahal so that my stupidity can be focused on a race car, while the DD and tow vehicles are mere tools that don't get traded until they're falling apart.