:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:14 pm Looks like the 09+ RWD FX35/37 is rare as fuck, I can't even find a review of one.

AWD FEVER. :truk: :truk: :jeep: :minivan:
Yea, I think the vast majority were AWD.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:14 pm Looks like the 09+ RWD FX35/37 is rare as fuck, I can't even find a review of one.

AWD FEVER. :truk: :truk: :jeep: :minivan:
I think most were sold with AWD. But the AWD system on these is the rather good Nissan ATTESA E-TS, where it only powers the rears the vast majority of the time, and the fronts are merely traction aids.

All the FX's I'm finding have over 80k on them. Seems people kept these.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:10 pm
Guess it's time for another sabbatical.
YTHO

Man. You guys are fucking dense. I never said everyone should go get one? I was merely stating that it's :fullretard: to buy a Macan on the pretense that you're getting an enthusiast vehicle when you can buy a hot hatch for far less that'll be a better enthusiast vehicle, and to leave CUVs to what they're intended for.. which is basically the RX's ethos of comfy people hauling. And then got curious about what they're like to drive. I can respect the vehicle for what it is, even if that is a rolling crate of Novocaine.
Why can't a crossover or :truk: be fun? This is why I left last time. The complete inability to see other perspectives is just :mindblown:

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
:deadhorse: :derp: :deadhorse:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:14 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:10 pm

Think of all the LC this could carry doe :mindblown:

No I'm not saying everyone should go buy one. I'm asking because I think its a well made interesting looking vehicle with a solid engine and transmission pairing on a well sorted chassis that won't give me BS? Wondering for the inevitable STI replacement with an NFG CUV.

It has no sporting intentions so I understand why it's getting shit on here, it goes against what everyone on this forum wants in an automobile. But I'm someone that really appreciates things like the Accord and Camry, and can appreciate this too. I just have no wheel time in one so don't know dick about how they are to pilot.
You're assumption that crossovers are inherently terrible so the only option is the most vanilla is flawed.

Why can't a crossover be fun? Because they CAN be. Anything can be fun if it's designed right.

:mindblown: :science: :nuke: :popcorn:
Just more of my bs unfounded opinions. Which I stated I had no basis for these and which is why I was asking if anyone had driving time in one....
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:20 pm

YTHO

Man. You guys are fucking dense. I never said everyone should go get one? I was merely stating that it's :fullretard: to buy a Macan on the pretense that you're getting an enthusiast vehicle when you can buy a hot hatch for far less that'll be a better enthusiast vehicle, and to leave CUVs to what they're intended for.. which is basically the RX's ethos of comfy people hauling. And then got curious about what they're like to drive. I can respect the vehicle for what it is, even if that is a rolling crate of Novocaine.
Why can't a crossover or :truk: be fun? This is why I left last time. The complete inability to see other perspectives is just :mindblown:

I never said a truck can't be fun. I also never said a truck is a wasteful piece of shit. And 99% of this forum feels exactly the same way, as we have told you multiple times.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:42 pm I think an RX350 is kill yourself status. Come on guise. Lets be real here.

FX35? Or better FX50? That's another story.
I've only ever seen late middle age ladies driving them. :disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:10 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:06 pm

It's an ES350 with a lift kit? Of course it is "nice".....its a Lexus. It will run for a quarter million miles, just change the oil and the tires. Sit up high brah! No scraping, nor striking parking stops! 4X4. Room for stuff! All of us should trade in our pavement scraping mullet barges, winged flatbrim JDM rally cars, dorito engined gas guzzlers, and buy a new one of these and keep it for 15 years. And shut down every f!$##ing car thread on this forum because there will be nothing more to discuss. We can focus on Crang's love life, building shit out of recycled barnwood and using a f!@#$$ing instapot to reheat Little Caesar's, the best f1#$ing deep dish pizza of all time.
Think of all the LC this could carry doe :mindblown:

No I'm not saying everyone should go buy one. I'm asking because I think its a well made interesting looking vehicle with a solid engine and transmission pairing on a well sorted chassis that won't give me BS? Wondering for the inevitable STI replacement with an NFG CUV.

It has no sporting intentions so I understand why it's getting shit on here, it goes against what everyone on this forum wants in an automobile. But I'm someone that really appreciates things like the Accord and Camry, and can appreciate this too. I just have no wheel time in one so don't know dick about how they are to pilot.
It is one of the most sensible, reliable, practical, do it all vehicles ever made, is powered by the Toyota V6 which is bulletproof AND powerful. It's quiet and smooth, like most every non IS Lexus. It checks most of the boxes that most of the planet wants checked. Which is why Lexus sells 2 billion of them. You cannot swing a dead cat without hitting one here. Nice interior plus reliable plus sit up high? OLD PERSON'S WET DREAM BRO. Also popular with low density breeders.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:06 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Have you driven one? Legit curious. I have not driven one but have been a passenger in one and thought it was pretty nice overall for a car with 180k on the clock.
It's an ES350 with a lift kit? Of course it is "nice".....its a Lexus. It will run for a quarter million miles, just change the oil and the tires. Sit up high brah! No scraping, nor striking parking stops! 4X4. Room for stuff! All of us should trade in our pavement scraping mullet barges, winged flatbrim JDM rally cars, dorito engined gas guzzlers, and buy a new one of these and keep it for 15 years. And shut down every f!$##ing car thread on this forum because there will be nothing more to discuss. We can focus on Crang's love life, building shit out of recycled barnwood and using a f!@#$$ing instapot to reheat Little Caesar's, the best f1#$ing deep dish pizza of all time.
:disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

YTHO

:science:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:41 pm

:science:
:dat:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I would rock the fuck out of a Macan if I didn't live IN THE DESERT. If you live in anyplace with weather or potholes, or a wife who pulls all the way forward in every parking stall (that's a lot of you bros), the combination of POWER and ground clearance, and not killing yourself are hard to beat. The interior is just like a Gayman. And I think they look pretty sharp, unlike the Cayenne, which I've never gotten behind.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:24 pm

I never said a truck can't be fun. I also never said a truck is a wasteful piece of shit. And 99% of this forum feels exactly the same way, as we have told you multiple times.
:dat:

The FiST is a useless :jalepenis: hatchback with a twistbeam rear end.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:07 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:44 pm

I'd rather roll in my crown vic than a RX350, at least it has some kind of "history" behind it. RX350 is your asian step moms car. :disgust:
Is this just the baked-in "I'll never drive a Camry!" :wap: argument or is there some basis to why you don't like the RX? Just assess it as a vehicle and ignore the stigma. I mean I bought a flat brim vapemobile that only rich white stoner kids who listen to deadmau5 are interested in despite me having no interest in that lifestyle at all...
Like the same reason I don't necessarily want a CR-V or a RAV-4 they are just very female ownershit oriented cars. Same with the forester and lesbians. Is it a bad car... not exactly. But why spend all that money on the badge and something that is just generally not fun overly comfortable or stylish.
Why not get a buick for 4-5k and do the same shit.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:51 pm I would rock the fuck out of a Macan if I didn't live IN THE DESERT. If you live in anyplace with weather or potholes, or a wife who pulls all the way forward in every parking stall (that's a lot of you bros), the combination of POWER and ground clearance, and not killing yourself are hard to beat. The interior is just like a Gayman. And I think they look pretty sharp, unlike the Cayenne, which I've never gotten behind.
They're interesting. A guy at work has one, I noticed it today. If they actually are really good to drive then I bet they'd be a hoot to own. I'm wondering if it's good to drive vs another random CUV, or good to drive vs a sports sedan, or good to drive vs a 911.... People say they're great but IDK what their frame of reference is.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:15 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Is this just the baked-in "I'll never drive a Camry!" :wap: argument or is there some basis to why you don't like the RX? Just assess it as a vehicle and ignore the stigma. I mean I bought a flat brim vapemobile that only rich white stoner kids who listen to deadmau5 are interested in despite me having no interest in that lifestyle at all...
Like the same reason I don't necessarily want a CR-V or a RAV-4 they are just very female ownershit oriented cars. Same with the forester and lesbians. Is it a bad car... not exactly. But why spend all that money on the badge and something that is just generally not fun overly comfortable or stylish.
Why not get a buick for 4-5k and do the same shit.
Good point
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:24 pm

Seriously some major :baby: shit again. Everyone loves your god damn truck get over yourself.
troyguitar

Dave is the only person here who doesn't kind of want a :truk:

Even I want a tow vehicle of some kind - and a :truk: is the most cost effective one because of resale value. $20k new base Ranger when it comes out will be the logical best choice - or a fully depreciated $5k RWD full-size van.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:51 pm I would rock the fuck out of a Macan if I didn't live IN THE DESERT. If you live in anyplace with weather or potholes, or a wife who pulls all the way forward in every parking stall (that's a lot of you bros), the combination of POWER and ground clearance, and not killing yourself are hard to beat. The interior is just like a Gayman. And I think they look pretty sharp, unlike the Cayenne, which I've never gotten behind.
Cayenne and Macan look pretty much the same to everyone outside of this circle jerk forum.
Which one is which bro?!

max225

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:21 pm Dave is the only person here who doesn't kind of want a :truk:

Even I want a tow vehicle of some kind - and a :truk: is the most cost effective one because of resale value. $20k new base Ranger when it comes out will be the logical best choice - or a fully depreciated $5k RWD full-size van.
Because dave is a god damn Kraut
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:21 pm Dave is the only person here who doesn't kind of want a :truk:

:woodplow: a van. No desire for :truk:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar

4zilch wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:24 pm

If they were to cost the same to buy and to own (i.e. insurance+depreciation), then I'd prefer a medium sized van - think 90s full size or so. Bigger than a transit connect with power and real towing ability, but smaller than a current full-size... but the only thing even close to that is a fucking $50k Mercedes thing that'll likely be worth $10k in 10 years, while a $20k ranger will be worth $15k and cost zero to repair/maintain during that time.
max225

I don't expect this truk resale BS to last. They were the cheapest vehicles to buy period for most of the time due to their high production numbers and little use for DD'ing.
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 pm I don't expect this truk resale BS to last. They were the cheapest vehicles to buy period for most of the time due to their high production numbers and little use for DD'ing.
Pods aren't going to kill the :truk:

HOME OWNERSHIT :bruh:

You know you want a :truk:

You NEED a :truk: if you own a home, they're like wine and cheese.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:29 pm
4zilch wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:24 pm

If they were to cost the same to buy and to own (i.e. insurance+depreciation), then I'd prefer a medium sized van - think 90s full size or so. Bigger than a transit connect with power and real towing ability, but smaller than a current full-size... but the only thing even close to that is a fucking $50k Mercedes thing that'll likely be worth $10k in 10 years, while a $20k ranger will be worth $15k and cost zero to repair/maintain during that time.
Get an older Econoline. They're damn near impossible to kill.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:22 pm
Cayenne and Macan look pretty much the same to everyone outside of this circle jerk forum.
Which one is which bro?!

:impressive: the only way I know which is which is by the black plastic moulding island at the bottom of the doors on the Macan.