So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:08 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:00 pm Not useless but I bought about $400 in power tools off Amazon recently and wanted to return one saw in the set, Amazon told me just to keep it all and they would refund all the cash.
:amazing:
Milwaukee Fuel muggalugga
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:30 pm This arrives tomorrow. Finally, a much better use for the guest bedroom than guests.

https://www.costco.com/Wine-Enthusiast- ... 83942.html
:fuckyeah:

I need one of these.

The wife was :notsure: last year and talked me into a ~40 bottle two zone unit. Really wish I would have went for a larger unit like this since all I care about are reds.

I definitely need your feedback on this one after you set it up.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:00 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:57 pm

5/7 villain chair is 5/7
Jetsons doe.

:ohdang: That looks exactly like it! :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:00 pm Not useless but I bought about $400 in power tools off Amazon recently and wanted to return one saw in the set, Amazon told me just to keep it all and they would refund all the cash.
Wow. :impressive:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:24 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:30 pm This arrives tomorrow. Finally, a much better use for the guest bedroom than guests.

https://www.costco.com/Wine-Enthusiast- ... 83942.html

I need one of these.

The wife was :notsure: last year and talked me into a ~40 bottle two zone unit. Really wish I would have went for a larger unit like this since all I care about are reds.

It is my belief that I am getting the Costco version of this http://www.wineenthusiast.com/n-finity- ... cellar.asp, which is $2699 at WE.
We have an undercounter unit that will now be used for white/champagne. I got a bit of an eyeroll for throwing down on this but resistance has turned into enthusiasm.
It will allow me to buy by the case when prices are good and then not worry about storage during the summer. Ain't no basements in the desert.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:06 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:24 pm

I need one of these.

It is my belief that I am getting the Costco version of this http://www.wineenthusiast.com/n-finity- ... cellar.asp, which is $2699 at WE.
We have an undercounter unit that will now be used for white/champagne. I got a bit of an eyeroll for throwing down on this but resistance has turned into enthusiasm.
It will allow me to buy by the case when prices are good and then not worry about storage during the summer. Ain't no basements in the desert.
This is my concern too. I get 12 bottles from Grgich per quarter as it is, then add anything else I buy and I'm in a panic to drink before a shipment arrives.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Oooo. I bought a big ass Napoleon grill last summer. All aluminum cook box, stainless steel cabinet, infrared side burner up to 1800 degrees, infrared rotisserie....

This ain't no Home Depot special.
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:59 am Oooo. I bought a big ass Napoleon grill last summer. All aluminum cook box, stainless steel cabinet, infrared side burner up to 1800 degrees, infrared rotisserie....

:impressive:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

KYGTIGuy wrote:Oooo. I bought a big ass Napoleon grill last summer. All aluminum cook box, stainless steel cabinet, infrared side burner up to 1800 degrees, infrared rotisserie....

I need a new bbq this summer. I want something compact that gets evenly hot and zero frills. I should start checking for :dill: s now!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I've got a doozy of a day tomorrow morning ripping into the godzilla of robots and about 30 of the bolts are M16x115 and on an awekward angle. Finally invested in one of these, and angled and very compact ratchet with 1/2" driver. Image
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:33 pm I've got a doozy of a day tomorrow morning ripping into the godzilla of robots and about 30 of the bolts are M16x115 and on an awekward angle. Finally invested in one of these, and angled and very compact ratchet with 1/2" driver. Image
I bought the 3/8" version of that viewtopic.php?p=214680#p214680

It's not bad, but could use a bit more torque. Hopefully the 1/2 version is better for you.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:30 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:Oooo. I bought a big ass Napoleon grill last summer. All aluminum cook box, stainless steel cabinet, infrared side burner up to 1800 degrees, infrared rotisserie....

I need a new bbq this summer. I want something compact that gets evenly hot and zero frills. I should start checking for :dill: s now!
Napoleon makes some great grills. I think they just came our with some newer smaller grills but most of their stuff is larger, it was at least. More features than Weber.

Worth checking out. Pretty happy with mine.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:33 pm I've got a doozy of a day tomorrow morning ripping into the godzilla of robots and about 30 of the bolts are M16x115 and on an awekward angle. Finally invested in one of these, and angled and very compact ratchet with 1/2" driver. Image
I bought the 3/8" version of that viewtopic.php?p=214680#p214680

It's not bad, but could use a bit more torque. Hopefully the 1/2 version is better for you.
I am not sure, but when i took a quick glance at the 3/8 it might have said 30 lb-ft. Either way I still need to break bolts loose and use a torque wrench to get them snugged back up. Hopefully :thisisfine:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I love Milwaukee's M12 stuff. I end up using my M12 drill/driver more than my M18 fuel.

Next purchase is the M12 die grinder
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:30 pm I need a new bbq this summer. I want something compact that gets evenly hot and zero frills. I should start checking for :dill: s now!
Napoleon makes some great grills. I think they just came our with some newer smaller grills but most of their stuff is larger, it was at least. More features than Weber.

Worth checking out. Pretty happy with mine.
Weber is obviously the staple/pinnacle of charing meat but it also comes with a heavy price tag so I want to get to know the products available before buying one. Thanks for the heads up on Napoleon
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:12 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:06 pm

This is my concern too. I get 12 bottles from Grgich per quarter as it is, then add anything else I buy and I'm in a panic to drink before a shipment arrives.

Set up, filled to 2/3 capacity

The highs:

1. Seems well constructed, glass door is heavy/solid.
2. VERY quiet.
3. Works as advertised, all vino resting at 54 degrees
4. Easily reversible door
5. Top shelf is double size for big bottles
6. Puts off little heat out the front vent when running

The lows:

1. The "light" is a joke, blue LEDs shining down from top, purely decorative.
2. The rated capacity is for "thin" bottles. A lot of wine comes in thicker, wider than minimum size bottles that will take up more space, NBD.

Obviously, the real question is "how long will it last?" It has a 2 year warranty, which is a good start. It's Chinese, so the the compressor isn't made by Aryans in the Ruhr Valley.

It's a nice product and it's great to pull wine out at the right temp. Things like temp, aeration, and a decent glass can go a long way in maximizing the value of even inexpensive wine.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:06 pm

The highs:

2. VERY quiet.

The lows:

2. The rated capacity is for "thin" bottles. A lot of wine comes in thicker, wider than minimum size bottles that will take up more space, NBD.

Obviously, the real question is "how long will it last?" It has a 2 year warranty, which is a good start. It's Chinese, so the the compressor isn't made by Aryans in the Ruhr Valley.

It's a nice product and it's great to pull wine out at the right temp. Things like temp, aeration, and a decent glass can go a long way in maximizing the value of even inexpensive wine.
Awesome, thanks.

The highs outweigh the lows for sure, I don't mind the light issue or the capacity, I expected that from the one I have. I have a few bottles that need to be "massaged" into the fridge I have now by lifting the shelf above it.

This is an inverter compressor unit that runs quiet and doesn't "spring" on and off, right?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

The highs:

2. VERY quiet.

The lows:

That couch looks REALLY small.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:26 pm

The highs:

2. VERY quiet.

The lows:

I looked back and then literally :lolgasm:

Thank you for this :hue:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:56 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:59 am Oooo. I bought a big ass Napoleon grill last summer. All aluminum cook box, stainless steel cabinet, infrared side burner up to 1800 degrees, infrared rotisserie....

I want a badass grill.
I can't recommend Napoleon enough. I got the prestige pro 500. Stainless steal grill grates are a must. I wanted infrared side burner too.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I have a Weber Spirit I got last summer. I'm impressed enough with it.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The highs:

2. VERY quiet.

The lows:

I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it.

:hue:
wap

The highs:

2. VERY quiet.

The lows:

Nah man, the wine cooler is 20 ft tall.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:05 pm I can't recommend Napoleon enough. I got the prestige pro 500. Stainless steal grill grates are a must. I wanted infrared side burner too.
:impressive: about 1k less than Weber for the same features.

I can't figure out where they are made besides "North America" so I am guessing Mexico?
Mexico North, aka Barrie Ontario. Some German guy started the company in 76.

https://www.napoleongrills.com/About-Us
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:35 pm Mexico North, aka Barrie Ontario. Some German guy started the company in 76.

https://www.napoleongrills.com/About-Us
Nice! I'm it would be fine in Mexico but is prefer from up that way.
:like:

We do the human rights thing and equal wages thing better then Mexico does, so thank you!