OT Numero Uno: My ding ding dong

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Guess I better whore while I can.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote:Not sure why so late on a Friday, just got a call from my boss that I'm getting more responsibility at work.

I expressed concern that it would cut into my DFD time.
I like your priorities.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I think they're in order nicely.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote:Not sure why so late on a Friday, just got a call from my boss that I'm getting more responsibility at work.

I expressed concern that it would cut into my DFD time.
Also more monies?

Yep..."to be discussed at my review in December" but they want me taking on stuff next week...which is weird because we're off Tuesday and Friday.

Whatever.
ChrisoftheNorth

Problem is, I don't like my job, and now I'm going to be doing even more of it. More money and exposure, doe...should help move up.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote:Problem is, I don't like my job, and now I'm going to be doing even more of it. More money and exposure, doe...should help move up.
You seem to be doing alright at a job you hate so :iono:
Just because I hate it doesn't mean I don't do a good job. I pride myself in doing well at anything, regardless of how I feel about it. I guess that's how I get stuck doing shit I hate.

I rock the boat a lot and work out of process to get shit done. I thought that was going to be discouraged...but apparently not.

Hopefully another year or so and I can move onto something else.
ChrisoftheNorth

I was just hoping to move on sooner, oh well.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Just because I hate it doesn't mean I don't do a good job. I pride myself in doing well at anything, regardless of how I feel about it. I guess that's how I get stuck doing shit I hate.

I rock the boat a lot and work out of process to get shit done. I thought that was going to be discouraged...but apparently not.

Hopefully another year or so and I can move onto something else.
I'd think Barra (and her people) wants people like you who aren't going through the motions.
Well, she and her people need to recognize how frustrating it is for someone like me. I've expressed this to my boss, maybe not with enough clarity. I shall correct this in my review since I made it clear I wanted to leave, so they just gave me more products to manage instead.
:notsure:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote:I was just hoping to move on sooner, oh well.
Doesn't prevent it
No, but it means staying longer than the turn of the year. When I got blocked for a move a month or so back, they said there were plans, which I was hoping would somehow be different responsibilities.

Instead, I just got more of the same. Which means I'll be super busy doing a job I still don't like. I think my boss read me being displeased as being bored instead of being not a good fit for the job (I'm not because I look at things wrong as an "enthusiast" or whatever).

I'll give him a dose of clarity in my review.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: No, but it means staying longer than the turn of the year. When I got blocked for a move a month or so back, they said there were plans, which I was hoping would somehow be different responsibilities.

Instead, I just got more of the same. Which means I'll be super busy doing a job I still don't like. I think my boss read me being displeased as being bored instead of being not a good fit for the job (I'm not because I look at things wrong as an "enthusiast" or whatever).

I'll give him a dose of clarity in my review.
Definitely. SS could use some accessories.

I'm taking over a number of crossovers.
:rolleyes:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: I'm taking over a number of crossovers.
:rolleyes:
SS is a crossover between a Camaro and a sedan.

:lolol: :notbad:

SS get no love, sadly.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Well, she and her people need to recognize how frustrating it is for someone like me. I've expressed this to my boss, maybe not with enough clarity. I shall correct this in my review since I made it clear I wanted to leave, so they just gave me more products to manage instead.
:notsure:
Connect with her on LinkedIn and ask if she's got a minute to talk about our Lord and Saviour, Ellis Juan.
:lolgasm:

I actually :lolol: with that.
ChrisoftheNorth

:mahtroy:
ChrisoftheNorth

400 posts in...36 hours? Y'all are slackers.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:Grab the board right by the pussy

I committed to 500 by the end of today...it's a stretch goal but feels oddly doable.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:Man traveling this week was horrible.

Find anything good in Louisville?
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Find anything good in Louisville?
Ended up in business dinners :rolleyes:

:disappoint:

Good food doe?
ChrisoftheNorth

I was pretty impressed with the places we ate at.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Grabbed Taco Bell on the way home. That dollar menu is the :tits:
Two frito burritos and two mini quesadillas.
ChrisoftheNorth

This German restaurant in german town...I can't remember the name of it. Fucking solid. 5/7.
ChrisoftheNorth

balius wrote:Grabbed Taco Bell on the way home. That dollar menu is the :tits:
I'll be honest, I was underwhelmed by the frito burritos.

The bacon cheesy potato grillers are 5/7 to me and nearly as cheap.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I should do that. Well, half of that...
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote:
I should do that. Well, half of that...
:mahtroy:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote:
[user not found] wrote:Grab the board right by the pussy

I committed to 500 by the end of today...it's a stretch goal but feels oddly doable.
409 already, you can :doit:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote:
Detroit wrote: I committed to 500 by the end of today...it's a stretch goal but feels oddly doable.
409 already, you can :doit:
Running out of people to talk to...and time.

Once I get drinking at Tony's, it's over.
ChrisoftheNorth

Infamous is getting her nails did with her gay bff, they'll be back any minute.