C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:15 am
C00bs wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:12 am

You have plenty of practice day to day with others haha
Life has a pretty big :dong: and :crang: does indeed take some up the :knot:

All self-inflicted, :doe:
Yes, this is what I am saying! I will admit I froze and got fucked over by a Ford dealership servicing my escape. What did I do though? I left negative reviews on Facebook, cars.com, and google saying I was going to look into filling a BBB complaint and one with the Attorney General- Consumer protection division. I emailed some managers linking them to my review. That did the trick. Suddenly they fucked up and gave me $230 back.

I am still ripped off, and I learned my fucking lesson.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

nuggstein wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:44 am So my roommate is most likely moving to another floor in the same building we currently live in. that's great, He wants all of the furniture.

My question to you guys/girls is this...what is a fair trade-off/payment for what we own? We split everything down the middle when we moved in.

This is what we have at the prices we paid (for new things):

Couch: $800
Table + 4 chairs: $400
Coffee Table + Corner Table: ~ $100
TV Stand: ~ $100
Living Room 50"4K TV: $650

Total: ~$2050, each spent ~$1025.

He said he would take all of the furniture and let me take the TV...which I don't think is a fair trade unless he gave me additional money. Not sure how furniture depreciates vs. TV over two years. My girlfriend has a TV from 2011 that's like 55 pounds, and I don't really want it, and it's 47".

So my options are, take the TV + some sort of payment (how much?, $100-$200?) , or let him take everything and I'll get some sort of payment (how much? $600-$700?)

Thank you. :)
I’d say 10% depreciation on everything.
SAWCE

Cardio felt good this morning. Taking the pups to the park now.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

nuggstein wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:44 am So my roommate is most likely moving to another floor in the same building we currently live in. that's great, He wants all of the furniture.

My question to you guys/girls is this...what is a fair trade-off/payment for what we own? We split everything down the middle when we moved in.

He said he would take all of the furniture and let me take the TV...which I don't think is a fair trade unless he gave me additional money. Not sure how furniture depreciates vs. TV over two years. My girlfriend has a TV from 2011 that's like 55 pounds, and I don't really want it, and it's 47".

So my options are, take the TV + some sort of payment (how much?, $100-$200?) , or let him take everything and I'll get some sort of payment (how much? $600-$700?)

Used furniture ain't worth shit. Buy stuff you and your girlfriend like. Say you'll take the TV + TV stand if you want it.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 am

I think this is pretty easy.

He cuts you a check for half of whatever he takes minus his half of the TV.

And you request it before he leaves. Be a :dong: about it.
:yeahok: He’ll just get his gf to talk to the guy for him.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:18 am
Sno wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Few things piss me off like mass social media posting giving people the false feel goods that they made an impact. They aren't. Same goes for "thoughts and prayers..." posts. Like, I get it. That's nice of you. And it's certainly better/happier/undividing than most of most social/news bullshit these days.

But you are a soul. You are a human. The majority of you have a voice and even if you don't have a voice, you might have other ways to communicate. And that can be a powerful force. Praying for the hurricane? Awesome, please also go donate to a reputable foundation trying to make a difference for those who lost everything. Can't afford a donation? Volunteer your time at a local shelter, it might not directly affect the hurricane but I promise those people need help to. Can't afford time or money? Send a quick email to someone who is making an impact encouraging them. Pissed off about Vegas? Call you Senator for whatever side of gun ownership you land on.

Sexually assaulted sometime in your life? Right, me too. But just like that, that's where the conversation ends. Like Brad mentioned, most of us have. I'm glad it started a conversation today but I'm so over social media making people feel like they did some good today.

[\endrant]
I mostly agree with this. However, I do think there's one thing that all these social media mass posting campaigns do convey, and that's the size of the problem. Many people hear about sexual assault and if it hasn't happened to them, they think it's an isolated thing and that person must be doing something to provoke it. When you see hundreds of your friends pop up and say it's happened to them, it helps put perspective on the size of the issue for people that have not experienced it. It also helps those who have experienced it understand that they're not alone which can be comforting.

It's not actually affecting anything yet. But things like this can and might grab more national attention to help bring about change.

A lot of people were criticizing Kapernick for kneeling during the anthem saying he was just being an asshole and disrespecting the military :wat: and that he wasn't actually accomplishing anything. He was trying to bring racial injustice to the light. And look at the attention the movement has now, it's being talked about on every news channel and it's all over social media. That was the intent all along, get people talking, get people thinking, and bring to light an issue that many will never experience so they think it doesn't exist.
:bravo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:hai: OT
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 am This hotel has this breakfast pizza that is :fuckyeah: The eggs are also really good. :notbad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:drool: :fatty:
wap

I say you take the TV and the TV stand and call it even. The only other thing of value is the couch and it's likely been :jizz: -stained so I'd let him keep it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 am This hotel has this breakfast pizza that is :fuckyeah: The eggs are also really good. :notbad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like my kind of place.

:drool:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:56 am:crang:
:dat:
wap

4zilch wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:06 am
nuggstein wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am

I don't think he's being an asshole, he thought the TV was $500. I checked my Amazon statement, it was $650. Furniture depreciates by a lot.
A little foreshadowing should have told you that this was going to be an issue at some point and an agreement should have been made on the front end of the purchases.

:wtf: :millennial: :rolleyes:

edit for emoji's
That's too adult for :crang: :doe:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 am

Used furniture ain't worth shit. Buy stuff you and your girlfriend like. Say you'll take the TV + TV stand if you want it.
Samesies! :sissyfight:
SAWCE

Eating bacon. Life is good.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

wap wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:12 am

I say you take the TV and the TV stand and call it even. The only other thing of value is the couch and it's likely been :jizz: -stained so I'd let him keep it.
If the couch hasn't been christened, sounds like it's time for :crang: to get to work on a parting gift.
wap

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:41 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 am
I think this is pretty easy.

He cuts you a check for half of whatever he takes minus his half of the TV.

And you request it before he leaves. Be a :dong: about it.
:yeahok: He’ll just get his gf to talk to the guy for him.
:lolol: :dat:
She undoubtedly has the bigger :balls:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

I feel like I need to learn more about managing people.. Sometimes its a struggle to get my sales guys to fucking call people (non issue with Zillion). Can anyone suggest books or materials that you've found useful in learning to manage?
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:21 am Eating bacon. Life is good.
:fuckyeah:
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:23 am

If the couch hasn't been christened, sounds like it's time for :crang: to get to work on a parting gift.
:lolol: :dat:
wap

datgrundle wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:29 am I feel like I need to learn more about managing people.. Sometimes its a struggle to get my sales guys to fucking call people (non issue with Zillion). Can anyone suggest books or materials that you've found useful in learning to manage?
Are you talking specifically about cold calling, because cold calling suuuuucks and I've always had a hard time with it. I've never found any tips, books, lectures, etc, that helped me. That's one yuuge reason why I'm so :fuckyeah: about getting out of sales at my company earlier this year. One thing that partially helped me was to start the day with calling either existing customers, or what we called orphans, ie, companies that used to be active customers but for whatever reason haven't bought from us for at least a year. I had some success with orphans and calling them got me into a groove which made it easier to make pure cold calls. They never stopped sucking, :doe:

edit: just realized you asked for management books, not actual customer calling help. Sorry. :derp:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

datgrundle wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:29 am I feel like I need to learn more about managing people.. Sometimes its a struggle to get my sales guys to fucking call people (non issue with Zillion). Can anyone suggest books or materials that you've found useful in learning to manage?
Is there push-back from the sales guys not wanting to call? Ie. do they just not know what to say and are nervous about making calls?

This doesn't even sound like cold-calling doe... So it should be easy, unless the sales guys just suck at customer service.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:wap: :derp: :lolol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:50 am :wap: :derp: :lolol:
:dat: :(
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:zing:
__|
__|\
__|_\
__|__\
__8==000==D
__|\
__|_\
__|__\
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:59 am

:zing:
__|
__|\
__|_\
__|__\
__8==000==D
__|\
__|_\
__|__\
:bravo:
The panda hath arrived.