Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:41 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:38 pm I disagree, trucks are immensely useful.
It depends on the person. They are useless to me. Why does only your opinion matter in my situation?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Maybe he hooked up a horse trailer to his :truk: so he could beat the horse literally...

Gotta get some use out of that thing somehow.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Melon wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:38 pm I disagree, trucks are immensely useful.
It depends on the person. They are useless to me. Why does only your opinion matter in my situation?
:dat: It does depend on the person. I was just making a point that the GM twins are more luxo than a Jeep, and I know you like that.

Go buy a Jeep breh, do Jeep stuff. Have fun with life.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Maybe he hooked up a horse trailer to his :truk: so he could beat the horse literally...

Gotta get some use out of that thing somehow.
:notbad:

Get some use out of that MR2 when I spank it later this month. Comeatmebro.jpg

Seriously, come on down, we airboaters can party with the best of them. Going to be a good time.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Melon wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:49 pm

:dat: It does depend on the person. I was just making a point that the GM twins are more luxo than a Jeep, and I know you like that.

Way better interior, and I'd love the 8 speed auto vs :manuel: but that comes at a huge price. If they were priced the same the choice would be much tougher.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:55 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:49 pm

Way better interior, and I'd love the 8 speed auto vs :manuel: but that comes at a huge price. If they were priced the same the choice would be much tougher.
:word:

Doors and roof off to.
I'm a yuge fan of top down motoring.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:dat:
I did get the impression that he was getting tired of the merry-go-round of this stupid :truk: /anti- :truk: talk.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:dat: The people that are truck averse on this forum are very vocal about it.

Whatever. I wish I had a truk this morning for driving in through Ardmore. Automatic transmission, bigger vehicle that people aren't going to fuck with, suspension compliance with the Troy-coin-stash-gold painted shocks. It would have been way better than my anime sedan for that sort of duty. Even highways around here are fucking terrible as far as road surface is concerned, and Ardmore was disgusting. Hit the bump stops twice in the STI this morning, something that's only happened ONE time since I bought the car a year ago happened twice in 30 minutes because no municipality can keep roads in driveable shape. That's how I bent two of my 17" Denver wheels on my GTI.... Trucks are immune to this bullshit.

And really, when it comes down to it, that's what you're doing every day. You're commuting. The only advantage a small car has in that case is MPG. The truck has an advantage if you're doing a lot of house work, pinshit pallet furniture making, mountain bike hauling, mudcamping, etc. For Chris it's an ideal 3rd car. He has the lambo for fast driving and getting his enthusiast kicks. He has the Volt for high MPG road tripping or around town bar hopping. And he has the truck for all the other shit to do around the house and maybe some fun 4x4 stuff on the side.

IDK what the problem is. He bought what he wanted. I'm :jelly: that I couldn't get a truck because honestly that's what I'd rather drive anyway. Bigger NA engine, RWD, durability for bombed out poor excuses for roads in Trumpistan, literally nothing will break on this thing daily driving it, way less of a headache to own in that regard unless you're like me and need to fit whatever you own into a street spot sized for a Civic.

:sad:

I wanted to hear updates on the 8AT, how it did off road with the hoodrich shocks, how the dog likes it and if she can climb into the back seat on her own, how the bike rack is coming, etc.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 am

Whatever. I wish I had a truk this morning for driving in through Ardmore. Automatic transmission, bigger vehicle that people aren't going to fuck with, suspension compliance with the Troy-coin-stash-gold painted shocks. It would have been way better than my anime sedan for that sort of duty. Even highways around here are fucking terrible as far as road surface is concerned, and Ardmore was disgusting. Hit the bump stops twice in the STI this morning, something that's only happened ONE time since I bought the car a year ago happened twice in 30 minutes because no municipality can keep roads in driveable shape. That's how I bent two of my 17" Denver wheels on my GTI.... Trucks are immune to this bullshit.

And really, when it comes down to it, that's what you're doing every day. You're commuting. The only advantage a small car has in that case is MPG. The truck has an advantage if you're doing a lot of house work, pinshit pallet furniture making, mountain bike hauling, mudcamping, etc. For Chris it's an ideal 3rd car. He has the lambo for fast driving and getting his enthusiast kicks. He has the Volt for high MPG road tripping or around town bar hopping. And he has the truck for all the other shit to do around the house and maybe some fun 4x4 stuff on the side.

IDK what the problem is. He bought what he wanted. I'm :jelly: that I couldn't get a truck because honestly that's what I'd rather drive anyway. Bigger NA engine, RWD, durability for bombed out poor excuses for roads in Trumpistan, literally nothing will break on this thing daily driving it, way less of a headache to own in that regard unless you're like me and need to fit whatever you own into a street spot sized for a Civic.

I wanted to hear updates on the 8AT, how it did off road with the hoodrich shocks, how the dog likes it and if she can climb into the back seat on her own, how the bike rack is coming, etc.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I learned how to drive in an F150 out in bible land Texas. If you didn't have a Truk you were :gaydance: but really it was scary as shit being in a tiny car in that part of the world because of the behemoths all around you.

I loved my pickup. No it wasn't fast, and no it couldn't handle worth a damn, but it made V8 brubs, had a bench front seat for :hubba: , could cram 5 of my friends in it if needed, bed out back for :hubba: , and not a single god damn thing went wrong on it in the 80k miles / 5 years we had it. Nothing broke, nothing bent, no loss of power, no hesitation, no exploding water pumps, nothing. And we did some DUMB SHIT in that truck.

It was :mindblown: durable and a very :fuckyeah: ownership. Contrast that with my cars which have been nightmares to own...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:42 pm

:iswydt:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 am

I'll add to this with a simple statement.

It's my money, so fuck off.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon sent this to me, and I HAD to come back to quote.

I didn't :rage: quit, I'm just done with the same shit over and over again. It's old, and I'm over it. Desert was generousness with his BS count.

Fuck you.

:micdrop:
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:25 pm

I didn't :rage: quit, I'm just done with the same shit over and over again. It's old, and I'm over it. Desert was generousness with his BS count.

Fuck you.

:( Fuck who doe?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:25 pm
I told you all he would be back.
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:25 pm I didn't :rage: quit, I'm just done with the same shit over and over again. It's old, and I'm over it. Desert was generousness with his BS count.

Fuck you.

Oh...

... :sad:
wap

Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
wap

SixSpeeder wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:28 pm
:lolol:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Just hang out in OT and shoot the shit and :whocares: about the rest of the threads happening in here.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:26 pm Just hang out in OT and shoot the shit and :whocares: about the rest of the threads happening in here.
:mindblown: i do the exact opposite.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:41 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:26 pm Just hang out in OT and shoot the shit and :whocares: about the rest of the threads happening in here.
Trust me, I know :disgust:

:trollface:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 pm

I just bounce around all willy-nilly. :derp:

I just avoid getting :triggered: , stay away from the politics section and such, :aintcare: .
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 pm

I just bounce around all willy-nilly. :derp:

I'm a free-range :melon:
wap