DFD Couch Racer Chat: Forza and stuff

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

First download of forza 7 failed to install, I'm now on my second attempt of downloading the 95 GB game... :thanksobama:

So much for early access.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I was going to download it but I'd need windows 10. My system is still good, but I'd almost rather build a new computer if I'm gonna run 10. I've read that 10 has a few quirks with vinyl software I use so I'd rather not create any problems if I can avoid it. I hate to buy a whole console for pretty much one game too.
I dunno. I'll figure all this shit out after the wedding crap is over with and I've got some extra cash.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:18 pm First download of forza 7 failed to install, I'm now on my second attempt of downloading the 95 GB game... :thanksobama:

I'm not happy they've nerfed the VIP membership. For every other Horizon or Motorsport game, VIP access has got you double XP/credits and some unique cars - things like Scuds and Superleggera's - that you had no other way to get.

VIP this year gets you 5 mod cards you can use for 5 races each for double credits and some fancy outfits. You get 5 VIP cars which are basically just "Forza Edition" wide body/tuned regular cars. Which you can go make yourself later. Fuck, even the pre-order bonus of the Hoonigan pack was only for XBL preorders and not preorders in general.

They've completely stripped what made the jump to VIP of any value and nothing was said about VIP being any different than it's been since AT LEAST Forza 3 - SIX GAMES AGO including the Horizon games... and it's quite obvious it's been done because they plan to launch a "token" system later in October - so you can spend real money for cars. If you're going to make it a like a fucking mobile game with micro transactions, don't do it off a $100 "ultimate edition" for the loyal repeat buyers and not explain that you're changing things.

I pre-ordered thru amazon and only paid $80 which is the same as the game and the car pass, so I'm not as pissed because that effectively made the VIP upgrade a wash... but it definitely stinks.
troyguitar

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:51 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:18 pm First download of forza 7 failed to install, I'm now on my second attempt of downloading the 95 GB game... :thanksobama:

I'm not happy they've nerfed the VIP membership. For every other Horizon or Motorsport game, VIP access has got you double XP/credits and some unique cars - things like Scuds and Superleggera's - that you had no other way to get.

VIP this year gets you 5 mod cards you can use for 5 races each for double credits and some fancy outfits. You get 5 VIP cars which are basically just "Forza Edition" wide body/tuned regular cars. Which you can go make yourself later. Fuck, even the pre-order bonus of the Hoonigan pack was only for XBL preorders and not preorders in general.

They've completely stripped what made the jump to VIP of any value and nothing was said about VIP being any different than it's been since AT LEAST Forza 3 - SIX GAMES AGO including the Horizon games... and it's quite obvious it's been done because they plan to launch a "token" system later in October - so you can spend real money for cars. If you're going to make it a like a fucking mobile game with micro transactions, don't do it off a $100 "ultimate edition" for the loyal repeat buyers and not explain that you're changing things.

I pre-ordered thru amazon and only paid $80 which is the same as the game and the car pass, so I'm not as pissed because that effectively made the VIP upgrade a wash... but it definitely stinks.
:thanksobama:

I didn't really look into the details like that. Seems lame but not surprising. Fortunately in these games I usually only mess with a couple of cars for the most part.

My 2nd download appears to have finished successfully last night, I'm hoping to actually have time to play the game tomorrow night or Monday.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I played some this weekend, it's good, but man it's HARD with the wheel.
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:00 am I played some this weekend, it's good, but man it's HARD with the wheel.
The wheel is certainly harder. But it makes things significantly more fun.
Acid666

Buddy of mine's been playing it a bit. He complained a lot about it and the micro-transactions that are going to be done later. Also bitched about it basically becoming a "skin" where all the cars are equal but just look different so there's a balance?
Also something about the VIP gets you bonus credits up until a certain point and then it's gone.
I looked up the Metacritic and of course all the game review outlets are positive, but the user reviews are about 50/50 for the Xbox, the PC one is overwhelmingly negative.
Barnes93cb

This is not motivating me to get the game.

Also whats with the microtransactions?
Acid666

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:31 pm This is not motivating me to get the game.

I'm reading up on it now. Apparently it's now based on a Loot Box system, and that's how you can get new cars. Loot boxes for skins and graphic customization is one thing, but when it's the only way to get cars, it's unavoidable.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin ... b3385c6268

I dunno. I'm still reading up on it to find a more specific breakdown
Barnes93cb

Acid666 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:41 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:31 pm This is not motivating me to get the game.

I'm reading up on it now. Apparently it's now based on a Loot Box system, and that's how you can get new cars. Loot boxes for skins and graphic customization is one thing, but when it's the only way to get cars, it's unavoidable.

So I cant save up for a specific car I want. I have to use my credits to get some random box of who the fuck knows.

I think ill hold off on getting the new forza. It might be time to build a PC and get iRacing or something similar.
Acid666

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:57 pm

So I cant save up for a specific car I want. I have to use my credits to get some random box of who the fuck knows.

I think ill hold off on getting the new forza. It might be time to build a PC and get iRacing or something similar.

I'd like to think that's not the case, but I'm busy at work and only glazed through a few articles. If you go to google and search for Forza 7 Microtransaction, you'll get a ton of
articles popping up that are overly negative about it. It's not happening yet, but they feel that it's inevitable that it's going to be the type of system that Forza implements.
Hopefully some of these guys who are tinkering with it on DFD can chime in.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:57 pm

It’s not. You win races and get credits. You can buy cars at any time, including other series eligible cars in the middle of a championship.

Prize crates are extra.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:51 pm Wait, hang on...

There's no difference between the cars aside from how they look?

:|
What cars?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

i think i diled in the setting on my wheel, its wayyyyyyyyy easier/more realistic to drive.
brain go brrrrrr
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:07 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:57 pm

What cars?
:derp:
So remember how in FM6 you had a series and then a class limit and you could upgrade to reach it?

This does that automatically for you now.
troyguitar

Ballz. I kind of liked trying different random shit to hit the points cap and see which build was faster.

I still haven't played the game, will likely get to it on Monday finally.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:43 pm Ballz. I kind of liked trying different random shit to hit the points cap and see which build was faster.

You can still tweak it yourself, but cars are "homologated" to a series/class when you buy them.
troyguitar

I don't like lots of power in video game cars because you can't keep the ass end in line by feel - it's all muscle memory.

Can you at least still make the gearing super short? Playing with the :dong: and rev matching is my favorite part.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:43 pm Ballz. I kind of liked trying different random shit to hit the points cap and see which build was faster.

you can still do this, it just makes it easy for the :derp:
[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:53 pm

:dat:

I also preferred handling-based upgrade tracks than pure power. Lame.
Thats how you actually make cars faster on a track.

troyguitar wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:56 pm I don't like lots of power in video game cars because you can't keep the ass end in line by feel - it's all muscle memory.

Can you at least still make the gearing super short? Playing with the :dong: and rev matching is my favorite part.
1. Yes. And so far its really, really hard to control the tail of the car. Spin recovery is neigh on impossible with all the aids turned off.

2. Yes.
brain go brrrrrr
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:58 pm i think i diled in the setting on my wheel, its wayyyyyyyyy easier/more realistic to drive.
Details.

I have the Logitech g920. Im interested.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:09 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:58 pm i think i diled in the setting on my wheel, its wayyyyyyyyy easier/more realistic to drive.
Details.

I have the Logitech g920. Im interested.
well for one i matched the rotation in the game to the rotation of the wheel. that's like 80%. Added a 1% dead zone on the wheel so its not as sensitive to inputs. I also knocked about 10% off all the force feedback inputs. Way back I set the brake pedal deadzone on the back end to like 93% (so you don't have to stand on the fucking thing to get full brake force)

See, when i autoxed alot one of the things that stuck with me that my buddy Benson told me was "the car wants to go straight. have light hands when you feel like you are loosing control of the car. many times you end up manhandling the car and over-correcting." Great tip for actual cars; force feedback racing wheels? not so much. So reducing the force feedback and adding that bit of deadzone seems to not make the force feedback of the wheel generate unwanted inputs FROM the force feedback itself. For me at least. Setting the steering to 920 degrees also made it way less touchy in general.
brain go brrrrrr
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I have linearity set to 57, vibration scale at 0 and FFB set to 100. Damper set to 50. Feels decent.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:41 pm I have linearity set to 57, vibration scale at 0 and FFB set to 100. Damper set to 50. Feels decent.
nice.

Oh, for whomever was complaining about the VIP being neutered, they heard. Vip bros got 5 cars that are VIP only and 1 million credits.
brain go brrrrrr
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:11 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:41 pm I have linearity set to 57, vibration scale at 0 and FFB set to 100. Damper set to 50. Feels decent.
nice.

Oh, for whomever was complaining about the VIP being neutered, they heard. Vip bros got 5 cars that are VIP only and 1 million credits.
That was me.

They're also bringing back the 2x credit boost that they nerfed.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:50 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:11 pm

nice.

That was me.

They're also bringing back the 2x credit boost that they nerfed.
Sweet, thanks for caring. I installed the 'app' or whatever on the xbone and realized I've been playing forza since like 08 on and off.....dang. Before that I was all about the Grand Tursimo. Played GT2, 3, and 4 when it FINIALLY came out. In fact, I got an xbox 360 to play FM2 or 3 after GT4 had been delayed over a year.
brain go brrrrrr