YOU CAN'T AFFORD NOT TO READ THIS THREAD!!! TRAVEL DEALZZZ

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Let's post up dem travel dealz.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:lolgasm:

IDK man, I drive errywhere.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Melon wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:58 pm :lolgasm:

:dat:

2003 Spyder, $5000. 35 mpg highway on 87, lots of legroom and infinite headroom. Good travel :dill:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:02 pm
Melon wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:58 pm :lolgasm:

2003 Spyder, $5000. 35 mpg highway on 87, lots of legroom and infinite headroom. Good travel :dill:
:jelly: on the Spyder :dill:

They look like a riot.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:13 pm I don't understand this thread. Don't you guys just use work points?
:triggered:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:13 pm I don't understand this thread. Don't you guys just use work points?
:lolgasm:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:rage:

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Cereally,

We find deals on Travelocity, Travelzoo, Gate 1 travel, etc.
Just booked a trip last night to Berlin in November. Round trip flights and 6 nights in 4 star (on yelp and tripadvisor) hotel that give free transportation cards to their guests for $1820 for 2 people. :notbad:
Almost booked a trip on the same dates to Prague for $175 less but bailed at the last minute when we found out that a museum we missed the last time we were there is closed for over a year for renovations, and a castle in a town we wanted to take a day trip to closes for the season on October 31. So we're gonna shelve Prague until 2019 probably. But I found 2 very nice hotels there that I can check out when it's time to book so I got that going for me, which is nice.

If anyone needs hotel or museum or restaurant recommendations in any European city I've been to, I'll be happy to share.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Got two round trip tickets to Hawaii and one island hop $33.60 a couple of months ago.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:30 pm Google flights has become seriously competitive with some of the others.

Wap - I have been very tempted to not book hotels (except my first night) until on the ground for my next pleasure trip. Thoughts?
Id say it depends heavily on where you go and when. Domestically, the risk is lower because you know you can find something in the general vicinity pretty easily. But if you're talking foreign travel, where you're not fluent in the local language, trying 2, maybe 3 or 5 times to find a hotel when you've just flown 9 + hours the night before and you're still kind of tired and you have to pack up and check out and hit the bricks to look for something, or get on your phone and do that whole dance when you may not yet be at your full mental best? I'd say fuck that. Think about it. You arrive at a foreign city after mucho hours in the air. You schlep your bags to the hotel. Grab dinner, have a shitty first nights sleep. Wake up tired, pack and check out at 11:00. Now you have to find another place, maybe close by, maybe not, but then you have to schlep your bags again to the new place, which won't be able to check you in until 2:00 or 3:00 so you can maybe put your bags in their bag check room and then, what? You're homeless for another few hours until you can check in again. You're :waxer: enough that you don't have to deal with that :bs: . I know I never would.

Having said that, we have taken road trips where we don't book hotels until about an hour before we arrive to a town that we decide in the car is the place we want to stop for the night. That can be fun.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:54 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:30 pm Google flights has become seriously competitive with some of the others.

Wap - I have been very tempted to not book hotels (except my first night) until on the ground for my next pleasure trip. Thoughts?
Id say it depends heavily on where you go and when. Domestically, the risk is lower because you know you can find something in the general vicinity pretty easily. But if you're talking foreign travel, where you're not fluent in the local language, trying 2, maybe 3 or 5 times to find a hotel when you've just flown 9 + hours the night before and you're still kind of tired and you have to pack up and check out and hit the bricks to look for something, or get on your phone and do that whole dance when you may not yet be at your full mental best? I'd say fuck that. Think about it. You arrive at a foreign city after mucho hours in the air. You schlep your bags to the hotel. Grab dinner, have a shitty first nights sleep. Wake up tired, pack and check out at 11:00. Now you have to find another place, maybe close by, maybe not, but then you have to schlep your bags again to the new place, which won't be able to check you in until 2:00 or 3:00 so you can maybe put your bags in their bag check room and then, what? You're homeless for another few hours until you can check in again. You're :waxer: enough that you don't have to deal with that :bs: . I know I never would.

Having said that, we have taken road trips where we don't book hotels until about an hour before we arrive to a town that we decide in the car is the place we want to stop for the night. That can be fun.
wap

Just came across a :notbad: scrooge: Groupon to Iceland from Gate 1 Travel. $599 for 5 nights.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-gate-1 ... 0_20170718

If anyone is interested in any of the optional tours I can give a bit of advice.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Iceland flights have been cheap for like 12 months... I don't really understand why. It is also very expensive to get around/eat etc iceland. btw.
wap

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:38 pm Iceland flights have been cheap for like 12 months... I don't really understand why. It is also very expensive to get around/eat etc iceland. btw.
Flights, yes. This deal includes hotel doe. And getting around Reykjavik was cheap for us but we just took buses everywhere. :iono:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:caspian: has good :dill: on flights to Mars.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:50 am :caspian: has good :dill: on flights to Mars.
:lolol:
wap

Just saw a :fuckyeah: :scrooge: deal to Greece. 8 days/6 nights to Athens, Olympia, and Delphi for only $850/person including airfare, hotels, and several meals. Seriously :notbad:

https://www.gate1travel.com/thedeal/170 ... 69410cf62f

I can definitely offer tips if anyone is interested.
Caspian
сибирский
Drives: Horse and wagon

razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:50 am :caspian: has good :dill: on flights to Mars.
:lol: If only you knew. ;)
:themoreyouknow:
Caspian
сибирский
Drives: Horse and wagon

I know you won't watch it but :wtf: why not, maybe someone else will.

CIA Mars jump room program at two minutes. You think you've traveled simply because you have gone to the opposite side of the Globe? :lolol: That's a good one.

Maybe travelocity has rates for Mars.

:popcorn:
:themoreyouknow:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

My GF and I are looking at possibly doing Universal Studios in January. Right now its looking like $780 a head for air, hotel,and park tickets (there would be 6 of us) doesn't seem bad but when we checked a month ago it was like $650. We looked into airbnb down there but just for ease of booking/transport we were thinking of staying in a universal hotel
wap

wap

This is a :mindblown: :dill:

http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php ... 9bebe08e6c

8 Day Tuscany Fly & Drive with Milan
Includes airfare, car rental, 5 nights Tuscany Region & 1 night Milan - from $599*

Package Includes
Round trip flights New York-Milan Malpensa, Milan Malpensa-New York
Other departure cities available.
Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
6 nights accommodations
5 nights Montecatini
1 night Milan Malpensa
7 day car rental: Economy Manual (Fiat Panda or similar). Upgrade to other categories available
Car rental includes: Unlimited mileage, Third Party Liability Insurance (RCA), Collision Damage Waiver Reduction (C.D.R.), Theft Protection Reduction (T.P.R.), Airport charges, local taxes (VAT)
Breakfast daily

:mindblown:
Somebody :doit:

If the link doesn't work go to Gate 1's website and search for 8 Day Tuscany Fly and Drive.
[/quote]
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:49 am
wap wrote:This is a :mindblown: :dill:

http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php ... 9bebe08e6c

8 Day Tuscany Fly & Drive with Milan
Includes airfare, car rental, 5 nights Tuscany Region & 1 night Milan - from $599*

Package Includes
Round trip flights New York-Milan Malpensa, Milan Malpensa-New York
Other departure cities available.
Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
6 nights accommodations
5 nights Montecatini
1 night Milan Malpensa
7 day car rental: Economy Manual (Fiat Panda or similar). Upgrade to other categories available
Car rental includes: Unlimited mileage, Third Party Liability Insurance (RCA), Collision Damage Waiver Reduction (C.D.R.), Theft Protection Reduction (T.P.R.), Airport charges, local taxes (VAT)
Breakfast daily

:mindblown:
Somebody :doit:

If the link doesn't work go to Gate 1's website and search for 8 Day Tuscany Fly and Drive.
Holy balls. The possible it's real.

Troy should do this.
The :dill: is really :mindblown: and Gate 1 is 5/7 legit. I've used them recently and a coworker just used them and we both had 5/7 results. Somebody should :doit:
:mahtroy: could have a :fuckyeah: :scrooge: honeymoon for way under $3000 all in. Probably closer to $2500. And he'd get to drive on the Autostrada in a :flaccid: :manuel: Panda!
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Got the link working now. $2000 real price for 2 from anywhere near me, plus obviously whatever we do over there. $599 my ass. Fake News.

Ain't no :mahtroy: going to Northern Italy in the middle of winter for a first and likely only euro trip... nor am I deciding on and booking a honeymoon by 8/28 when I have wedding guests arriving on 8/30 and a fuck load of other shit to do (and pay for) between now and then. :flaccid:

If I ever go, I'm going to France and I'm not freezing my ass off or making snap booking decisions. It'll be thought out carefully and it'll be expensive.
wap

:word:

Just a suggestion...