:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Blue poorsche dude sounds like a grumpy old :waxer: who can't be bothered to spend a few minutes to get the meager $4k he'd get in a private sale vs trading in to :dillerman:

:disappoint:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:31 pm Blue poorsche dude sounds like a grumpy old :waxer: who can't be bothered to spend a few minutes to get the meager $4k he'd get in a private sale vs trading in to :dillerman:

:disappoint:
:wat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

When your Poorsche costs as much as an XJ... you stop giving a fuck about ppl inundating you with questions. It is a 4 digit P car. Take it for what it's worth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:52 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Eh, we'll see. But his asking price is more like :dillerman: retail price and not private party cash price. Plus the carfax is weird, here are the last few records on it (still from the current owner):

Maybe he has another house in NV and had it out there? Doesn't seem too weird if there's a rational explanation behind it.

Also, price is probably high for negotiation.
could be used as a rental car too. be wary, Las Vegas is known for this
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:38 pm When your Poorsche costs as much as an XJ... you stop giving a fuck about ppl inundating you with questions. It is a 4 digit P car. Take it for what it's worth.
I asked 3 simple questions:

Do you have any additional or higher res photos?

Do you have any maintenance history, whether documented or not?

What's up with the Vegas thing?

He gets back with:

"Yes it was shipped both ways. Still it has rock dings in various parts of paint despite only driving about 2,000 miles while in Nevada. You have my best photos from CL. I don't care about the blems they add personality for me. Its not a new car. It has about 7,500 miles avg per year since new. My records show upkeep maint and what I got from prev owner Nashville. At this point I may trade. The car loves the road"

Dude has put like 6k miles on the car in the 3 years he's owned it, he doesn't use it and doesn't want to deal with it is my guess... I haven't even gotten near trying to go see it or make him an offer and he's already dismissing it. He also only listed it for sale 24 hours ago, he can't have been dealing with that many tire kickers yet. :iono:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:52 pm
Maybe he has another house in NV and had it out there? Doesn't seem too weird if there's a rational explanation behind it.

Also, price is probably high for negotiation.
could be used as a rental car too. be wary, Las Vegas is known for this
I don't thing people who wants to rent porsche just to show off would get any manual car. Unless it is a true enthusiast.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:38 pm When your Poorsche costs as much as an XJ... you stop giving a fuck about ppl inundating you with questions. It is a 4 digit P car. Take it for what it's worth.

He gets back with:

"Yes it was shipped both ways. Still it has rock dings in various parts of paint despite only driving about 2,000 miles while in Nevada. You have my best photos from CL. I don't care about the blems they add personality for me. Its not a new car. It has about 7,500 miles avg per year since new. My records show upkeep maint and what I got from prev owner Nashville. At this point I may trade. The car loves the road"

Dude has put like 6k miles on the car in the 3 years he's owned it, he doesn't use it and doesn't want to deal with it is my guess... I haven't even gotten near trying to go see it or make him an offer and he's already dismissing it. He also only listed it for sale 24 hours ago, he can't have been dealing with that many tire kickers yet. :iono:
Yep your average CL keyboard warrior.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 pm

He gets back with:

better jump on it before he trades it in if you think this is your huckleberry
brain go brrrrrr
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

contemplating on getting a cheap ass drift/track car. But very unlikely in the near future. who knows.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva ... 65367.html

Looks like I will need:
- Engine, which leaves me to which engine I want, whether VQ, LS1/7, RB20DET (I don't have huge knowledge on those engines other than leaving me with good piece of mind) - probably neighborhood of $1,000-1,500 or I can just get a low mile VQ off a totaled G37, Z, Frontier, w/e car is equipped with that engine for a small price
- Will need manual, duh - new one for over $1,500 or get it from a donor car without many miles on it.
- LSD, I can get myself a nice LSD, probably Quaife or Wavetrac - $1,550 for wavetrac, or OEM LSD off possible donor car (if equipped).
- Front Bumper
- Passenger side fender
- *add says comes with headlights.
- probably wrap the car for shits and giggles instead of repainting remaining primer.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Few recentsImageImageImageImageImage
troyguitar

Ballz, blue poorsche dude did finally call me back today but of course it was while I was in the damn shower... I returned the call 20 minutes later and got no answer. He did at least leave a voicemail though and sounded like a normal person. :iono:

:plac: ain't easy.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/6156672410.html

Cool. Looks like a partial restoration that he never quite worked out the engine on. A bit much at $7k, but neat find nonetheless.
Johnny_P

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6142916869.html

Cherry E46 330i. Just over 100k on it. Gaynons, sport package so dem seats, butt warmers, HK audio, and killer looking wheels. DaveSTR-spec automatic too (something I want in the next car, come at me bro)

:notbad: at all. Might be a handful to own, not really sure how the E46 series hold up long term. Also no details on maintenance records. Only $5900 doe.
Johnny_P

Max-spec fakesports are under $30k.

https://cnj.craigslist.org/ctd/6170733364.html

:notbad:
troyguitar

JP you should get an IS350, not a 330i. Cooled seats and Camry reliability, plus better brakes and power. The slushbox is probably better too.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:39 am Max-spec fakesports are under $30k.

Buying a new one for 60k after tax seems like a great idea :lolgasm:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:42 am JP you should get an IS350, not a 330i. Cooled seats and Camry reliability, plus better brakes and power. The slushbox is probably better too.
The first gen IS is a pretty cool car and has some sport spirit to it.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:45 am

or you can lease, just like most BMW owners do.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:42 am JP you should get an IS350, not a 330i. Cooled seats and Camry reliability, plus better brakes and power. The slushbox is probably better too.
Problem is I think with my :jalepenis: and I like the styling and interior of the E46 a lot moar.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:45 am

Yeah but, even this will only be worth $20k in about 3 years.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:47 am
Problem is I think with my :jalepenis: and I like the styling and interior of the E46 a lot moar.
Have you driven the pre-predator 350? It's a :fuckyeah: car for a 3400 lb cheap slushbox sedan. It's probably what I should buy too but I think with my :stig:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

lease takeover, usually not my cup of tea but hmmm

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/6159614314.html
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:51 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:47 am

Have you driven the pre-predator 350? It's a :fuckyeah: car for a 3400 lb cheap slushbox sedan. It's probably what I should buy too but I think with my :stig:
I have not tried one out
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Found another interesting lease takeover, this buick has brembos.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva ... 49829.html
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:48 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:51 am

I have not tried one out
You'd probably like it, I certainly did. I just couldn't give up :manuel: