:poorvette: replacement

Issues, complaints, and questions... in here!

:poorvette: replacement?

:melon:
11
69%
:eeyore:
3
19%
Acid666
0
No votes
D Griff
2
13%
 
Total votes: 16
User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 17438
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Now that :poorvette: is gone, which :poorvette: will be the new :poorvette: ?

User avatar
Acid666
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1724
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:47 am
Drives: 02 Z06/07 Vrod/05 SilveraDOE

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Chicks dig bananas :dock:
Image

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:33 pm

Pole fails for failure to include :poorvette: "In Loving Memory"

User avatar
golftdibrad
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 10657
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:50 pm

the one with the poorvette tag, :melon:
Weekly :fax:
Alan McNish, paraphrased wrote: I personally do not believe in luck. I think luck is an excuse for people who have failed in their mission to do something. If you work, think, make good judgments on risks that you take, you will be successful.
And that's not luck, that's hard work.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8368
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:04 pm

I vote the :melon: vette
The struggle has been real, the anger strong, but the love remaining.

:member: the epic battle I had to even purchase the Melonvette?
The days of endless phone calls with PenFed, weeks of stress and aggravation.
Image

The day I took delivery:
Image

Image

The work began immediately!

New shifter:
Image

New wheels were a must:
Image

Image

New peepers:
Image

Oh stahp it:
Image

New tunes:
Image

:member: the great windshield debacle?
Image

Brubs! (My C5 is the originator of the phrase "BrubTub" Source: Dubshow)Image

:dong:
Image

I don't see any other towvettes here:
Image

Power steering cooler debacle!:
Image

Deal's Fap 1
Image

Super clean, nothing can ever make it dirty as long as it's safe in my garage...
Image

I needed a steering wheel for some reason, sigh, debacle #3:
Image

First with a "Poorvette" license plate:
Image

Race rubber:
Image

Power steering pump #1 debacle quattro:
Image

Deal's FAP 2:
Image

Vote OG BrubTub

Vote BLUE

Image
Desertbreh wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:25 pm
I've been featured on the cover of Poverty Illustrated 4 times.

User avatar
Acid666
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1724
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:47 am
Drives: 02 Z06/07 Vrod/05 SilveraDOE

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Image

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Such self promotion.

User avatar
Acid666
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1724
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:47 am
Drives: 02 Z06/07 Vrod/05 SilveraDOE

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:31 pm

If I had known about all those :melon: problems I probably would of held back on the purchase of my Z06.
I did raise my price range though and not go as budget as I originally planned, hoping to avoid a few problems.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8368
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:32 pm

Acid666 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:31 pm
If I had known about all those :melon: problems I probably would of held back on the purchase of my Z06.
I did raise my price range though and not go as budget as I originally planned, hoping to avoid a few problems.
All is forgotten when the throttle is wide open.
Desertbreh wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:25 pm
I've been featured on the cover of Poverty Illustrated 4 times.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8368
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:26 pm
Such self promotion.
Shameless.
Desertbreh wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:25 pm
I've been featured on the cover of Poverty Illustrated 4 times.

User avatar
Tarspin
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5831
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:06 pm

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Logo shows :doge: driving a vert

:justsayin:ImageImage

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8368
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:38 pm

Tarspin wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:36 pm
Logo shows :doge: driving a vert

:justsayin:ImageImage
C6 is semi-poor

Stuffed doge in driver's seat :doe:
I like it.
Desertbreh wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:25 pm
I've been featured on the cover of Poverty Illustrated 4 times.

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 17438
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Tarspin wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:36 pm
Logo shows :doge: driving a vert

:justsayin:ImageImage
Counter-point is strong.

C6 isn't quite poor doe.

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 17438
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Melon wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:04 pm
I vote the :melon: vette
The struggle has been real, the anger strong, but the love remaining.

:member: the epic battle I had to even purchase the Melonvette?
The days of endless phone calls with PenFed, weeks of stress and aggravation.
Image

The day I took delivery:
Image

Image

The work began immediately!

New shifter:
Image

New wheels were a must:
Image

Image

New peepers:
Image

Oh stahp it:
Image

New tunes:
Image

:member: the great windshield debacle?
Image

Brubs! (My C5 is the originator of the phrase "BrubTub" Source: Dubshow)Image

:dong:
Image

I don't see any other towvettes here:
Image

Power steering cooler debacle!:
Image

Deal's Fap 1
Image

Super clean, nothing can ever make it dirty as long as it's safe in my garage...
Image

I needed a steering wheel for some reason, sigh, debacle #3:
Image

First with a "Poorvette" license plate:
Image

Race rubber:
Image

Power steering pump #1 debacle quattro:
Image

Deal's FAP 2:
Image

Vote OG BrubTub

Vote BLUE

Image
:amazing: :bravo:

Outstanding write-up!

User avatar
Tarspin
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5831
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:06 pm

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:50 pm

C5.5 is worth less then the C5Z. :gtfo:

User avatar
Tarspin
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5831
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:06 pm

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm still going to vote :melon: doe

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15243
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Bro-Forks / Velveeta
Location: Dirty JerZ

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:15 pm

I know where my vote goes. :knot:
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazduh Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 Bro 4X | 2009 MX-Velveeta
Detroit wrote:I love gravy.

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3723
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: MamaCrangshaft

Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:24 pm

Apex wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:44 pm
Tarspin wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:36 pm
Logo shows :doge: driving a vert

:justsayin:ImageImage
Counter-point is strong.

C6 isn't quite poor doe.
C7Z can make you go poor buying it.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
Tarspin
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5831
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:06 pm

Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:58 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Apex wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:44 pm
Counter-point is strong.

C6 isn't quite poor doe.
C7Z can make you go poor buying it.
:nope:

Deetz doe :-)

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3723
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: MamaCrangshaft

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:36 am

Tarspin wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:58 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
C7Z can make you go poor buying it.
:nope:

Deetz doe :-)
101 Octane refill:

Image
Image
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3723
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: MamaCrangshaft

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:43 am

Tarspin wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:58 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
C7Z can make you go poor buying it.
:nope:

Deetz doe :-)
also, $2000 replacement tires every 5-6 months;

Image
Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8368
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:53 am

101? Dang
Is there a factory setting optimized for 101 octane, or do you have a tune on it?
Desertbreh wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:25 pm
I've been featured on the cover of Poverty Illustrated 4 times.

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3723
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: MamaCrangshaft

Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:53 am

Melon wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:53 am
101? Dang
Is there a factory setting optimized for 101 octane, or do you have a tune on it?
The stock tune will use what it can get up to a point, I think it was 97/98 and it keeps any pre-detonation away when the supercharger is hot.

There is a 100 octane tune from Chevy that the dealer can flash, but it is fully optimized only for 100 and they tell you not to run 91 or 93 if you have that tune.

Running the 101 completely changes the car compared to running the normal 91 octane we have here in California. Even quick part throttle movements on the gas pedal will start to smoke off the tires if you're not careful. On 91 it doesn't have that kind of response.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3723
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: MamaCrangshaft

Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:56 am

I'm going to try the 94 and 96 over the next couple weeks and see how it compares:

Image
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
dubshow
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am
Drives: All of them

Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:00 am

Apex wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:13 pm
Now that :poorvette: is gone, which :poorvette: will be the new :poorvette: ?
OH.. you talking the purple nurple. make it blu.

for a second i thought you sold a vette that you had, and i was unaware of.
Hello from the other side.

I must have knocked a thousand times.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests