Warhammer 40k

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Do Work, Son wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 11:13 pm So preorders for 8th edition books are next Saturday.
I'd honestly had not planned to get back into the model game so soon since I just bought a house and am hemorrhaging money with fixing stuff but......
Do Work, Son
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: CX-5

There's a Russian social media site (their Facebook) that people upload pdfs to...
#AllPostsMatter
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

The books I can find for free its the models and paints that are stupid money,
Do Work, Son

I'm cutting up the plastic contemptor dread I assembled and assembling my other so that one has dual twinlinked meltas and other other dual assault cannons.

Single powerfists on dreads are useless. I had magnetized the right shoulder so that I could swap between the dual melta and asscan but it's better to just cut off the left powerfist and glue the other gun on.
#AllPostsMatter
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Do Work, Son wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:47 pm I'm cutting up the plastic contemptor dread I assembled and assembling my other so that one has dual twinlinked meltas and other other dual assault cannons.

Single powerfists on dreads are useless. I had magnetized the right shoulder so that I could swap between the dual melta and asscan but it's better to just cut off the left powerfist and glue the other gun on.
need some pics
Do Work, Son

The left arm is a powerfist molded to the shoulder with claws attaching at the wrist. The right arms are solid molded as well.

I'm cutting up elbows so one dread with have dual asscans while the other has dual TL meltas. The powerfists will end up going into my overflowing bitz boxes.

Drilling out the other asscan barrels before going to work.

#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

Found the first model I painted, an Inquisitor whose sword has gone missing.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

One down.

#AllPostsMatter
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Thats some good looking stuff buddy
Do Work, Son

Once it's cured tonight I'll start drilling and scuffing battle damage.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

Although I found out over the weekend that forgeworld is not using 8th edition rules for HH, they're sticking with 7th which is sapping my motivation to finish this.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

I can't read French but these guys are great painters.

I saw the Sanguinary Guard in action at the end of 5th edition and bought 30 of them because Dante made them troops. Unfortunately GW decided to get rid of HQs modifying the force org and taking certain elites as troops which pisses me off to end. Not only are SG no longer troops but they also took out making Deathwing troops when taking Belial or Azrael. They made a formation for Deathwing but it specifies what you can take which is fucking retarded.

I hope the 8th edition army books let you take these specialized guys as troops again because I love small, elite armies. They're challenging to play and more fun to model than big blobs of troops.
#AllPostsMatter
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Do Work, Son wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 5:41 pm I can't read French but these guys are great painters.

I saw the Sanguinary Guard in action at the end of 5th edition and bought 30 of them because Dante made them troops. Unfortunately GW decided to get rid of HQs modifying the force org and taking certain elites as troops which pisses me off to end. Not only are SG no longer troops but they also took out making Deathwing troops when taking Belial or Azrael. They made a formation for Deathwing but it specifies what you can take which is fucking retarded.

I hope the 8th edition army books let you take these specialized guys as troops again because I love small, elite armies. They're challenging to play and more fun to model than big blobs of troops.
Thats a shitty change to the rules.. More options = better.
Do Work, Son

I guess they weren't making enough money if you could buy five boxes of Sanguinary Guard for a 2000 point army. They want you to buy two of the new 10 man Blood Angel tactical squads, then of course you need two Rhinos $$$$$$$
#AllPostsMatter
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Do Work, Son wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 10:10 am I guess they weren't making enough money if you could buy five boxes of Sanguinary Guard for a 2000 point army. They want you to buy two of the new 10 man Blood Angel tactical squads, then of course you need two Rhinos $$$$$$$
Thats why my activity with the game dipped off. Warhammer is fucking expensive!
Do Work, Son

Well GW claims to be the "New GW" so I'm optimistic that even if prices don't go down they allow more freedom with list building so I'm not obligated to buy squads of guys I don't want to buy, build, paint, or play with.

Finishing a Blood Angels army with $200 for guys I don't want is an avoidable pain in the dickhole.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

Assembling some more genestealer cultists from the Deathwatch box set I got on eBay. Cheaper way to expand my cult for 8th ed, I'm going to have to pick a skin tone for them.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

My GW is packed for preorders. I'm not getting the box set but I got two of the army books because they're just bridge codexes till the new army books get released.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

More genestealers done, tomorrow I should try to knock out a couple of transports.

Pretty solid look at the new rules:
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

Someone uploaded the books, he took pictures of the actual books with his hand holding open the spines. It's hard to read but you can get the idea of the armies and the new force orgs.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

I still have to reread the army composition rules but it looks like for matched play you can use a couple of different formations when building lists. If I'm reading this correctly you can run a Vanguard detachment with 1-2 HQs and 3-6 Elites, I guess this is how I can run pure Deathwing or pure Sanguinary Guard. You still can't deepstrike an entire army, though.
#AllPostsMatter
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Dude.. You are so stoked!!
Do Work, Son

Cranked out some more genestealer cultists yesterday, just need to find my other bits. Part of the force is a couple of squads of IG in Chimeras with a Leman Russ, they're getting some bits from the conversion sprue they released.
#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

The Cult so far. I still have more of the mono pose cultists with shotguns to assemble but the acolytes on the left are done. I have to convert a few of them to metamorphs with genestealer scything talons and give them demo charges after I read what they do in 8th ed.

Motherboard boxes make great project boxes, I have two dedicated to these guys and only the massive broodlord has to lay sideways. I still have 20 genestealers to assemble too, they're going to be scarier now since they get across the board even faster in 8th Ed.

I love the magus and primus models, they have that wonderful 60's alien feel to them. The marine is a mono pose box set guy I'm practicing washes with, I'll say that Coelia over a metal base with green along the tops and purple along the bottoms would make a good Alpha Legion scheme that mimics the color changing paint on '96 Cobras.

#AllPostsMatter
Do Work, Son

Still have to finish the IG cultists, too. That's going to be two 10 man squads in Chimeras and a Leman Russ that I started turning into a looted wagon for Orks years ago.
#AllPostsMatter