Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

New smoked turn signal is put on the passengers side. I just placed it in there. I still need to J.B. Weld the screw hole back on to mount it. Right side has a blackout cover.

Lights on

Turn signal engaged
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

^ dat.
I replaced my left front turn signal which has been out for over a month. Girl i'm seeing was like wait, I thought you were a car guy? :wat:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Yeah, they're really nice. I'm considering picking up a pair.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Well I finally figured out the mystery rattle that was keeping me from getting the car listed for the past month.

It sounded like it was coming from the passenger door latch or seatbelt reel and was directly proportional to speed with no relation to throttle/clutch/gear/turns, audible even at neighborhood speeds but louder and louder with increasing speeds. Had a couple of other people over to try and help figure it out all with no luck, then I finally got it last night. Any guesses?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 4:40 pm Well I finally figured out the mystery rattle that was keeping me from getting the car listed for the past month.

It sounded like it was coming from the passenger door latch or seatbelt reel and was directly proportional to speed with no relation to throttle/clutch/gear/turns, audible even at neighborhood speeds but louder and louder with increasing speeds. Had a couple of other people over to try and help figure it out all with no luck, then I finally got it last night. Any guesses?
Taillight dirt?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 4:40 pm Well I finally figured out the mystery rattle that was keeping me from getting the car listed for the past month.

Gold coins fell out of your G/f's pocket?
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 5:27 pm

:iswydt: :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 5:40 pm

:iswydt: :notbad:
:dat:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:amazing:

MFKING post of the day.
Acid666

Pucks came in. Took the rocker panel guard rails off and f0ck, they're fucking aluminum. I thought they'd be UHMW and easy to cut. Had to grind the damn things down to make em fit around the permanent pucks.

Acid666

Finished up a few things yesterday before the night autocross.

:melon: gave me a C6 shifter so I slapped that in there. It's actually shorter than the Breathless Performance short throw. Not notchy, but it does have a less "connected" feel we'll say. It's definitely a "daily driver" feel, very smooth, very easy to get in and out of gear. I guess the major difference is that there's no solid *BAM* feel when the gear bottoms out so it doesn't feel as tho you have zero doubts that you're in that gear.
I likely will sell this retarded Breathless Performance shifter on the forums. The cross inside that seats on the springs is too small so it's got a bad rattle at high rpms.

I had to saw off the bottom piece of the shift handle to make the boot fit. The piece that flairs out doesn't allow the boot to go down any further. All works out fine though. Big thanks to Alan for letting me try it out.

Got the clear turns on. Not sure how I feel about em. I kinda like the solid black look. But for $60 I'm not complaining.

And I cut some extra vinyl for Kendra's numbers. I'll probably take hers off after this race this weekend and put some static cling vinyl cut ones. I've got a big ass roll of white vinyl that I plan on making some test cuts on to see how my plotter takes it. I need to find some black vinyl for a reasonable price.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Love those Forgestars.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

:like:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Drove the GS to Redlands for dinner last night. Effing streetsweeper on the highway threw a rock into my winshield. Asking insurance to total the car.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 8:57 pm Drove the GS to Redlands for dinner last night. Effing streetsweeper on the highway threw a rock into my winshield. Asking insurance to total the car.
At least get a diminished value claim, :bruh:

It fucking rained on mine today...... ruined.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 8:57 pm Drove the GS to Redlands for dinner last night. Effing streetsweeper on the highway threw a rock into my winshield. Asking insurance to total the car.
At least get a diminished value claim, :bruh:

It fucking rained on mine today...... ruined.
:disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

Well, here's a fun one.

So, I've been driving the C5 exclusively for a while...few weeks now. I've been getting what I can best describe as intermittent gear whine on the highway above 55 mph. Assuming the diff was breaking in, I've been ignoring it, but the intermittent nature was throwing me off.

Well, yesterday I was driving along while it was doing it. I got a phone call, and turned the radio off to take it, and the noise disappeared.
:wtf:

Took my call, hung up, noise still gone. I turn the radio back on, and the noise came back...again intermittently.

So I start playing with fader, and fade the radio entirely to the rear, noise persists. The radio changed songs, and the noise went away. Re-center fader, noise still gone.

Radio changes songs and the noise comes back. This time, fader to the front and the noise goes away.

It seems like the rear speakers are making a ringing gear-whine-like sound when playing certain frequencies? Does this make any sense at all? I drove to work today with the radio off (completely) and there was no noise. Since it doesn't seem to actually be the gears I :aintcare: but it would be nice to fix eventually. Stereo system is 100% stock.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:58 am Well, here's a fun one.

So, I've been driving the C5 exclusively for a while...few weeks now. I've been getting what I can best describe as intermittent gear whine on the highway above 55 mph. Assuming the diff was breaking in, I've been ignoring it, but the intermittent nature was throwing me off.

Well, yesterday I was driving along while it was doing it. I got a phone call, and turned the radio off to take it, and the noise disappeared.

Took my call, hung up, noise still gone. I turn the radio back on, and the noise came back...again intermittently.

So I start playing with fader, and fade the radio entirely to the rear, noise persists. The radio changed songs, and the noise went away. Re-center fader, noise still gone.

Radio changes songs and the noise comes back. This time, fader to the front and the noise goes away.

It seems like the rear speakers are making a ringing gear-whine-like sound when playing certain frequencies? Does this make any sense at all? I drove to work today with the radio off (completely) and there was no noise. Since it doesn't seem to actually be the gears I :aintcare: but it would be nice to fix eventually. Stereo system is 100% stock.
Sounds like the rear cones are vibrating oddly at very specific frequencies. Wow. Could they, or one of them, just be loose in their mounts, causing the vibration? Can you tighten screws or isolate them with foam or some such :scrooge: fix before trying to swap them?
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:58 am Well, here's a fun one.

Sounds like the rear cones are vibrating oddly at very specific frequencies. Wow. Could they, or one of them, just be loose in their mounts, causing the vibration? Can you tighten screws or isolate them with foam or some such :scrooge: fix before trying to swap them?
Yea, not sure...I haven't looked into it yet. Just crazy.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I just breathed a heavy sigh of relief that it wasn't related to all your work. I think there's a Corvette Specialty bro on the forumz who pretty much sells Corvette fitment stereos only, but I would have to go back and look. I would be happy to update my head unit to 21st century at some juncture, but it looks like one of those slippery slope kinda deals.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:20 pm I just breathed a heavy sigh of relief that it wasn't related to all your work. I think there's a Corvette Specialty bro on the forumz who pretty much sells Corvette fitment stereos only, but I would have to go back and look. I would be happy to update my head unit to 21st century at some juncture, but it looks like one of those slippery slope kinda deals.
Yea, I'm not looking to :waxer: on the stereo...there's just no point for me. Stock is fine, so I'd like to just resolve this issue...or I may just :aintcare: deal with it since I know it's not a big deal. It's not terribly loud, I'm just glad it's not the gears. Crazy how much it sounds like gear whine.

The car is driving incredibly solid. Tweaks need to be made to the tune, but overall it's breaking in very nicely. I'm actually rather :fuckyeah: on how it's all come together.

In 60 more miles, I'll have 500 miles on the diff, so I can change the fluid and get it to the tuner to try full :plaid: Can't wait.
Acid666

I've got 2 stock front speakers coming in this Friday. The right one is out. I didn't notice it till I sat in the passenger seat and something about the balance felt off.
I really didn't wanna spend ANYTHING on speakers, but it will be nice to get a little more volume out of the whole system
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:23 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:20 pm I just breathed a heavy sigh of relief that it wasn't related to all your work. I think there's a Corvette Specialty bro on the forumz who pretty much sells Corvette fitment stereos only, but I would have to go back and look. I would be happy to update my head unit to 21st century at some juncture, but it looks like one of those slippery slope kinda deals.
Yea, I'm not looking to :waxer: on the stereo...there's just no point for me. Stock is fine, so I'd like to just resolve this issue...or I may just :aintcare: deal with it since I know it's not a big deal. It's not terribly loud, I'm just glad it's not the gears. Crazy how much it sounds like gear whine.

The car is driving incredibly solid. Tweaks need to be made to the tune, but overall it's breaking in very nicely. I'm actually rather :fuckyeah: on how it's all come together.

In 60 more miles, I'll have 500 miles on the diff, so I can change the fluid and get it to the tuner to try full :plaid: Can't wait.
:fuckyeah: