Tar's Adventures with a GoRf Failomatic

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

maxtdi wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:52 am Lol dillerlady is legit :notbad:

So now I'm thinking about the Honda Type R... here is what I'd like to send in hopes of a timely refund:

Hi Honderp Dillerlady,

I took my wife to the auto show to look at the R and she thinks it looks way too flashy, ultimately it's my choice but she doesn't believe that I'm making the right one regarding the styling and our lifestyle, and I'm probably going to sell it in a couple of years. I've decided to think over her observations yesterday and today and agree that the Type R is too flashy. After all, I keep my cars for 8-10 years and I'm not sure that a 47 year old in a type R is the image I want to present lol!

Sadly I'm not going to be ordering the car. I understand that my deposit is refundable based on the MSRP price being below 38k so I can wait for the release date and hope it's over the amount, and that's fair. If you think that management doesn't care to hold/keep the deposit at this stage in the game then that's even better!

Either way, let me know if you get a chance to run it by them and what they say. I realise that we didn't write into the Agreement this condition and because that is the case I will own this decision moving forward. It's not the end of the world either way.

Mario

P.S. VW GoRf is nicer :trollface:
:mindblown: you used the age old "wife" excuse :trollface:
I think I will Imagegasm:

Really who gives a fack. A mistake is made so I can say whatever I want but really it's up to the dealership to decide what they want to do with the cash until a price is released. Obviously I'd massage the email but I don't really have a good reason to pull out. I could say that a loved one died or I lost my job :iono: but really the wife card is my favorite. Works great for most things lol
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I wouldn't talk about image, just say the wife shit all over the design and refused to let it in the driveway, end of discussion.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:I wouldn't talk about image, just say the wife shit all over the design and refused to let it in the driveway, end of discussion.
Yeah that's cleaner. We will see what they say. I'll try not to insult their product line.

If I were a dealer I'd probably see how the whole thing plays out and not give back the deposit unless there's a rule in there somewhere that allows people to back out of a deal on a car that doesn't exist yet.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Well just out of curiosity isn't the whole point of a deposit that you lose it if you back out?

Some dude a car I was selling on feebay, then thankfully I was able to keep the $500 deposit. He btw used the "wife" excuse as well.

:lolgasm:
Last edited by max225 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:47 pm I wouldn't talk about image, just say the wife shit all over the design and refused to let it in the driveway, end of discussion.
I wouldn't say much of anything, you changed your mind and would like your deposit back - it doesn't matter why.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:47 pm I wouldn't talk about image, just say the wife shit all over the design and refused to let it in the driveway, end of discussion.
I wouldn't say much of anything, you changed your mind and would like your deposit back - it doesn't matter why.
Yep, and it is closer to the TRUTH, if they can handle that. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:55 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:54 pm

:dillerman: lies, gotta lie back.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:59 pm
maxtdi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:55 pm

:dillerman: lies, gotta lie back.
Man, the :dillerman: already losing money on the car and it's not even out yet!
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Ok great points, I'll send a generic email but I'm not going to :baby: if they don't give it back. I still have the msrp thing on my side.
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:54 pm Well just out of curiosity isn't the whole point of a deposit that you lose it if you back out?

Some dude a car I was selling on feebay, then thankfully I was able to keep the $500 deposit. He btw used the "wife" excuse as well.

:dat:

I too have gotten deposits for the same reason.

Still, your contract was if the price is below 38k CAD right? Which would be roughly 29k USD?

Ain't no fucking way the R will be below that.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:01 pm
maxtdi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:54 pm Well just out of curiosity isn't the whole point of a deposit that you lose it if you back out?

:dat:

Still, your contract was if the price is below 38k CAD right? Which would be roughly 29k USD?

:word:

They will probably go for around what the GoRf, Fuckus RS and any WRX/STI go for.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:
Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:01 pm :dat:

:word:

They will probably go for around what the GoRf, Fuckus RS and any WRX/STI go for.
:dat: and no money on the hood because it's the freshest new thing. GoRf base is over 40, RS is 50, but STI is about 37 starting
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:03 pm
razr390 wrote: :word:

:dat: and no money on the hood because it's the freshest new thing. GoRf base is over 40, RS is 50, but STI is about 37 starting
Dang. Go to Canada to buy a Golf R.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:03 pm :dat: and no money on the hood because it's the freshest new thing. GoRf base is over 40, RS is 50, but STI is about 37 starting
Dang. Go to Canada to buy a Golf R.
I wouldn't bother with most cars under warranty but it's a great time to buy out of warranty specialty cars like classic M/P/poorvette/etc cars. It's a legit 25% savings that I really can't believe will last very long. Either the dollhair goes back to 1:1 or goods and services adjust to reflect new costs.
razr390

in4pics of :dillerman: lady :jimp:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:in4pics of :dillerman: lady :jimp:
Lol!
razr390

my body is ready.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:my body is ready.
I have one from the summer when my wife was buying her t-reg, I'm PM it
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:05 pm
Just what'sapp it
max225

i wanna too
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:41 pm GoRf's run a 235/35 tire on the 19" ramz and 225/40 on the 18". The wheels are 19x8 and 18x7.5.
245/40-18 on the STI :gaydance:
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:20 pm
i wanna too
in4canuckpics
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:58 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:07 am I'll probably be :sad: driving home in my buzzy kid's car corolla.
:gtfo:

You need a :therapist:
I probably do. Been very :sad: lately.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I dunno guise she's not SUPER hot or anything. Def :notbad: . Honda girl is for sure a :woodplow:
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:48 pm I dunno guise she's not SUPER hot or anything. Def :notbad: . Honda girl is for sure a :woodplow:
picsssss