What is your current car lust?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote:Honestly... not much for me right now. I'm at a great place where I'm pretty NFG but still really enjoy the :poorvette:

I don't even look at CL.
:impressive:

I only look at CL when I'm bored, and I rarely find anything I'm even remotely interested in :plac: my brub tub for.
There are plenty of things I'd rather have, but I just don't find myself caring about it enough to want to spend money/take any chances on other used cars. The fact that mine is so trouble free is definitely a big part of this I think.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

D Griff wrote:Honestly... not much for me right now. I'm at a great place where I'm pretty NFG but still really enjoy the :poorvette:

I don't even look at CL.

I'm happy with my :poorvette:

My wants lie in the truk realm.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote:
Detroit wrote: :impressive:

I only look at CL when I'm bored, and I rarely find anything I'm even remotely interested in :plac: my brub tub for.
There are plenty of things I'd rather have, but I just don't find myself caring about it enough to want to spend money/take any chances on other used cars. The fact that mine is so trouble free is definitely a big part of this I think.
hence why i'm downgrading. But have something more fun, functional to an extent, and not like a kardashian of a car, meaning high maintenance.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
D Griff wrote:
hence why i'm downgrading. But have something more fun, functional to an extent, and not like a kardashian of a car, meaning high maintenance.
Have you considered the GTO at all? I think they've gone down in price since I was looking at them, $10-15k for a nice example, dat reliability, speed, powah, back seat (which I think you've said you need).
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon wrote:

I don't even look at CL.

I'm happy with my :poorvette:

My wants lie in the truk realm.
To sort of squash my :plac: desires, I spend a bit of time thinking about what I'll get as a DD... the thing is, I have no real plans to need a DD in the short term, so nothing's really going to happen.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote:
Detroit wrote: :impressive:

My problem is, anything I'm interested in is double the price. And :nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote:
My problem is, anything I'm interested in is double the price. And :nope:
In my current situation with owning only one car, only a few things interest me much:

135i (reliability: :nope: )
5.0 (price: :nope: just can't see paying way more for it than what I've got)
GT350 (can't afford :nope: )
E90 M3/E46 M3 (reliability/maintenance :nope: )
Miata/FRZ (downgrade kinda and less practical :nope: )

The best thing for me is to continue with an occasional mod to keep myself interested enough, enjoy the car and :scrooge:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yeah Griff, you're in a great position to :scrooge: and rock the :poorvette:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote:
Detroit wrote: My problem is, anything I'm interested in is double the price. And :nope:
In my current situation with owning only one car, only a few things interest me much:

135i (reliability: :nope: )
5.0 (price: :nope: just can't see paying way more for it than what I've got)
GT350 (can't afford :nope: )
E90 M3/E46 M3 (reliability/maintenance :nope: )
Miata/FRZ (downgrade kinda and less practical :nope: )

The best thing for me is to continue with an occasional mod to keep myself interested enough, enjoy the car and :scrooge:
You don't drive a whole lot so reliability probably wouldn't play into the equation much. But otherwise yeah I agree with your assessment. Your brubtub is pretty dang nice, and you seem to really enjoy it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Yea, but when you don't drive a lot, reliability is even more important. The few times you can drive, you want it to work 100%.

Which has been my biggest issue with :eeyore:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:Yea, but when you don't drive a lot, reliability is even more important. The few times you can drive, you want it to work 100%.

:dat:

This is why I :nope: out of my Miata.

FUCK coming home after a week or two on the road to find your car is broken and you have to dedicate one of your two days at home to fixing it when you want to hang with your slam piece, friends, etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote:
Detroit wrote:Yea, but when you don't drive a lot, reliability is even more important. The few times you can drive, you want it to work 100%.

This is why I :nope: out of my Miata.

FUCK coming home after a week or two on the road to find your car is broken and you have to dedicate one of your two days at home to fixing it when you want to hang with your slam piece, friends, etc.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

I'm still hesitant to mod the :poorvette: for this reason mainly.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Now that I have a place with a decent driveway to work and I generally buy whatever tools required and have NAPA in walking distance, I generally enjoy working on my car, but when I have other plans/such limited time at home, it's not something I want to be forced to do. I usually reserve the voluntary stuff for when my gf has other things going on and use it to bro out with my car buddy. Taco Bell, wrenching and a few brews with him is a pretty :fuckyeah: Saturday.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote:Now that I have a place with a decent driveway to work and I generally buy whatever tools required and have NAPA in walking distance, I generally enjoy working on my car, but when I have other plans/such limited time at home, it's not something I want to be forced to do. I usually reserve the voluntary stuff for when my gf has other things going on and use it to bro out with my car buddy. Taco Bell, wrenching and a few brews with him is a pretty :fuckyeah: Saturday.
You only say this because you haven't had issues that left you stranded and without a car like a stuck clutch.
Planning for a brake Job or an oil change is completely different
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

maxtdi wrote:
D Griff wrote:Now that I have a place with a decent driveway to work and I generally buy whatever tools required and have NAPA in walking distance, I generally enjoy working on my car, but when I have other plans/such limited time at home, it's not something I want to be forced to do. I usually reserve the voluntary stuff for when my gf has other things going on and use it to bro out with my car buddy. Taco Bell, wrenching and a few brews with him is a pretty :fuckyeah: Saturday.
You only say this because you haven't had issues that left you stranded and without a car like a stuck clutch.
:bruh:

I pretty much said that exact thing in the previous post :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:
Being stranded sucks.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
:bruh:

Oh ?! I just woke up
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

my current car lust isnt a car.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

maxtdi wrote:
D Griff wrote: :bruh:

Oh ?! I just woke up
:millennial:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote:my current car lust isnt a car.
:tits: ?
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:my current car lust isnt a car.
:tits: ?
:fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: :tits: ?

I'm looking forward to fondling some tonight.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: :tits: ?
those are always lusty.

I want my grom.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote: :fuckyeah:
those are always lusty.

I want my grom.
Friendly has 2017's :bruh:

You'll want a new seat, the new one is comfy, but doesn't work for us taller fellas.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Have you considered the GTO at all? I think they've gone down in price since I was looking at them, $10-15k for a nice example, dat reliability, speed, powah, back seat (which I think you've said you need).
strangely enough, they have never been on my radar. Maybe because I don't see much of them on the road.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.