FS: 2009 Meata with all the :wrong: stuff

Wheel and deal your goods to the populace of DFD.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

sad!
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Wow. I really wish I needed another car. I would send you 14 grand just for the halibut.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

solid :dill: right there.

Would be interested if I wasn't a :pussy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I'll trade you one airboat and half of a 3 wheeler.
Acid666

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:16 pm
Acid666 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:15 pm I'll trade you one airboat and half of a 3 wheeler.
:math:

What am I gonna do with a 1.5 wheeler?

That's a valuable bargaining piece down hur. I'd highly consider the offer if I were you. This deal really is a bassackwards offer on my part. You're getting way more in this trade.

I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:ohdang:

Do want. :notsure: I can make it happen at this very moment, doe.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Acid666 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:45 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:16 pm

:math:

What am I gonna do with a 1.5 wheeler?

That's a valuable bargaining piece down hur. I'd highly consider the offer if I were you. This deal really is a bassackwards offer on my part. You're getting way more in this trade.

I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT!
Maybe he likes dags? Throw in a dag.. and a tube JB weld.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

Oh my.
This is close to NC perfection.

Good luck with sale.
Would be fun if it stays within DFD.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Truthfully there are some airboats that would have to be considered.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Acid666

I was kindddddddddddda in the market for a nice NC a while back after loving the NA Meowta. We were considering getting rid of Kendra's Soul (Kia, but we have no problem selling our souls for braps) and replacing it with an ND Miata, but I really didn't want a note on a car that's going to depreciate. So I half ass considered an NC. I can't stand that front end unless it's got a kit and a hardtop, but the handling per dollar is pretty solid.
If I was still in the market, this would likely be my top pic since I 1) would want a matching yellow one, or 2) a murdered out black one.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

It's killing me that I can't buy this thing right now. ~2 years ago a friend of mine bought a NC Miata with a 2.5 swap and the MP62 supercharger kit from Flyin Miata that wouldn't do much more than idle. The prior owner claimed it was the tune, but after trying to get the car e-tuned and having no luck he started to dig into possible hardware issues. First they found out the intake was collapsing under boost, so he fixed that, but eventually it was discovered the chains had jumped and the easiest fix would be to just replace the motor since they're so cheap. The guy rents a house with no workspace and just hasn't had the time or means to swap out the motor, and at this point he plans to sell off the supercharger to fund the motor replacement and off the thing since it's been sitting so long. That supercharger has been out of production for a long, long time and probably damn near impossible to find anymore. This car plus that MP62 and some seats would be absolutely :muah:

However, we just turned in the registrations for our kids at the pre-school/daycare and we're staring at $3,015/month in childcare bills beginning in August.

Life comes at you fast, fellas.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

coogles wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:46 pm It's killing me that I can't buy this thing right now. ~2 years ago a friend of mine bought a NC Miata with a 2.5 swap and the MP62 supercharger kit from Flyin Miata that wouldn't do much more than idle. The prior owner claimed it was the tune, but after trying to get the car e-tuned and having no luck he started to dig into possible hardware issues. First they found out the intake was collapsing under boost, so he fixed that, but eventually it was discovered the chains had jumped and the easiest fix would be to just replace the motor since they're so cheap. The guy rents a house with no workspace and just hasn't had the time or means to swap out the motor, and at this point he plans to sell off the supercharger to fund the motor replacement and off the thing since it's been sitting so long. That supercharger has been out of production for a long, long time and probably damn near impossible to find anymore. This car plus that MP62 and some seats would be absolutely :muah:

However, we just turned in the registrations for our kids at the pre-school/daycare and we're staring at $3,015/month in childcare bills beginning in August.

how much for the basket case nc as is :notsure:
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:41 pm
coogles wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:46 pm It's killing me that I can't buy this thing right now. ~2 years ago a friend of mine bought a NC Miata with a 2.5 swap and the MP62 supercharger kit from Flyin Miata that wouldn't do much more than idle. The prior owner claimed it was the tune, but after trying to get the car e-tuned and having no luck he started to dig into possible hardware issues. First they found out the intake was collapsing under boost, so he fixed that, but eventually it was discovered the chains had jumped and the easiest fix would be to just replace the motor since they're so cheap. The guy rents a house with no workspace and just hasn't had the time or means to swap out the motor, and at this point he plans to sell off the supercharger to fund the motor replacement and off the thing since it's been sitting so long. That supercharger has been out of production for a long, long time and probably damn near impossible to find anymore. This car plus that MP62 and some seats would be absolutely :muah:

:notsure: what he'd want for it. I think he paid $8k IIRC? Just between the MP62 and the Ohlins coilovers he could probably get close to half of that out of it, I think that's his plan.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

coogles wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:43 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:41 pm

:notsure: what he'd want for it. I think he paid $8k IIRC? Just between the MP62 and the Ohlins coilovers he could probably get close to half of that out of it, I think that's his plan.
bad plan. sell it to me for a cool grand
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:46 pm It's killing me that I can't buy this thing right now. ~2 years ago a friend of mine bought a NC Miata with a 2.5 swap and the MP62 supercharger kit from Flyin Miata that wouldn't do much more than idle. The prior owner claimed it was the tune, but after trying to get the car e-tuned and having no luck he started to dig into possible hardware issues. First they found out the intake was collapsing under boost, so he fixed that, but eventually it was discovered the chains had jumped and the easiest fix would be to just replace the motor since they're so cheap. The guy rents a house with no workspace and just hasn't had the time or means to swap out the motor, and at this point he plans to sell off the supercharger to fund the motor replacement and off the thing since it's been sitting so long. That supercharger has been out of production for a long, long time and probably damn near impossible to find anymore. This car plus that MP62 and some seats would be absolutely :muah: :dedong:

However, we just turned in the registrations for our kids at the pre-school/daycare and we're staring at $3,015/month in childcare bills beginning in August. :flaccid:

Life comes at you fast, fellas. :mahman:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

This is a good deal. I really miss my NC.

I would strongly consider this and doing what coogles outlined (2.5 swap + supercharger), but I'm in way too deep into the S2000. I actually liked my NC more than the S2000, but I'll never get back what I put into it the last year. I'm pretty much stuck with this thing.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Having driven this car, it’s just about perfect as is. The only thing I’d do is maybe the seats, but that’s mostly because I’m a seat whore.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:49 pm Ok, things have changed. Car's gotta go. Tell your friends, tell your wife.
Sad! :thankstrump:
brain go brrrrrr
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:49 pm Ok, things have changed. Car's gotta go. Tell your friends, tell your wife.
"Things"?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wap wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:26 pm
"Things"?
:doomed:
brain go brrrrrr
wap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:12 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:26 pm

"Things"?
I now have motivation to sell.

:math: dictates it's gotta go. I've got things to do, places to be.
:notsure:
Vague answer is vague.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:crang:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:hibachi:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:32 pm You'll all find out soon enough.
:pout:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:40 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:32 pm You'll all find out soon enough.
:pout:
:dat:

:pout: I wanna know right away! :pout: