DFD SPECIAL! 2007 HD Night Rod Special V-Rod

Wheel and deal your goods to the populace of DFD.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Acid666 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:50 am Man these guys don't fuck around. They wanted to pick it up Friday.
Called yesterday to verify some shit. I said I actually didn't mean to accept the offer since I wanted to put a bunch of stock parts on the bike and wanted to resubmit for a new quote. Dude was kinda stumbled and said he'd just note that I'm putting stock parts in the file for when they pick it up. Basically I didn't want to misrepresent the bike with aftermarket parts that are no longer on it.

Finished it last night. Here's a list of what I removed and reverted back to stock.
Handlegrips
intake cover (was running topless, with the top cover removed. A common mod)
Auto tuner removed
Stock pegs and clutch foot thing
stock levers
belt guards reinstalled
rear 2up pegs installed
stock exhaust installed
stock seat installed
all vinyl removed from wheels, tank shell, rear swingarm

The license plate led doesn't look like it's getting power, so I need to figure that out tonight.
Awesome. I just hope they don't nickel and dime you about condition when they show up OR after the fact.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Well from their view from the pictures I sent, all they might think is the exhaust was changed, and the vinyl on the wheels and tank shell are gone. So it might not seem like it was that dramatic of a change. When I submitted it I didn't list a single thing for mods, just sent the pics. Stock bike will be easier to sell anyways. So it only benefits them to have more oem parts.

I plan on doing a whole writeup of the process I'm case anyone else is interested later.
Acid666

Paperwork submitted to Rumble On. From what I read it's usually super quick for them to drop the cash in your account. I think it happens once all the paperwork is good. Then they send you a Fedex label to overnight them the title and all that fun stuff. Then they schedule your pickup.

Spent all of last night and a couple of hours today getting it to stock. Didn't take off the plastidip or black vinyl blacking out the fork tubes. The wire that powers the license plate led needs to be completely rewired. I'm in DGAF mode and didn't want to deal with it. The first routing option I did was a hackjob, and I'd rather just not even do it than half ass it. They can worry about it.

Here's the before and after

The stock exhaust literally weights about 25-30 pounds. It's atrocious. You have to countersteer on the interstate just to keep the bike straight.
Acid666

Cash is in the bank! Now just to schedule a pickup with them. They'll likely call me to do it.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Acid666

And gone! Currently now looking at a Yellow NB. Need to dig into what you guys think about it.
Acid666

In case anyone's looking for a Vrod
https://www.rumbleon.com/buy/1HD1HHZ107K811785
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Acid666 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:01 am In case anyone's looking for a Vrod
:lol: did you swap the stock exhaust on and peel those stickers off? Funny that they're using your old pics instead of taking new ones of how the bike actually looks.
Acid666

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:13 am
Acid666 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:01 am In case anyone's looking for a Vrod
:lol: did you swap the stock exhaust on and peel those stickers off? Funny that they're using your old pics instead of taking new ones of how the bike actually looks.
Yes. My first submittal was just as is to get an idea of the quote. I planned on letting their offer expire and then swap to stock parts and get it requoted, but apparently me clicking on the link counted as me accepting their offer. Whatevs, I was to the point of not caring anymore so when they called I said I actually wanted to swap some parts. They said cool, no worries.
Then I had to resubmit photos when I did the actual paperwork and it was completely stock with no vinyl. So the right side of the bike is the old, and the left side has the updated new. They lazy bruh. Or they didn't notice in the pics.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Acid666 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:33 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:13 am

Yes. My first submittal was just as is to get an idea of the quote. I planned on letting their offer expire and then swap to stock parts and get it requoted, but apparently me clicking on the link counted as me accepting their offer. Whatevs, I was to the point of not caring anymore so when they called I said I actually wanted to swap some parts. They said cool, no worries.
Then I had to resubmit photos when I did the actual paperwork and it was completely stock with no vinyl. So the right side of the bike is the old, and the left side has the updated new. They lazy bruh. Or they didn't notice in the pics.
I'm gonna guess a little of both. Half the team working on your bike didn't notice. The other half noticed, but :aintcare:
Acid666

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:38 am
Acid666 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:33 am

I'm gonna guess a little of both. Half the team working on your bike didn't notice. The other half noticed, but :aintcare:
When I started to replace stock parts I figured it would completely give a facelift to the bike and look totally different. All that really ended up looking different was the exhaust and vinyl. They had no clue that I removed about 10 or so parts. From the seat, adjustable levers, 1" drop, tuner, pegs, grips, all that shit. So to them it's like MEH, WHATEVS BRUH! If you look at their site they're overwhelmingly stocked with Harleys. 633 last time I checked. Next biggest is like 40 or 50 Hondas.
Acid666

Professional photos and shit are up on the bike. Kinda funny to see some of their ratings.
Subframe bent, engine and primary drive internal wear. Lol. I'm wondering where they got that from. The clutch felt good and I changed the oil in it often. I think it's part of the reason it was running so good with 35K on the odometer.