Shopping in the worst car market ever...Summer 21 Plac Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:52 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:17 am I could get on board with blue on tan or grey maybe, not sure Superman and McDick color schemes work for me.
Blue over brown/honey/saddle/cinnamon is :megusta: as well.
This is my favorite.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

I've been keeping an eye out for :truk: :dill: s for the past few months. This is the first I've seen that isn't a rip off, but still overpriced. Glad to start seeing some price drop :doe: I think the end of the year should be getting good.

https://www.bishopchevroletbuick.com/Ve ... 5136158820
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:26 pm I've been keeping an eye out for :truk: :dill: s for the past few months. This is the first I've seen that isn't a rip off, but still overpriced. Glad to start seeing some price drop :doe: I think the end of the year should be getting good.

Straight from farm duty to the photo op. :impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:26 pm I've been keeping an eye out for :truk: :dill: s for the past few months. This is the first I've seen that isn't a rip off, but still overpriced. Glad to start seeing some price drop :doe: I think the end of the year should be getting good.

:word: Seeing an interior straight up drenched in water doesn't exactly make me want to run out and buy the vehicle :lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:25 am

:word: Seeing an interior straight up drenched in water doesn't exactly make me want to run out and buy the vehicle :lolol:
:fullretard: :dillerman:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:25 am

It's like they washed it with the windows down. BUT, it's the best deal I've seen in months for the age and mileage and the Carfox is strong.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:56 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:57 pm
It's like they washed it with the windows down. BUT, it's the best deal I've seen in months for the age and mileage and the Carfox is strong.
Looks like it was pulled in out of the rain.
That would make more sense.

If it's still there in a few weeks, I'll probably pick it up.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

$31k for a used Colorado is a good deal these days?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:38 am $31k for a used Colorado is a good deal these days?
I know, right? But I imagine used they are just MSRP normally like most cars :disgust:

It's funny, the Everyday Driver guys did this big 'cheap sports car challenge' video series, it was supposed to be sub $8K sports cars. Well, the MR2 Spyder was included and I sometimes forget about those cars, but was thinking, man, one of those would be fun. Well, they certainly are not sub $8K, most passable ones are in the $15K range and really nice ones bumping up against $20K.

:wtf:

These cars were probably bought for those prices new 20 years ago.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:07 am
MrH42 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:38 am $31k for a used Colorado is a good deal these days?
I know, right? But I imagine used they are just MSRP normally like most cars :disgust:

It's funny, the Everyday Driver guys did this big 'cheap sports car challenge' video series, it was supposed to be sub $8K sports cars. Well, the MR2 Spyder was included and I sometimes forget about those cars, but was thinking, man, one of those would be fun. Well, they certainly are not sub $8K, most passable ones are in the $15K range and really nice ones bumping up against $20K.

Did they have a turbo one? The NA ones were 5-8k 4 ev er. Not sure what they are the last six months though.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:48 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:07 am

Did they have a turbo one? The NA ones were 5-8k 4 ev er. Not sure what they are the last six months though.
That is the previous gen, MRS doesn't have a factory turbo option. It is basically a convertible backwards Corolla from 2001 which is now somehow a $17K vehicle :lolol:

:ohwell:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:48 pm Did they have a turbo one? The NA ones were 5-8k 4 ev er. Not sure what they are the last six months though.
That is the previous gen, MRS doesn't have a factory turbo option. It is basically a convertible backwards Corolla from 2001 which is now somehow a $17K vehicle Imageol:

:dafuq:

I sold mine for $7000 including the extra 10 lb autox wheels with Rivals.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:25 pm
D Griff wrote:
That is the previous gen, MRS doesn't have a factory turbo option. It is basically a convertible backwards Corolla from 2001 which is now somehow a $17K vehicle Imageol:

:mahtroy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:25 pm
D Griff wrote:

Dat luck :doe:

As I recall yours was pretty :nice: , it would be high teens now. :disappoint: I do want to own a mid engine car but not that badly. Even a Toyota will have 20 y.o. car shit... At that price, a new GR86 for $14K more seems much better.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:18 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:48 pm
That is the previous gen, MRS doesn't have a factory turbo option. It is basically a convertible backwards Corolla from 2001 which is now somehow a $17K vehicle :lolol:

Oh your post said MR2 which for us is probably an auto correct :lolol:

I agree though the prices for those are so dumb. I spent about 5 minutes checking for when my roommate was looking at Miatas.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:25 pm :dafuq:

As I recall yours was pretty :nice: , it would be high teens now. :disappoint: I do want to own a mid engine car but not that badly. Even a Toyota will have 20 y.o. car shit... At that price, a new GR86 for $14K more seems much better.
The Spyder is pretty awesome to drive but it's useless as a car. It's about as practical as a motorcycle.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:35 pm
D Griff wrote:

The Spyder is pretty awesome to drive but it's useless as a car. It's about as practical as a motorcycle.
Yeah... if somehow the Spyder could be combined with the Cayman...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Kind of tempting with the swap… but man the pics look pretty meh for $10k :lolol:

https://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 13226.html
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Any decent car is over $10k lately. A swapped MR2 Spyder sounds like a blast for the money. I'd look at it if it was local. The "no test drives" thing is funny though. You want someone to buy a swapped motor car without driving it?

Speaking of buying without test driving: My Subaru dealership said they won't have a BRZ to test drive. They only have orders coming in only. Sucks. This is a place I've bought 2 cars from myself, and bought my mom one.
I have a good relationship with them, they just said they literally have zero planned shipments just for inventory that I could test drive. Maybe I can try to get in a GR86 somewhere instead.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:44 am Kind of tempting with the swap… but man the pics look pretty meh for $10k :lolol:

I'll drop you off in GSO Saturday and you can drive that home :lolol:
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:Kind of tempting with the swap… but man the pics look pretty meh for $10k Imageol:

A pre-swapped car is the way to go. If I ever got another spyder it would have a 2ZZ.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:12 am Any decent car is over $10k lately. A swapped MR2 Spyder sounds like a blast for the money. I'd look at it if it was local. The "no test drives" thing is funny though. You want someone to buy a swapped motor car without driving it?

Speaking of buying without test driving: My Subaru dealership said they won't have a BRZ to test drive. They only have orders coming in only. Sucks. This is a place I've bought 2 cars from myself, and bought my mom one.
I have a good relationship with them, they just said they literally have zero planned shipments just for inventory that I could test drive. Maybe I can try to get in a GR86 somewhere instead.
:eyeroll:

That is sad about the test drive thing... but I can't really blame them. I bet most people who want a BRZ know what they want spec-wise, and it's costly to have inventory. I think I would actually buy a GR86 without a test drive, based on the reviews. I've driven gen 1 enough to know what the car is about and it sounds like just an evolutionary improvement across the board. Still, it's a lot of dough to plop down with zero experience in the car.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:44 am Kind of tempting with the swap… but man the pics look pretty meh for $10k :lolol:

I'll drop you off in GSO Saturday and you can drive that home :lolol:
I wish... I hate ads like that though. I assume with pictures that shitty that the car is just a total dog. :iono:
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showt ... ?t=1855659

Intriguing... I'd swap out those wheels in 2 seconds flat but other than that, not bad! It's a shame that the F36 (4 gran coupe) didn't have a manual option.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:26 pm
MrH42 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:12 am Any decent car is over $10k lately. A swapped MR2 Spyder sounds like a blast for the money. I'd look at it if it was local. The "no test drives" thing is funny though. You want someone to buy a swapped motor car without driving it?

:eyeroll:

That is sad about the test drive thing... but I can't really blame them. I bet most people who want a BRZ know what they want spec-wise, and it's costly to have inventory. I think I would actually buy a GR86 without a test drive, based on the reviews. I've driven gen 1 enough to know what the car is about and it sounds like just an evolutionary improvement across the board. Still, it's a lot of dough to plop down with zero experience in the car.
I actually ordered my 1st gen BRZ without driving it. I took a chance, and glad I did. I daily drove that for 4 years.

Production is already constrained on everything, the dealership is pretty much doing orders for most everything. Might as well. If you're supply constrained, might as well keep inventory at an absolute minimum.