Shopping in the worst car market ever...Summer 21 Plac Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:37 pm Are we not going to mention the infamous sunroof :doe: ... and never wanting to get another car with one...

I keed I keed. New car with warranty :whocares: for 3 years or 36k miles.

Updates on MPG etc would be great...
Cloth would have been fine too, they make a grey cloth interior for these on the EX trim which would have been acceptable. The dealer with the EX trim was the one that wanted to sell the $31k car to us for $42k. So this was cheaper out the door but has leather and power liftgate. Didn't even know it came with a sunroof until you mentioned this, probably won't ever use it.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:47 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:14 pm Yeah it’s alright. Ugly but it will work. Comfy and drives nicely.
They’re not that bad. It’s a nice choice. Congrats on being able to close this :plac: chapter and being able to get back to living life.
Thanks. It'll work to haul the baby and dog plus all the junk that accompanies them without shitting body parts on the highway. Hopefully the fuel mileage doesn't suck, but Honda hybrids have never really delivered on fuel economy the way Toyotas do.

The Yota drove like a marshmallow and more like a truck, this drives like a normal car. With better equipment and far better seats. So it won.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

At least it's a good color :iono:

Good pick overall IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Memory seats are going to be nice. Set those up last night.
She got 33 MPG indicated coming home yesterday. Hope that improves as it breaks in because that’s not quite 40 city / 35 highway.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:43 am Image

She got 33 MPG indicated coming home yesterday. Hope that improves as it breaks in because that’s not quite 40 city / 35 highway.
Memory seats are the one thing I wish the Crosstrek had. Manual seats are fine, but since it's our only car, we're adjusting frequently.

I bet the CRV will break in nicely. 40 city would be :impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I like those gray seats.

How's the stereo? That's historically been a weak point for Honda, but something they get very right for Acura.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:45 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:43 am Image

Memory seats are the one thing I wish the Crosstrek had. Manual seats are fine, but since it's our only car, we're adjusting frequently.

I bet the CRV will break in nicely. 40 city would be :impressive:
The Atlas not having memory seats is a bit of a PITA considering my wife drives it day to day but I'm always driving any time we go anywhere as a family. It'd be easy enough to add the trim piece on the seat with the memory buttons, but :notsure: if it could be coded into the car. Need to do some digging on the VagCom forums.
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:49 am I like those gray seats.

How's the stereo? That's historically been a weak point for Honda, but something they get very right for Acura.
Interface is awful and slow. No clue on sound quality. Will update once I get a chance to test it out.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

New car looks nice Johnny! Hope you have many trouble free miles with it!
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:43 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:49 am I like those gray seats.

Interface is awful and slow. No clue on sound quality. Will update once I get a chance to test it out.
That's how the Civic's is as well, but Android Auto mostly resolves any issues.

Nice car! Love the color.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Yep, memory seats are fantastic, especially for an only car.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

HerrBerlin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:21 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:43 am

That's how the Civic's is as well, but Android Auto mostly resolves any issues.

Nice car! Love the color.
Yeah the color isn’t too bad. A little dark. Helps it look a bit less stupid. I think the red is the best but alas that wasn’t happening.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:22 pm Yep, memory seats are fantastic, especially for an only car.
The main thing I'd change about Crosstrek, but it at least has manual seats, which are way faster to adjust.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I am :rage: that the T-reg doesnt have memory seats. My wife like to set it for Big Foot Monster :truck: levels of altitude.... I literally cant get in without adjusting it. While I am :triggered: the buttons get jostled upon entry and exit too, so it always feels like some :derp: took it for a joyride in between drivers....

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Irish wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:40 pm I am :rage: that the T-reg doesnt have memory seats. My wife like to set it for Big Foot Monster :truck: levels of altitude.... I literally cant get in without adjusting it. While I am :triggered: the buttons get jostled upon entry and exit too, so it always feels like some :derp: took it for a joyride in between drivers....

I got 2 seats without it and one with. And it’s only marginally better. I still stand there like a turd waiting for it to move 2 feet back and 1 foot down for 45 seconds. Or I can move it myself in the mini is about 10 seconds total including the “pump” handle of doom
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:59 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:40 pm I am :rage: that the T-reg doesnt have memory seats. My wife like to set it for Big Foot Monster :truck: levels of altitude.... I literally cant get in without adjusting it. While I am :triggered: the buttons get jostled upon entry and exit too, so it always feels like some :derp: took it for a joyride in between drivers....

I got 2 seats without it and one with. And it’s only marginally better. I still stand there like a turd waiting for it to move 2 feet back and 1 foot down for 45 seconds. Or I can move it myself in the mini is about 10 seconds total including the “pump” handle of doom
Yea, this is why unless a seat has memory function, I prefer a manual seat. I can get a manual seat adjusted the way I live from the :tits: position within seconds. A power seat takes forever. I don't get the obsession with power seats, I've never cared for them.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:53 pm

Yea, this is why unless a seat has memory function, I prefer a manual seat. I can get a manual seat adjusted the way I live from the :tits: position within seconds. A power seat takes forever. I don't get the obsession with power seats, I've never cared for them.
:mahman: same. I never understood the appeal. Which is why when the tacoma got it in '20 I truly :aintcare: but oh well.
Johnny_P

The only bennie across the board is the power seats allow more minute adjustment than the manual seats tend to. On some cars the power seat allows you to change the pitch of the seat bottom, instead of being fixed to one pivot point when you're adjusting.

Learned today that the CRV's 2 key fobs are numbered and have different radio signals that will start adjusting the seat to the key when you unlock the car. So its basically in position when you open the door. Neat.

Drove it more today. I'm completely whatever on this vehicle. Probably should have bought the Toyota. But whatever. It's comfy and quiet and even though the fuel mileage is a lie it's still half decent.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I'd rather have more comfortable seats than an extra 5mpg TBH
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:17 pm I'd rather have more comfortable seats than an extra 5mpg TBH
Especially in a vehicle like that.
max225

32 vs 40 mpg is no where near 20 vs 28z just a nature of the way we measure things in this great country of ours.

Anything above 30 is essentially :whocares: double digit per month on gas … pfft
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:12 pm
The only bennie across the board is the power seats allow more minute adjustment than the manual seats tend to. On some cars the power seat allows you to change the pitch of the seat bottom, instead of being fixed to one pivot point when you're adjusting.

Learned today that the CRV's 2 key fobs are numbered and have different radio signals that will start adjusting the seat to the key when you unlock the car. So its basically in position when you open the door. Neat.

Drove it more today. I'm completely whatever on this vehicle. Probably should have bought the Toyota. But whatever. It's comfy and quiet and even though the fuel mileage is a lie it's still half decent.
Very good point on the minute adjustments. My 2003 Corvette had the key fob thing, it was actually annoying because you had to always use the same fob. :neat: if you always use the same fob :doe:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:59 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:12 pm

Very good point on the minute adjustments. My 2003 Corvette had the key fob thing, it was actually annoying because you had to always use the same fob. :neat: if you always use the same fob :doe:
Not an issue if your fob is broken and you only have one key
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:59 pm
Not an issue if your fob is broken and you only have one key
:notwrong:

I got sick of the fob issue and just filed away the second one. Looked like the POs did too, it looked brand new.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:47 pm 32 vs 40 mpg is no where near 20 vs 28z just a nature of the way we measure things in this great country of ours.

Anything above 30 is essentially :whocares: double digit per month on gas … pfft
You're not wrong, but its at 30. Which is 1 off what the regular gas engine one gets. Looking on Fuelly, the Rav gets 10 better consistently, which means it achieves its MPG rating. Guess I should have checked real world MPG results before taking their word for it.